Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

yea ok posted:

he doubts himself, gets picked back up, gains confidence, wins the title

I don’t see him doubting himself. That part of his arc is done.

He either goads Kenny into a match or forces the issue through some kind of challenger match or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

MRT brought up Tyler Black. That was a multi-year title hunt that was left too late and it was only a couple of months between Final Battle and 8th anniversary. It did irreparable damage to Tyler's reign as champion. I hope I'm wrong but the crowd is never going to be hotter than this.

The crowd gets hotter every week.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The long term story is Kenny and Ibushi kissing on live tv, these are just chapters along the way.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pylons posted:

Hangman's whole issue has been with the Bucks from the start. He needs to beat them (or at the very least, Matt Jackson) first, and that's what they hinted at by having him pin him in the 10-man.

I am extremely here for a Matt v Hangman / Nick v Hangman pair of matches.

Until you said it I didn’t know I wanted it but now I want nothing more.

In fact, Hangman should run through the entire elite one by one, starting with Nakazawa.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

a certain scoopster has been suggesting something SiNiStEr happened

“I think for the foreseeable future you’ve seen the last of me in AEW. The door was kept open for a possible return one day. They spoke very highly of my work ethic and my work. I know I have a really good relationship with Tony Khan. He’s an amazing human. He’s an amazing person to work for. I am still able to work for New Japan Pro Wrestling and I’m still able to work for the United Wrestling Network. I’m still able to do my indie dates.”

Sounds awful.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Limelight feels like the biggest miss since Ben Carter but whatever. Guy is just dripping charisma. He can go to MLW, do NJPW dates, and keep working on his craft.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Limelight doesn't really feel like a miss. He's young and won't be looking to stay in MLW forever and he's talented enough that getting reps in on Dark is going to do less for him than him having a feature role in a smaller pond. There's nothing stopping him hooking back up with AEW in a few years time

Eh, I mean as much as a miss as any male wrestler can be for this company. They don’t actually need any male wrestlers, their roster rules already. But from an enjoyment factor I liked watching his matches more than just about anyone else who got some time and moved on.

Like you say though I don’t think it’s a big deal. He can go somewhere else and get more reps and AEW will still be here.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kvantum posted:

And his leadup to it he calls the Beyblade. This kid is a spectacular nerd. Wrestling is going to be so friggin' insane in ten years or so.

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1422264004328652800

When this kid gets some real strength and can do that move more confidently it’s going to be nuts.

As it is, already a fan.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The duke lacrosse line was hosed.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eat My Fuc posted:

My storm the capitol post was a spoiler 😓

Reading your post every week when the thread goes up always makes me laugh.

Much more than listening to Caster rap through this feud with Julia and the blonde guys.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

I feel like "Julia is okay with it" might be a stretch because unless she's literally coming up with those jokes herself she has to either accept it or risk being viewed as a killjoy/gimmick killer by the acclaimed. Kind of a lose lose for her.

That's just my opinion.

When I make rape jokes at work nobody gets mad at me to my face and many of my male coworkers think they’re hilarious. I’m pretty confident that everyone is okay with my jokes.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

Yes absolutely thirding this. Rape is bad to joke about and there's no way anyone here would be okay with it if it happened on the other brand.

Pretty sure the people here who are ok with it would be ok with it on either brand.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Since people brought it up earlier, I'm curious, were people this angry at Sammy when he said he wanted to rape Sasha on a podcast? That comment wasn't even in kayfabe like Caster's rap or an attempt at a joke, right? He just straight up said he wanted to rape her?

Not that one should be forgiven because it's less worse than the other but it's interesting how much more ire Max attracts every time.

People were mad at Sammy yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

bloodysabbath do you really want to go down this path with your history

Of course that post comes from someone with that rap sheet.