Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Sign me up as an Officer for House Juno!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Jossar of House Juno, Admiral of the First Fleet

Votes for Audience 1

1) C - The Western Territories are the primary concern of the Empire. Let the other "so-called" major civilizations fight among themselves in the east and with the rest of the Galaxy brought to heel, we will build the Empire up to heights not seen since the days of old!

2) A, 3) D - Piffle, utter nonsense! Your Majesty, do not throw away loyal servants who have had to resort to desperate measures in light of recent hard times. Instead the Empire should be focused on improving conditions so that they need not resort to such measures.

4) B - The Narwog have practically handed themselves to us on a silver platter, what a stroke of luck! Not only will we gain access to the systems themselves, but another corridor for future Hiveward expansion and the isolation and containment of the two remaining minor powers. Your Majesty, we cannot let this opportunity pass us by!

5) A, 6) C - I remain convinced that the destiny of the Empire is in the west rather than the east. But to the extent we must be concerned about a potential military threat, though I would not go so far as to use the word "peer", it would be the Antarians. Their values are inextricably opposed to those of the Empire and they bear the greatest proximity to our potential corridors of expansion.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

An indecisive lot of lollygaggers, I see, though I am glad that there are at least some among you with an eye on the bigger picture.

As a man of action, I will commit the First Fleet to raid the Antarians, testing their defenses and picking off a few border colonies if the merchants are truly that incompetent.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Capital job, men! Your exemplary service does the Empress, House Juno, and this officer proud.

quote:

At this moment, Admiral Jossar heads from the bridge of Gloriana, flagship of the First Fleet, to his private quarters. Exchanging the duty of monitoring soldiers in their procession to the more administrative ones associated with his office. First, the admiral peruses a series of communiques sent from throughout the Empire to the First Fleet. Some of them have even been addressed to him, rather than the nest of vipers increasingly comprising his the officer cadre. Events on the galactic scale are mixed - the Parasites have woken up in the West, but their attacks have mostly been focused on the Hive rather than the Empire itself. War was declared on the Narwog, but the fleet responsible managed to screw up the invasion. The Antarians had been suitably cowed by the recent attacks, but that meant that there was less of a justification to keep raiding the corridor, especially since the Empire had shifted towards hostility with the Vix. Which had almost nearly gone in the aliens' favor had the 5th Fleet been just a little slower, but they'd managed to hold the line. If there was a House in the Empire that was nearly as solid as Juno, it was Mars, and quality showed.

Domestically, things were much more of a headache. Assassinations, endemic corruption, witch hunts for perceived lack of loyalty... The latter was particularly annoying to Jossar. The First Fleet had always been of a more practical bent in terms of its composition, accepting anyone who proclaimed even nominal allegiance to the Empire so they could be pointed outwards against its enemies instead. But it meant that there was a never-ending spiral of suspected disloyalty leading to the Fleet seeking less dependency on Terra for fear that it would cut off resources altogether as part of some political coup, leading to increasing suspicion of disloyalty ad infinitum. The Duke of House Juno, sensing that a similar problem was what had lead to the decline of the House, had been doing his best to counter this trend but the legacy of many years was proving hard to root out...

Anyway, decisions had to be made.

Votes for Audience 2

1) A - Your Majesty, I spoke with conviction on these issues last time and my response is very much the same. We just do not have the personnel to replace!

2) B - A ruse of a question! They really want to know if we view their states as inferior, and the answer is clearly yes. We have their diplomats begging for our favor even as we speak!

3) A - We're not really going to get much out of talking with the Vix now at this point, as obstinate as they are.

4) B - If the Antarians know how great the Empire is, it would be much easier to get them to join it instead.

5) A - For much the same reasons as earlier, my point remains the same.

The First Fleet will wait until reinforcements arrive, then attempt to capture Guzix, unless the situation on the Antarian border otherwise changes to make this infeasible. It's necessary to ensure that a future Antarian attack doesn't bypass Neton and isolate it by taking Nythia. From that point on though, the First Fleet will adopt a defensive posture until the next audience unless it is necessary for the Empire's defense that it move elsewhere. Though I trust the remainder of the Admiralty not to need our help.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 2, 2021

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

The Admiral cannot be reached at this time as he is too busy trying to manage the chaos at the Antarian border.

Votes for Audience 3

1) C

2) B

3) A

4) B

5) A

The First Fleet is pretty much just working to keep the frontier stable at this point. Maybe recapture Gorganos if possible, but not at the risk of pushing the Antarian relations further into the danger zone/screwing up overall defense of the border.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

As tempting as it would be to continue to lead the First Fleet to glory against the Antarians, the point of proving our mettle has been made, and the Empire has other priorities at the current time. Therefore I will join my fellow Admirals in a vote for:

1) A
2) D
3) B

As before, the First Fleet will continue to to keep the Antarian frontier stable. Not giving up on Gorganos though, that's rightful territory of the Empire, after all!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Very well, I suppose we've finally reached the point at which the Empire can afford to start trimming some of the fat.

1) C
2) B
3) B
4) C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

1B

At this point, pretty much just assume I'm keeping the Antarian front secure by default unless I suggest some other course of action.