Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

syntaxfunction posted:

I don't know how Harry Potter is still around honestly. I get that people enjoy it but it seems like a moment in culture that just wants to hang around. The last book was apparently 2007. If it was just a cool thing people talk about from time to time I'd get it but it's apparently this huge force of culture.

I've heard people liken it to Tolkien and frankly they're complete dumbasses. At least Tolkien inspired countless works. gently caress, even Twilight inspired the lovely erotica book thing. Harry Potter has inspired nothing except milking the same things as eternatum. It boggles my mind.

In conclusion, unlike the world of Harry Potter, literature is a land of contrast and spectrum.

Harry Potter inspired terfs and liberals probably. I haven't read that trash but it seems to have anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

dee eight posted:

the hat shouts "HUFFLEHUFF!"

Come out to spra-ay.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Xenocides posted:

If I remember right Hermione was offered Ravenclaw but chose Gryffindor. Basically the same way Harry was offered Slytherin and turned it down.

She tried to redeem the other houses later in the books but meh.

Wait, the hat just suggests what house you go into? And most people decide to follow the advice of a piece of clothing.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Quotey posted:

find another book to whine about

Has this thread touched a nerve? How much harry potter merch do you own?

Weka
May 5, 2019

There's plenty of trashy fantasy with atleast some internal consistency written by someone who can string a sentence together in a way that doesn't make me despair, you don't have to be a professor of nerdery. Motherfuckers just write down their D&D games and it's 100x better than this weird pro slavery bullshit.