Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

edogawa rando posted:

The full 15-person version of the game is on.

The Lions are playing the Springboks in Cape Town, and the All Blacks will play the Wallabies next weekend.

Rugby XVs is ehhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Rarity posted:

Rugby XVs is ehhhhhh

BLASPHEMER

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

It’s on at dumb o’clock on the Tele for me but I guess it’ll be ok for the uk. Time zones are amazing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Not everyone can enjoy a full test. Some people don't even appreciate test match cricket.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Who are these people?

Bring back the endless test I say

slorb
May 14, 2002
If rugby games don't last long enough for you I can recommend the NFL. The Superbowl sometimes pushes past 4 hours.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

slorb posted:

If rugby games don't last long enough for you I can recommend the NFL. The Superbowl sometimes pushes past 4 hours.

At least the super bowl has that extra long half time as an excuse. It's routine for college games to get drat close to 4 hours, if not longer. Especially if it's high scoring and two pass happy teams.

Coming from that to rugby has been refreshing when it comes to game length. In and out in right around 2 hours.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

goatface posted:

Not everyone can enjoy a full test. Some people don't even appreciate test match cricket.

Some people say 5 days of cricket is too much, some people say 5 days of cricket isn't enough...

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Five days of sevens rugby though. Perfect.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

It’s on at dumb o’clock on the Tele for me but I guess it’ll be ok for the uk. Time zones are amazing.

yeah Lions test was on at I think 3 am Japan time, and I think stuck on some upper-tier sports cable package. Nope.

Five days of sevens rugby though. Perfect.

:hmmyes: you have a very good point here

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

slorb posted:

4 hours for fewer minutes of ball in play than a rugby 7s game lol

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

They should add a 10s comp in Paris too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They should add the fat lads 7s.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

goatface posted:

They should add the fat lads 7s.

They should add a fat lads version of every event

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Rarity posted:

The most correct post of all time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rarity posted:

Fat daddy rowing is a good event, I don't think they do it for the olympics

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
While waiting for the fat lad revolution to hit the Olympics, may I suggest the sumo thread

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Bip Roberts posted:

Nice of them to do their cute dancy show for others.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You’re gonna hate this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLwN0klNxH4

(It’s probably geolocked because lol internet)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

You’re gonna hate this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLwN0klNxH4

(It’s probably geolocked because lol internet)

Can't see it, owned.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:chord:

Haiduc
Oct 26, 2007
How'd you get the scar, tough guy? Eating pineapple?
I hadn't given much consideration to rugby until being exposed to it through a few Olympic matches. I realized that I love this sport. I'm a fan of gridiron football, but I want to get into rugby now.

I know there are a few international 7s events throughout the year, including one in September.

Any advice on what leagues / formats are worth checking out?

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

7s or 15 a side?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Haiduc posted:

I hadn't given much consideration to rugby until being exposed to it through a few Olympic matches. I realized that I love this sport. I'm a fan of gridiron football, but I want to get into rugby now.

I know there are a few international 7s events throughout the year, including one in September.

Any advice on what leagues / formats are worth checking out?

For 15s, Major League Rugby has just finished for the year but it's been pretty fun to watch so worth keeping an eye out for when the season restarts. The Rugby Championship tournament is about to start between Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa, so you get to watch New Zealand style on other teams for a few weeks.

For 7s, the World Series starts in September and that's basically the biggest 7s series of tournaments and always has a fun atmosphere (Covid allowing).

Haiduc
Oct 26, 2007
How'd you get the scar, tough guy? Eating pineapple?

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

7s or 15 a side?

I'm interested in both. I like the fast pace of 7s, but I think I'll also enjoy the tactical depth of league and union play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Like Vaders Jester said, the Rugby Championship is starting so there will be games every week. NZ just played and beat Australia yesterday, although the match itself wasn't that good imo. There's also Six Nations in the Northern Hemisphere.