Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

bag em and tag em posted:

For the last time it is for the safety of our ice golems and winterborn sprites that we cannot employ fireball based traps, rumors of a treaty are patently false.

Please be respectful of our fellow monsters with fire vulnerability. There are plenty of other gruesome traps to choose from.

Those other traps are just as harmful, just not as loud. Curses, poison and skeleton ambushes kill and maim denizens all the time. Our Overlord was pressured into signing the treaty by a bunch of do-gooders who hate our mighty fireballs. That's what you get when you put lawful evil people in charge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Klyith posted:

*wobbles around like a giant jello cube, demonstrating the lack of arms that could open the fridge door*

Gelatinous Cubes are able to extend a pseudopod, as needed.

Without going into a lot of detail, I can tell you that they're pretty handy with those pseudopods.

Tender, even.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I've heard rumours the necromancy wants to leave this dungeon and take all of his undead with him.

I'm already pulling double shifts!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Baxter posted:

Gelatinous Cubes are able to extend a pseudopod, as needed.

Without going into a lot of detail, I can tell you that they're pretty handy with those pseudopods.

Tender, even.

I'm just going to say it: They may be handy but they give a lousy prostate massage.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I'm starting to understand the large number of sexual harassment complaints sent to HR by the gelatinous cube

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

we were excavating new tunnels to fill with swinging pendulum blades and broke into an ancient cultist ruin. score!

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Has anyone seen my pet flumpf?!

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Someone left the alternating fireballs hazard on level 8 running. Again. Guys, there haven't been any adventurers down that path for at least a week. Do you know how much propane that thing is burning every second? I would like to remind you that our end-of-year bonus is 40% pegged to our sustainability KPI and we're committed to being a carbon-neutral dungeon by 2030.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ohnobugs posted:

I'm starting to understand the large number of sexual harassment complaints sent to HR by the gelatinous cube

sometimes it feels like no matter how hard you work or how much you achieve, some monsters are only seeing your transparent, gelatinously cubic body. and it's the same excuse every time -- when you catch someone looking they always say they just want to see if I have any good helmets or wands inside me.

especially the beholders. did you know some of them were running a private facebook group called "all eyes on hot slimes"?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Slayerjerman posted:

Can I get a dungeon manager down here on southwest corner of the Depths of the Damned, pronto? We've got an adventurer threatening to sue from yet another bone related injury.

Atleast it's not like that drunk bard from last week that refused to leave while singing drunken ballads for hours before security was able to reap his soul.

That bard was performing at my wedding to the unchanging one! You nimbys nearly spoiled everything, although luckily the ceremony was completed before those goons from security showed up and the soul reaping was a lovely way to finish the occasion.

Lucky Guy posted:

Has anyone seen my pet flumpf?!

Surely you mean captive? Unless, wait, I see it now, "Lucky Guy", Lawful Good, just like that flumpf I ate, looks like we've got an adventurer in disguise here!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Weka posted:

That bard was performing at my wedding to the unchanging one! You nimbys nearly spoiled everything, although luckily the ceremony was completed before those goons from security showed up and the soul reaping was a lovely way to finish the occasion.

Surely you mean captive? Unless, wait, I see it now, "Lucky Guy", Lawful Good, just like that flumpf I ate, looks like we've got an adventurer in disguise here!

Ugh. Let me rally the other scrunts. Think I can manage to wrangle a bugbear into helping? You can throw me, if you want, idk why no one ever expects it.

Fire is out, is lightning verboten,as well?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
*extends tubes toward you*

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

i painted a fake tunnel on a dungeon wall to see if any adventurers run into it

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
There's too many flavors of slime these days. Acid Slime, Fire Slime, Ice Slime, even Thunder Slime.
Slime with little bones in it,
Cube Slimes,
Pink! Slimes,
King Slimes,
Slimes with funny hats sometimes.

Can never decide which one to order.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

slime without the little bones in it isn't even worth it imo

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
It’s me the tug monster look out hero’s or don’t probably a better time for you if you don’t

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So I hit him for 10hp, and then get this: I hit him for 20hp! Can I get a hell yeah?! Someone high eight this paw!!!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ohnobugs posted:

Modrons knew

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Those adventurers just now kept trying to use fire based attacks on the frost golem, not knowing I put a Rune of Inverted Affinity in the chamber. Frosty's never been more thoroughly healed!

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
lol I just saw a goon adventurer call another adventurer dumb

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Chapter 4:

The party stood in the center of a large room that was obviously a hub of the dungeon. Numerous exits -- dozens of them -- all lead to either stairs up or further down. Above each exit, cryptic symbols were carved into the rock walls.

"What do you suppose the symbols mean?" Carly the Centaur asked as she stared, puzzled, at one of the exits. Above it were three letters: QCS

Hannah the Harpy, the party's wizard and resident thinker, replied, "With the number and variety of denizens in this dungeon it's reasonable that they section themselves off into sub-groups of some kind." She too was puzzling over an exit, this one labeled YOSPOS. "But I can't see any hints of what system they're using."

"Which way should we go?" asked Arachne. She was turning in slow circles in the center of the room, her bootless spider-legs making a sharp click each time she put one down.

"One's as good as another right?" asked Gillian the Goblin.

"Not this one," said Oriah the Oni said nervously. The others turned to look at the exit she stood before. A long moment passed, and a chill ran down the spine of each of them. Above the door was written: FYAD

"Yeah," Lara the Lamia said. "Yeah I agree, we should stay out of there." She couldn't explain why. She just knew.

"Oooo!" Arachne said, "Let's take this one!" She'd finally stopped turning circles in the center of the room, click-click-clicking her way over to an exit labeled ADTRW. "It just feels right for some reason, doesn't it?"

The others murmured agreement. Again, they didn't quite know WHY it was the right choice. They just knew it was. The decision made, they began to file through the exit into ADTRW, whatever that was.

Lara the Lamia turned and gazed longingly at the exit labelled GBS for a moment, then turned to join her companions.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

a dmc delorean posted:

lol I just saw a goon adventurer call another adventurer dumb

I just saw two goon adventurers spend three hours arguing in QCS about which one of them needs to be banned while a manticore ate the rest of their party.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

it's time to excavate the collapsed HELLDUMP tunnels, who's in?

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

Meme Poker Party posted:

4 strength 4 stam leather belt.

You're thinking of the 50 Shades kind of dungeon, this isn't that. Is it?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

GuestBob posted:

You're thinking of the 50 Shades kind of dungeon, this isn't that. Is it?

50 Shades of Goon

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Met with management about the bone issue, they said they would take the feedback into consideration... but they said moving any bones without approval from the Monsters Union, local 666 would be a violation of the long-term contract in place.

Yeah, I totally moved a pile of bones and made a little unofficial boner golem using a huge bone from a troll for his boner and placed it just to the left of the hidden spike pit.

Now my adventurer kill ratio numbers are off the charts and mgmt is none the wiser.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You are not allowed to call it a boner golem if it's not made out of boners, gosh. Have you got no respect for our rules and regulations?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Guys, stop putting the slimes in Jell-O molds. Adventurers aren't being fooled by all the "fruit salads" and "parfaits" sitting on decrepit tables in our lairs.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm not sure if I'd be a vampire, nosferatu, lich, or mindflayer. I'm not super beefy and kinda weak in the tentacle department so I'm probably nosferatu or lich.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm not sure if I'd be a vampire, nosferatu, lich, or mindflayer. I'm not super beefy and kinda weak in the tentacle department so I'm probably nosferatu or lich.

You apply for the position and then get the tentacles. We're not some fly-by-night two bit operation that expects our employees to shoulder the cost of vital equipment.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

You apply for the position and then get the tentacles. We're not some fly-by-night two bit operation that expects our employees to shoulder the cost of vital equipment.

I'm probably a mid-manager nosferatu. Like sit at my desk most of the day pretending to look busy, rubber stamp a few new traps or curse a couple items, then clock out and watch TV.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
If the Midnight King of the Fey Court offers you any glazed donuts DO NOT ACCEPT. Report the offer to your level supervisor immediately.

In the event you do accept, this violates the "alternate bargain with secondary entities" clause in your contract and you will be terminated immediately.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

buddy i got adventurers up my rear end trying to terminate me every day, you're goddamn right i'm gonna take some donuts. i always share them with the slimes

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Kudos to whoever put a bait-barrel near the entrance to floor 3 with several gold pieces in it, then a few explosion barrels nearby.

I just saw an adventurer with long, wavy blonde hair and a chiselled chin smash open the barrel of gold with a super dumb smirk, then run over to the others whacking them with his sword only to be immediately melted by the hodge podge cocktail of explosives within. YEEEAH! Take that, greedy once-good-looking adventurer!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I was assigned to go do some minor necromancing in the east cave by the waterfall, but I spent way too long arranging my half melted candles instead of conjuring skeleton guards and now it's been occupied by bandits. I mean they deter adventurers all the same but it's not going to look good on my review

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I'm 6-10 human bandits with bows and shortswords, plus one boss bandit with two swords.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You're on thin ice here, bandits. Better die quick and come back as a skeleton or a zombie if you want to stay in this dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Still rattling my bones!

*rattle*
*rattle*
*rattle*
*rattle*

Maybe I should learn to juggle my skull, distract adventurers.