Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
As much as I love Saints Row 2 through Gat Outta Hell, this game has something ephemeral that it's hard to put my finger on. It never tried to take itself as seriously as GTA games do, and I think it managed to establish itself as a unique property right out of the gate. And the characters are excellently-voiced and animated and there's just something awfully charming about the whole procedure. And going back and watching it after all the later games, it's still just as enrapturing and charming to me now as it was then. Maybe one day they'll port the original game to PC (fat chance) so I can actually replay it... until then, this LP will have to tide me over.

Also, back in 2006, I originally played this on a friend's 360, on their 22 inch CRT TV - and it ran really, really well, so I have very different memories about this game from most people, it seems.

RelentlessImp fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU