Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Something I always really liked was how the boss in this one puts some people on each gang and then tells you 'Go talk to them, they'll have stuff for you to do.' and then in the later gangs when you are the Boss, your character does the same exact thing, putting various people in charge of each gang and then telling everyone to 'talk to those guys if you need something to do.'

Gothsheep fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Beartaco posted:

I've never seen a single second of this game before, so this'll be interesting to watch! It certainly looks uh, of its time, is the nicest thing I can say about it. I already thought that Saints Row 2 had aged like milk when I played it back in 2010 or so.

Saints Row 2 could definitely use a Remaster. A lot of the game's structure is really good, but the gameplay really, really shows it age.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
Yeah, Killbane was not the best villain the series ever had. Honestly, the best villain I think was Zinyak. A refined, cultured, well educated rear end in a top hat with a wit was dry as the desert, whose entire goal in life seemed to be spoiling the Boss's fun.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
I don't know if they can realistically go from zero to bonkers with a remake. Part of what makes SR3 and 4 work was that you had the ramp-up of the prior games. By the time Saints Row 2 came out, your character had proven themself as a stonecold badass, so it allowed them to get away with being a ball of crazy in the second game. And that being a mass of chaotic insanity in SR2 make it easy to just ramp up the whole world being completely insane by 3.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
It really was a comedy of errors all around. The way the Playa got caught was the stupidest thing. He shoots his way through like 40 guys, but then completely fails to actually secure the room he's in before trying to cut Lynn free and one guy with a baseball bat takes him out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
Considering what they try and turn Gat into in later games, I found what happened to him this episode to be really funny.

And the Playa once again walks into a room and gets hit in the back of the head by someone who was hiding behind the door. I'm getting Farcry 3 flashbacks here.