Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think we have a quorum on a 30 minute window.

If someone is a minute or four late, , we might be able to scrub the pick, this isn't too formal, but basically 30 minutes to go or someone else will make your pick for you.

Deimos is up at pick 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah I sent them a PM at 6:19 so it's almost up and I agree if someone shows up close we can always work with it.

E: all right, someone pick.

Rick fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 28, 2021

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Im up next at 6. Should I make that pick or pick for 5? Someone else should probably take 5

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Think Less posted:

Im up next at 6. Should I make that pick or pick for 5? Someone else should probably take 5

Sure, pick 5th , I'll take 6th so as to avoid CONFLICTS OF INTEREST unless someone else wants to do

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Barnes it is at 5

Think Less fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 28, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If you want to join the unofficial NBA N/V discord, (It's just a handful of us and sometimes we stream games and talk about them.) https://discord.gg/eDZdmyAm here's the link

I'm going with the MV mock here, OKC gets a compliment to SGA who can develop into a special scorer and defender in time
6. Moses Moody, SG, Arkansas

Boonoo is up next

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Dang! Thought I’d get Moody.

At 7 I’ll take Jonathan Kuminga

Edit: not sure if we’re back to Deimos at 8 or if Think Less, you’re just picking up Orlando.

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 28, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think we'll give Deimos another half hour just because I feel bad about not projecting a time so there was really way to be ready.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Boonoo posted:

Edit: not sure if we’re back to Deimos at 8 or if Think Less, you’re just picking up Orlando.

I was picking for Orlando.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Boonoo posted:

My suggestion is that that people who picked a team and miss a pick get to keep their later picks, we're just going to have fill ins if they're not around, it's chaotic but feels like the right way to do it.

The first fill in is probably the first person we check with to make the pick if the original is gone again the next time around.

We're just trying to have everyone weigh in without taking a week to finish.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hey thanks, sorry I work til 8 and then put my kids to bed and poo poo and tonight I took a minute to finish Sekiro so I didn’t realize we’d started haha. I was going to take Moody but I like Barnes as a flyer, not like the magic are a piece away

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Since we didn’t get moody the magic will take Franz Wagner with their second pick

Isaac/Barnes/Wagner/Okeke/Fultz is going to bring the whole league’s scoring average down appreciably, in a good and a bad way

Edit wait did we just skip think less completely?

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 28, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

9. Alperen Sengun

I don't love the pick but there is a lot of noise around him at this spot. They brought him in so Monte has some interest, therefore I have to think there is some fire to that smoke. Bagley is a goner at some point so we do need some front court help too. Also we are looking to "win now" apparently and a polished big from a professional league kind of fits the bill

Someone did a deep dive on Monte's history looking for patterns and what someone came across is that he tends to like guys who get a mix of blocks and steals at their position.

quote:

Some other themes regarding positions I noticed that I might dive into deeper in a later piece are:
Guards: Higher steal rate, at least above 15% ast
Wings: Should have steal and block rates above at least 1%
Bigs: Relatively high block rate along with at least a 1% steal rate.

Alperen got 5.9%/2.6%

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 28, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

Since we didn’t get moody the magic will take Franz Wagner with their second pick

Isaac/Barnes/Wagner/Okeke/Fultz is going to bring the whole league’s scoring average down appreciably, in a good and a bad way

Edit wait did we just skip think less completely?

Gotcha! ANd no worries for late, this is all chaotic.

Think Less got Kuminga.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Nick and Memphis on the clock.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
10. Memphis Grizzlies -Josh Giddey, SF, Adelaide 36ers

Morestuff is on the clock

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 28, 2021

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Charlotte needs a center or a three-and-d wing so this is kind of an ugly board for them. Was hoping either Wagner or Sengun would still be here.

Gonna reach some and take Kai Jones

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
drat sorry. Giddey was going to be my pick anyway. Thank you Dejan

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the spurs take ziaire williams

you rubes, you stooges, you gullible fucks, i played you all

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Indiana takes Jaden Springer

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer
With 14 the Warriors will take James Bouknight.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
At 15 the Wizards take Jalen Johnson

I'm going to bed now but if this keeps going while I'm asleep I should be the easiest person on the forum to pick for so Dejan or whoever can feel free

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer
Here’s what we’ve got for the lottery (+1):

1. Detroit - Cade Cunningham
2. Houston - Evan Mobley
3. Cleveland - Jalen Suggs
4. Toronto - Jalen Green
5. Orlando - Scottie Barnes
6. Oklahoma City - Moses Moody
7. Golden State (from Minnesota) - Jonathan Kuminga
8. Orlando (from Chicago) - Franz Wagner
9. Sacramento - Alperen Segun
10. New OrleansMemphis - Josh Giddey
11. Charlotte - Kai Jones
12. San Antonio - Zaire Williams
13. Indiana - Jaden Springer
14. Golden State - James Bouknight

15. Washington - Jalen Johnson

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
We are officially past 9:00 so everyone is off the clock. I'll continue to record picks if people wander in during the night because I probably am not going to bed until 6-7 today due to being off work this week but no pressure for anyone.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
At 16 the Thunder take Isaiah Jackson

I will very possibly still be asleep when the 18th pick comes up. Don't wait more than a half-hour for me please

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Weren't you doing 17 too? All the same most people are still asleep so I don't think it's a big deal.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Speaking of sleep, I am going to go to it. If Think Less hasn't posted by 9, follow their wishes and pick for them.

I sent Dejan a mini board with like six guys on it so Dejan can pick for me if I don't wake up by the time it is my turn, which seems likely at this point.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Trey Murphy at 17 for Memphis
Usman Garuba 18 for OKC

Sorry for the delay, totally spaced that I was picking at 17 too

Think Less fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 28, 2021

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I am getting in a Knicks mindset.

I am getting in a Thibs mindset.

I see a shooty small point guard.

I am drafting Davion Mitchell for the NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Assuming Collins is gone this offseason. Hawks take JT Thor at 20

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Hmm, I'm kinda torn but I think I'm going to stay in the win-now mentality and draft Corey Kispert for the Knicks.

He'd be a shooter off the bench the Knicks could probably use even if he's probably never going to be more than an MLE-type guy.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Davion Mitchell is not even shootiest point guard from baylor what the hell. Sharife was right there

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
22. Chris Duarte - SG, Oregon

(posting on behalf of Rick, from Rick's big board)

G-Hawk is on the clock

I have to step away from devices for a minute, MV is up after G-Hawk's two picks

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 28, 2021

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

23. Houston - Sharife Cooper
24. Houston - Keon Johnson

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Going to give MV 10-15 more then just take whoever's on his mock

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
25. Clippers- Jared Butler

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Exit: fixed below

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 28, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Also no one claimed Denver so unless anyone objects I would say:

26. Denver- JT Thor

JT Thor taken 20th. I think Rick still asleep so the big board hasn’t been updated

17 trey murphy
18 usman garuba
19 davion mitchell
20 jt thor
21 corey kispert
22 chris duarte
23 sharife cooper
24 keon johnson
25 jared butler
26 bones hyland

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 28, 2021

MourningView