Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They should have went with RC cars like the Rugby 7s games. And just dumped the pitched out somewhat close to the mound every time.

only if they implement a rule such that, if the robot cart does not successfully dump the new pitcher off of the cart, the cart must go back to the bullpen and the current pitcher must pitch for at least another at-bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Cracking up that there's a Korean player named Hoo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
nice dinger

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That is enough for me on that base.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This game has been good.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

this is a nail biter

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

:australia: first Olympic medal in basketball (edit: mens)

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 7, 2021

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
not so fast…

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
huge congrats to japan

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Great win for Japan, what a time to win your first gold.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i wonder if japan will end up being the defending gold medalists for a really long time, like the u.s. in rugby union

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
why were there so few teams competing? i wanted to see cuba own people like in my childhood

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bump_fn posted:

why were there so few teams competing? i wanted to see cuba own people like in my childhood

Most of the world recognises baseball for the snoozefest that it is

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I'm just happy that Eddy Alvarez got a summer medal to go with his winter medal :unsmith:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Cracking up that there's a Korean player named Hoo

did he hit any singles :v:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rarity posted:

Most of the world recognises baseball for the snoozefest that it is

Counterpoint, the rest of the world plays Cricket instead, which is even worse.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

did he hit any singles :v:

Who?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

bump_fn posted:

It’s hard to get teams to let their guys free in places that have robust leagues.

You could make a solid argument that the MLB could maybe use dream teams (I say teams because there would be some wicked teams from other countries) or something to get more young fans involved around the world but good luck with convincing them of that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
edit: wrong thread

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 8, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

It’s hard to get teams to let their guys free in places that have robust leagues.

You could make a solid argument that the MLB could maybe use dream teams (I say teams because there would be some wicked teams from other countries) or something to get more young fans involved around the world but good luck with convincing them of that.

The MLB makes money from the WBC so it's all in on that as the dream teams (the Dominican team is always insane on paper). The WBC rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Teeth posted:

i wonder if japan will end up being the defending gold medalists for a really long time, like the u.s. in rugby union

Dude! I like this challenge.