Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'll join up as an Officer for Mercury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

We are a mid-size fish in a very large pond. Surely it would be best to focus on increasing our trade and decreasing corruption for now so that we can maintain good relations with our neighbors while we build up our defenses. I highly suggest every House favor this approach.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ace009 posted:

1A: House Mercury fully supports the efforts by the Empress to merge all of Terra’s mega cities into one megacity. Not only will this benefit the Imperial economy, but also allow for a decent source of taxation and we can more easily coordinate Terra’s industrial capacity.

2A: We need not concern ourselves with these rebels, for improving the quality of life for all involved will surely prevent any rebellions. And besides, even if a rebellion were to break out, we could just.....ya know. Crush them. Obviously.

3A: Fire the crooked fools! That is your duty as Empress! Or do you really want to look like you support corruption on behalf on inept and incompetent officials?!

4A: Remember the old saying, my Empress, that the pen is mightier than the sword and the coin even more so. War is a terrible thing for business (unless you’re in the military-industrial complex, which although useful, is not exactly what is necessary to maintain a prosperous empire).

5A:I can concur that the Sh’a Monarchy would make a most useful ally. In fact, due to our common history, it would be wise to ally with these creatures.

6B:The fact that you haven’t focused on the Vix as the priority threat yet baffles me. They are clearly a serious threat to the Empire and should you fail to contain their expansion, it may come back to bite us in the rear end.

A
A
A
A
A
B
as my fellow House Member so eloquently put it

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

This galaxy is hostile to the human race, but there is no reason that trade and communication with the other civilized races can't prosper. However, this can't be done with the parasites and the hivemind out there. The 7th Fleet and House Mercury will defend all of humanity against these scourges and grow the Empire for the Empress.

E: The 7th shall show its might in our maiden voyage by tossing those parasites off of our world and engaging any other bug that dares attack us!

Slaan fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 2, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

1B
2B
3A
4C
5A

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

A rebellion? Against Our Empress?! How dare anyone think such thoughts!

1B
2A
3C
4B
5B

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

1A
2B
3C

Ladies and gentlemen of the court. Shouldn't we be focusing on expanding the habitable worlds available to us by destroying the pirates and hive worlds on our border rather than engage in a zero-sum game by ping-ponging worlds with our major neighbors? Trade and growth brings prosperity, not warfare!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

1C
2D
3C
4D

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

sniper4625 posted:

Officers and Courtiers of House Mercury, your Duke has revealed himself as naught but a rank traitor in league with the rebellion! I encourage you to transfer your allegiance to sturdier foundations before you share his fate!

Our noble Duke longs only for the best for the realm and the Empress! Only a traitor would make such dastardly accusations in the face of an unkind galaxy!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Mercury has the best interests of the empire at heart

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Right then. Now that the 7th Fleet has a competent Admiral with the Correct Loyalty, it is time to finish this invasion on Hesperia since the 5th and previous Admiral couldn't get it done

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Vix have learned their lesson. Time to consolidate our new holdings and prepare to dispatch the parasite world and pirates I believe.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Why didn't anyone think of the flora until now? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Admiral Mercury of the 7th

1D
- it seems the rebels are ready to make their move, but far too prematurely. Let them come while they are weak. Take the money for the benefit of humanity instead.

7th Fleet Orders

Defend any planet nearby from invasion that is ongoing. If none, move the fleet to the galactic west. Take any good Hive/parasite planets there but prioritize defending from pirate attacks in the area first