Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mary had a little clam posted:

So, extending the benefit of the doubt, what next for Hangman???

i honestly have no idea. based on what Kenny stipulated while accepting the 5v5, he can't challenge Kenny for the world title anymore, it seems pretty cut and dry and I'm not sure how they book around it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
maybe Hangman goes back to being unranked and has to win back to #1 contender?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i used to have Ol' 55 in my regular playlist and had to yank it

it was the absolute perfect pick for that montage but that song ruins me now

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
After sitting with the 5v5 ending for awhile I realized i'm kayfabe-sad/mad, but trust AEW to bring an awesome story out of this, it's not completely surprising that Hangman has another trial or setback with this loss, and maybe even another after. Like I said before, I think Kenny's reign is going to go on a while yet, unless they make a hard pivot to set up Kenny / Hangman again for All Out, but tonight would have been the time to do that

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Yeah. I’m pretty sure it was mean to be an inverted version of Joey Jordisons’ mask seeing as he died yesterday

wait what?! gently caress! how did i not even hear that?!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Kota was about to job to the pen

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Zwarte Jericho

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
why not throw him at Miro? haven't they even wrestled before?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CopywrightMMXI posted:

When it came down to 3-1 I figured the Elite was winning, but I really hoped that Hangman would have eliminated Kenny before the Bucks took him out.

how to have Kenny beaten was the big problem with setting up that 5v5 in the first place, he's the pro wrestling god who hasn't been beaten, he can't really go down even in a multi man event until you pop that bubble

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i thought PnP looked great in that match until they had to rush the finish, i think they even debuted 2 new team attacks

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pamela Springstein posted:

I hope the muscle Britt is bringing in is Jordynne Grace

we've got Jordynne Grace at home! *cut to Dani Jordyn*

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

She just reupped with Impact, not that that excludes her from appearing. Of people who are already available/associated with AEW, KiLynn King could work as Britt’s burly protector. I don’t know that there’s anyone from the recent WWE that make immediate sense in that context, but comedy option Iiconics out there with Rebel would probably too good and undermine Britt’s whole deal.

I'd love a heel kilynn as Britt's heavy! they just announced a little trios thing with swole and red Velvet but they can back burner that for awhile

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i can't wait for Hangman to kick Kenny right in the dick

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside! posted:

Number can’t possibly go down because deathmatches are objectively the best kind of matches.

*calls it a deathmatch*
*lives anyway*

:smug:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/870339437920411688/codykick.mp4

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight posted:

[AEW] EVP

[AEW] Coach

[AEW] Tony

maybe Skee-a-vone can fill in if BBT is busy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

somewhere Taz just took a knee and gasped, reaching for his cell phone

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Christian AF

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

KungFu Grip posted:

some one should turn the video of Malaki Black booting Cody in the face to the Eric Andre Be Right Back pause frame

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/870496219133255690/codyboot.mp4

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think it's possible for crowd reaction/chemistry to be further along in the story than the booking, and that can create disappointment if there are still some setbacks planned before the firework factory, but i'm okay with them wanting to pay Adam back for screwing the Bucks first; it was a thread that has been dangling since it happened, and it's like, fine if they just finish the build for the next PPV or what have you, but they're probably going to have to show/tell less before they're really ready to pull the trigger at this point, because again, the crowds are screaming hot for it, since the first time Kenny/Hangman squared off in the ring it has been white hot. it's probably easy for the energy to outpace your storytelling when people have been pent up for over a year because of the pandemic, that's an x-factor

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Orange Cassidy..... I think he's ready for a singles match title shot

edit: it's probably gonna be Christian tho

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
JB had his shot, if we're looking at rankings/build possibilities, it's gotta be Christian or OC, and you could argue OC already had his shot too sooooooo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tao of lmao posted:

"trombones have no place in wrestling" - a grumpy man who hates his employer

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

The easiest way to divert Hangman is to run Hangman vs Matt Jackson at All Out. There's no way fans would cool on him if he finally put that piece of poo poo in his place

dang, that's a good idea, i'd love to see that match

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sega 32X posted:

Hangman is cool and all but I want to just state that I desperately want a Bryan Danielson vs John Silver feud more than almost anything in prograps

Thank you all

it was so good to have Meatman back

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
christ someone open some windows and air this thread out, it's getting suffocating in here

*goes to window, there's a SICKOS guy watching and saying "yes yes!!!!"*

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1421190437801496583

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
CM PUNK to debut at CUM PARK

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Crapple! posted:

Just to reiterate, WWE doesn't consider AEW competition and they are extremely not gotten to

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1421323155055030275

please let it be really funny

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
WWE calling advertisers is the most bitch made thing i've ever seen lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1421513550892343296

AEW should just stay touring and never go back to FL like the Battlestar Galactica

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

Tired: Bray should join the Dark Order

Wired:

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1421534612732403714

This would actually rule.

on BTE they can have him tease spooky stuff that turns out completely mundane

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Windham Lawrence Rotunda the sleazy southern businessman who gets brought in by Matt Hardy to help manage the HFO as it increases in size, but starts to exert more and more control until he is cutting members, citing budget concerns. This could lead to a feud with Matt Hardy over control of the HFO, where Matt turns face when he for the first time shows genuine concern for his underlings who are now being unceremoniously discarded.

He can just be Big Daddy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jordan7hm posted:

Limelight feels like the biggest miss since Ben Carter but whatever. Guy is just dripping charisma. He can go to MLW, do NJPW dates, and keep working on his craft.

i feel like he must have been right at the chopping line when they were figuring out everything as touring got put back together and maybe he wanted just a bit too much or AEW wasn't offering enough for him to tag along, it sounds like they'll work together again some day :shrug:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Dangly won me over, he's so fun

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if we really are entering into a lil wrestling renaissance, i expect the indie guys to be the largest benefactors, proportionally speaking, with millions tuning in to wrestling on TV again, you have tons more people in cities wanting to get out to shows, and a lot of them are pretty family friendly these days, so it's gonna be a good, fun night out

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i wanna sit inside a beat up lovely Pontiac firebird with Doc and roll a joint while credence plays on the radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
doc trying to tell a road story and he's laughing so hard he's spilling ditch weed all over hisself