Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I guess I missed the top 5 part when watching. I thought it was just losing his shot. Guess we should get back to defending rape jokes as heel heat.

or instead we can just light the fuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

imagine being that incapable of just saying "i misunderstood what happened."

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
man i feel like a dummy because i totally spaced on them clarifying that Hangmin was gonna be moved out of the top 5 that night

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Alaois posted:

imagine being that incapable of just saying "i misunderstood what happened."

I did say that? I guess I was just annoyed by how much Max Caster support there was and decided to be snarky on top of saying I missed that part about the top 5 specifically. Dynamite’s in an hour so we can all go back to being a happy AEW family until day 5 of the thread devolves into arguing. Rampage should fix that and everyone can be happy all the time.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

smarxist posted:

man i feel like a dummy because i totally spaced on them clarifying that Hangmin was gonna be moved out of the top 5 that night

It wasn't clear, the stipulation is that he would loose his title shot, nothing about the rankings was explicit and I don't recall the singles rankings being effected by a non-singles match before, nor do I recall a #1 ranked competitor dropping from the Top 5 wholesale after a loss before. It all fits with the story but the exact mechanism they were going to use was never clearly stated.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They mentioned it on commentary a few times, the exact wording being that he would have to "Step away" from the top 5.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I am making gyro pitas with cucumber sauce, sauteed onions and red peppers for Dynamite.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I'm not saying a good tip and typing in "MDK all day" got me a free pizza from Domino's, but that's pretty much what happened.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

so is Hangman the first big AEW guy to be headed to WWE???

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I don't want to put words in The Bee or anyone else's mouth, but if nobody is having fun with that particular toxx anymore for one reason or another, maybe we can consider 13 eps fulfilled?

Also 30 mins to light the fuse folks

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i figured it out

cody's music hits we get the long intro

light hits the elevator

up comes cody on his knees with malakai black standing over him

malakai kicks codys head off drags him to the ring and pins him

then we get a 2nd women's match instead

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rantmo posted:

nor do I recall a #1 ranked competitor dropping from the Top 5 wholesale after a loss before.

There is precedent in the women's division; Abadon fell out of the Top 5 after she lost to Shida earlier this year.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1423065497709563912?s=21

Seamlessly transitioning the Men of the Year into a feud with Varsity Blonds, while they presumably park The Acclaimed for a while.

Max also isn’t on tomorrow night’s Beyond show anymore.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
To be fair about 90% of the Rankings Discourse is because people just forget or not pay attention to the parts where the rankings are explained and then get mad about it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Dunno if anyone posted it previously, but BBT addressed the situation

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2...ldnt-have-aired

Tl;dr, says Max's rap was "terrible", says he wasn't present when Max did it, he didn't edit this week's edition of Dark, says he will be taking over editing duties on Dark/Dark Elevation going forward as well as Dynamite and Rampage, doesn't offer an actual apology or give any indication as to what (if any) punishment Max will face

Pretty long tl;dr there :v:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
watch the moments of the week clip linked on the last page, the night of the match commentary literally clarified the stipulation is Hangman "steps aside" from the top 5, so he's at least reset and probably won't re-rank until after Kenny's next title match, presumably he's free to chase the title at that point, Kenny set it up poorly in the promo but commentary at least clarified what's going on up to this point, however, it's a really convoluted angle at this point

if Hangman wasn't able to ever challenge Kenny again during this reign i think they'd have said that clearly. the bargain was "win and you get the next title match, lose and you're not in consideration for the next title match despite being #1", i think he'll be back at #1 quickly after Kenny's next title defense and probably will have a stip match or eliminator match thrown at him to get to Kenny

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

beggar posted:

I don't want to put words in The Bee or anyone else's mouth, but if nobody is having fun with that particular toxx anymore for one reason or another, maybe we can consider 13 eps fulfilled?

I can't say I'd mind, especially since Danielson going to AEW's stopped nearly so uncertain as it once was and because there's way more important things on my mind right now. But I figure tapping out of my own toxx is kind of weaksauce, so I didn't really want to go there.

e:

IcePhoenix posted:

it's not hard to scroll past the post so I would like for him to continue suffering for another month-ish until Bryan debuts

If the good people of the Pagoda's rather I keep paying for my hubris, though, that's also totally fine by me. So long as I'm not being an active detriment, y'know?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

beggar posted:

it's not hard to scroll past the post so I would like for him to continue suffering for another month-ish until Bryan debuts

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i'm exhausted from work but i read every post in this thread because i love you all

thank goodness for dynamite

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Penguin Patrol posted:

i'm exhausted from work but i read every post in this thread because i love you all

thank goodness for dynamite

thatb

I can't wait until the leadin for dynamite isn't a replay of The Equalizer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975541
Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975565

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 5, 2021