Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

That definitely read as Jericho checking off a bucket list item "Do a for-real deathmatch".

Should've been with Luther

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

yea ok posted:

he doubts himself, gets picked back up, gains confidence, starts the mind games with Kenny , wins the title

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1420511898894696452?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Britt said she’s bringing in someone else to watch her back. Guesses on this? Kling Kling call up? Legit Leyla joins Team DMD? A way to reintroduce Emi Sakura as not goofy mustache woman?

…the return of Britt’s good friend, the cutest in the world?

Ruby Soho?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

flatluigi posted:

ruby's got another month on her noncompete if it's a 90 day one, yeah? iiconics are free and also would be Great with britt, though they don't really feel like 'enforcers'

It's gonna turn out WWE was holding The IIconics back, and when needed to, they both can destroy people Road Warrior style.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

rewatched the main.

Without my kids in the room, I liked it a lot.

also, when Chris came out in blackface my daughter and I were both going "uhhhhhh....."

Me, from the GDT:

Davros1 posted:

Please let that be a mask. Please let that be a mask. Please let that be a mask

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Zombie Lemur posted:

I wasn't hyped for Juvi, but who else from that era who worked with Jericho isn't either dead or retired?

The obvious choice would've been Malenko, but with him having Parkinson's that's not an option.

I guess they could've brought in Psicosis and his rad public domain theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMA5Z_N2h4w

Chavo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I hope we get a segment with Kenny lording over the crowd about how he's ruined Page's life, sent him back into a spiral, and reveals that he's had Cutler secretly filming Page's descent. Then when he orders Cutler to play the footage, the footage shows Page and the Dark Order having a wonderful time together at an amusement park.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1421151788472750084?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

explosivo posted:

JR was unusually cantankerous this wednesday and it was starting to get kind of annoying by the end of the show but it seems like he has good night and bad nights :shrug:

"That Bass Drum has a family!" will go down as one of the greatest commentary lines in the history of wrestling.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1421266340447326209?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

The AEW belt shouldn't be the first one Kenny loses, it should be the last one. I don't see that happening before All Out. The stakes for his entire gimmick just aren't high enough without that. Page could feasibly show up on an Impact PPV and cost Kenny the belt. He could even show up in AAA and make sure Andrade wins their match. Or even without Page showing up, Kenny just starts losing his belts independently and clings onto the AEW title even more desperately. Someone else takes the tag belts off the Bucks in the meantime too, so Kenny and the platinum are the only things left of the Elite's reign of terror.

And honestly, I can wait for that kind of build.

The only problem with that is, how would it look if say, Sami Callahan could beat Kenny for a title, but Page couldn't?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vandar posted:

Wrong company, and Wizkids has got a deal with the WWE already for WWE 'clix already. The first set was pretty good! The second has apparently been infinitely delayed, presumably because of the pandemic. :negative:

(I would 100% buy into some kind of AEW tabletop game if it happened though.)

Get Cutler and Leva on this, stat!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

Have him come out with a pseudo Fiend gimmick as he hobbles down the ramp and he slowly picks up the mic and says..

"There's too much loving poo poo on me I can't breathe."

"I'm gonna to rip the head off."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

Okay but that is a good name.

Hear me out. It could be shortened: "Ham Wyatt"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

the audacity of putting Machine Gun Karl Anderson, a man who was once good enough to go at it with Tanahashi, with someone who has possibly the stupidest loving punch spot in wrestling, is ghastly and the sooner the Elite are turbofucked by all the other faces in AEW the better, as it will mean seeing less of Luke "Gangly" Gallows

Remember, Gallows and Anderson were originally supposed to in The Inner Circle, instead of PnP. They'd be faces now, contenders for the tag team titles

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MJeff posted:

Or maybe just doing a thing with Martha to honor Owen.

That would really piss off the Vincels

Especially if he gets put in the video game and gets an action figure out of it

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 1, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pylons posted:

I've seen some speculation that his wife is due around that time.

Give me a skit where his wife goes into labor and it's up to the Dark Order to get him to the hospital on time!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hmm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder what their contract statuses are. Kofi seems like a lifer but i wonder about E.

2024 apparently. Or anytime really, with Nick Khan.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TAZ

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1421733292265689093?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

rotinaj posted:

If jericho does do a proper top rope diving/jumping move, what’s it gonna be? Diving headbutt? Moonsault? Leg drop, and explode his pelvis? I’m betting frog splash in an Eddie tribute, but maybe just a Snuka splash?

Might try a hurricanrana into a pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Storyline-wise I hope the 4th labor of Jericho is Jericho has to beat Sammy Guevara (although I don't know how you sell the idea that they'd keep it competitive).

MJF somehow finagles a title shot for Sammy if he wins?