Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Well. I can’t not apply to a game based on My Own Original Setting Do Not Steal…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

(image found here)

(image found here)

Verilasa “Veri” Qvalitris
(Summoner/Controller)

“So, you wanna know more about me, huh? Didn’t get enough from that creepy background check? Was my official super fancy Vular Citizen Score not high enough to let in without a screening? Or did you just wanna see my pretty face?

“I bet it’s the last one, huh? Anyway, I’m sure you got in your records that I was born on the homeworld. Didn’t stay there too long though… we ended up moving to Everia, you know, one of the later colonies not long after... Mom and dad were part of the second wave, while things were still setting up… I was still in middle school then, still pretty young, you know? Had an older brother too, Nelvis, by one year.

“Anyway, so… mom is a security administrator… she got assigned to Everia after the local plant life--you know, the stuff Everia’s famous for now--ate the guy who was in charge of security before while he was out doing an inspection on the edge of the colony. Mom was… real hard on us. Never let us relax, Bs in class just weren’t good enough, gotta do this club and that activity and learn this thing after school… never a break… you know, the sorta thing that a mid level administrator in the Imperium does to--for their children to keep the family trajectory going upwards. Lots of yelling, lots of shame, to say the least.

“Dad… dad was dad. Worked as an engineer. Quiet, calm, collected. Tried to balance mom out. Didn’t usually work, but… he tried at least, and that’s what matters, right? Taught me more fun stuff like tinkering with robots and how to shoot in case anything came after the colony… you know, when he could pry us away from under mom’s eye watching us do schoolwork or extracurriculars. I’ve gotta say, I took to tinkering than the symphonies and stuff mom made me join.

“Nelvis enlisted in the marines instead of going to university, something mom hated. She was always afraid of how it’d look on the family having an enlisted kid. I was more worried about his safety. Turns out I had reason to… since he… he died in service. Somehow. The military still won’t tell us how or where. Never even got to see his body… we were devastated.

“Okay, well... enough about Nelvis, I can’t talk about him too much without crying. Anyway… after I finished high school, I went to Detherin University on the homeworld to follow in dad’s footsteps as an engineer. Learned a bunch about electricity and computers and robots and stuff. After I finished my undergrad and a masters, I took my test to become a licenced engineer… passed it the first try too! Ended up working for the state robotics industry. I was hoping to work on fun stuff that would help people out, but… they put me in the military subdivision instead, Making combat drones and stuff like that... Not quite what I was hoping for out of school. And honestly? Don’t tell anyone I told you this, but… I’m not too keen on senseless killing. I lost my brother to the military, I don’t want anyone else to have to lose anyone like that. I mean, if my stuff can save lives on colonies, that’s great. And… I guess maybe if we carry a big enough stick those assholes on the other end of the galaxy won’t try to gently caress with us anymore, you know? Like, maybe if we look strong enough, they’ll back off a bit instead of trying to fight us, right? At least, that’s what I’m telling myself. I don’t wanna be responsible for senseless death. I don’t want anyone else to lose their brothers, or kids...

“Anyway, after a year or so there building things to take lives… I heard about this colonization effort. Figured I’d be able to sign on and out as a mechanic here, you know, build and maintain helpful robots around the colony… and I guess defense systems and stuff too. Sounds real fun and seems a lot better than building WarBot6000 or whatever and making more people lose family, right? Plus, honestly... it was cool being part of a newer colony, and being on a brand new one seems even better!

“So yeah, anyway! That’s how I ended up here. I hope you’ll have me on board, I’d love to help everyone here stay safe and make a prosperous colony to make the Imperium proud I guess!

“Oh, I guess you wanted to know a list of contacts too, huh? Illiris Dravin, my old classmate going back to middle school is my best friend... and well… don’t tell anyone but I maaaay have had… or have... a bit of a crush on her…

“My relationship with my parents I’d say is pretty neutral. I mean, mom sucked growing up but she’s mellowed out with age… and my success I guess. Dad’s great, he’s always been there but he’s so quiet that sometimes he just may as well not be there!

“As far as someone I despise? I’d say that my chief rival going through school was Ovtavis Relisan; she was in the military officer’s corps in university. Made a huge deal about it too. Just rubbed me the wrong way, you know? And it felt like a waste of an education to me too, I guess. Like… if you wanna fly some dumb fighter, why are you studying robotics in the most prestigious university for it in the Imperium?

“Oh, and you wanted to know my motiviations? I want to help people primarily… I’d like to prevent needless death and keep the colony sustainable, hopefully by avoiding needless and wasteful overexploitation of resources!. We’ve got to be smart about how we colonize here so we don’t just burn ourselves out of existence!

“Well, that really should conclude the interview, I hope..? I hope to hear back from you with a start date so we can get this colony going! Glory to the Imperium and the House (...I guess…)!

pre:
Background: Master Engineer
Origin: Colonizer
Level 1 Robotics Engineer [Summoner/Controller]
HP: 10/10, Speed 6

At-Will(Attack): Punisher Drone, Trooper Drone
Role(At-Will):  Sap Strength
Role (Encounter, Trigger): Freeze!
Encounter(Attack): Summon Feegles, Summon Nymph
Passive: Control Boost, Summoning, Reliable Summoner

Kit: Tinker
Advances: Portable Workshop, Reverse Engineer

Skills:
Math
Electronics
Robotics
Computers
Culture
Mechanics

Wealth [2]

Tricks:
Can quickly create and repair machinery, especially small robots.
Can modify and hack software, especially with robots.

Gear[:/b]
Robotics kit
Dad’s Rifle

[b]Complications:
War-weary
Overly bookish

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 6, 2021