Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I jumped into this series with SR3, never seen SR1 before so this will be neat.

Are you planning to play the whole series, or just 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Oleg speaks a bit of Russian in 3.

I'm also kind of surprised that a game this old includes women in the random enemy mooks.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DMorbid posted:

I despise Killbane. Not in the "I want to kick this fucker's rear end for all the evil poo poo he's pulled" way they intended, but in the "I wish this terrible character and everything involving him wasn't in the game at all" way, which in wrestling is commonly (and slightly unfairly) known as "X-Pac heat." See, Killbane, I can drop wrestling lingo too, and mine is actually appropriate for the context!

Yeah, the story goes from development that one of the senior devs was just a really big pro wrestling fan and wanted to have a "The Boss gets thrust into a wrestling storyline" bit, which is how we got Killbane.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Unfortunately the reboot is also confirmed to be an Epic exclusive (at first). Oh well, I guess that means it will be at a nice discount when it finally comes to a game store I don't despise.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm confused as to what the Rollers are even supposed to be doing. Stuff previous to this has suggested that they're a street racing gang, but apparently they're getting bankrolled by a guy who lives in a mansion because ???

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm guessing the buyers might be Ultor in 2.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I really wish they'd given Tanya some proper clothes for her final appearance. Or in general. I get that she was a hooker, but did she really have to go around dressed like a working girl all the time?

This series has issues with women, and Tanya still wearing lingerie after taking over the Vice Kings sits particularly poorly with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Honestly, I'm kind of surprised this game did well enough to get a sequel. Seems like a mostly unremarkable GTA clone.

Thanks for the LP!