Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ended up playing a 113-move game of chess against their easiest AI
im pretty sure at least 50 of those moves were me just chasing its king around the loving board after i managed to get rid of literally every other piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

call me deep blue because im rather slow by modern standards and that's a checkmate

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

My Christmas playlist got seriously hosed when using some 3rd party tool to extract and import all my playlists from Spotify to Apple Music. It’s got “Oi to the World” by No Doubt on there, the gently caress would I want that for

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

graph posted:

was this televised or broadcast on the internet, i meant to catch it

i watched the official chess.com live youtube stream. theres probably more of them online. i like the commentators they have on there

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

in the yurt adventure next week it’s my wife and our friends, a lesbian couple and 2 ladies coming solo

all rugby players hah

c Friday s: watching the new bond. intro was cool! let’s see how the rest goes

wife working late and she doesn’t like these movies so a good chance to catch up on stuff I missed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fart simpson posted:

i watched the official chess.com live youtube stream. theres probably more of them online. i like the commentators they have on there

cool ty looks like its free too

https://www.chess.com/news/view/fide-world-chess-championship-2021-game-7

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fortaleza posted:

My Christmas playlist got seriously hosed when using some 3rd party tool to extract and import all my playlists from Spotify to Apple Music. It’s got “Oi to the World” by No Doubt on there, the gently caress would I want that for

Just put all I want for christmas is you on repeat like the rest of us.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i kinda want some ambient light thingies to put behind my television set

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wait people actually have christmas playlists?
i just thought that was some weird advertising thing made up by spotify that nobody actually does

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

i dont

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

President Beep posted:

my tv is built "good" so the screen's backlight just does this anyway

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

good more for me then!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hbag posted:

my tv is built "good" so the screen's backlight just does this anyway

*well

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

:thejoke:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

President Beep posted:

luminoodle on Amazon - just the white - the color stuff is dumb IMO

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just put all I want for christmas is you on repeat like the rest of us.

Oh you better believe that’s towards the top. That and the Boston Pops version of Sleigh Ride and Feliz Navidad by José Feliciano

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

don’t you speak to me like that

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

President Beep posted:

don’t you speak to me like that

or what youll ground me
i dont go outside anyway

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

But I often just have the Vince Guaraldi trio’s Charlie Brown Christmas album on loop as background music during the day

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hbag posted:

or what youll ground me
i dont go outside anyway

hell ban your ip from the router and cut your mobile line

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I meant he’ll ban your MAC addresses but you get my point

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I meant he’ll ban your MAC addresses but you get my point

MAC addresses can be spoofed iirc

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

hbag posted:

or what youll ground me
i dont go outside anyway

jesus christ will you shut the gently caress up please

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Sniep posted:

jesus christ will you shut the gently caress up please

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

maybe they’ll post more chat logs and graph will start ramping

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
look i tried to help them and then they posted they were trying to get around their parents poo poo

i have ZERO respect for them and when they come in and start talking poo poo to everyone indiscriminately, i lose even more

hbag - go eat poo poo. you're not wanted here, and your posting is loving awful.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Sniep posted:

they were trying to get around their parents poo poo

...what?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i genuinely have no idea what thats referring to

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

hbag posted:

wait people actually have christmas playlists?
i just thought that was some weird advertising thing made up by spotify that nobody actually does

even though I’m a black hearted heathen atheist I like Christmas time. I mostly prefer instrumental music though.

xmas reminds me of my dad, it was his favourite holiday by far. can’t wait to pour an egg nog in his memory on Xmas eve and fire up merry christmas mr bean, the latter being the only good tv thing your country has ever done for me

actually I really like adam Curtis docs and midsomer murders in a half ironic half serious way

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

even though I’m a black hearted heathen atheist I like Christmas time.

big, big same.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

chrimmis

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i cant recall a single time ive tried to "get around [my] parents' poo poo" so maybe there has been a misunderstanding or some poo poo

mystes
May 31, 2006

hbag posted:

i cant recall a single time ive tried to "get around [my] parents' poo poo" so maybe there has been a misunderstanding or some poo poo
There was something about you not knowing the password to the router maybe that's what they're thinking of, or they're thinking of stuff that your college was blocking, I don't know.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

mystes posted:

There was something about you not knowing the password to the router or something maybe that's what they're thinking of.

you mean that time where i said i wasnt going to go into my router and listed "not knowing the password" as one of my reasons (as well as, explicitly, "i dont want to gently caress around with my parents' internet, that would be a lovely thing to do")

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
we just spent $150 at the British store getting imported Xmas treats for ourselves and for a few friends

half of that was on indefensible stuff like christmas puddings but also some shortbread and chocolate

ho ho ho

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't know, that was just the only thing I can recall that vaguely sounded like that.

Cold on a Cob posted:

we just spent $150 at the British store getting imported Xmas treats for ourselves and for a few friends

half of that was on indefensible stuff like christmas puddings but also some shortbread and chocolate

ho ho ho
Members of the jury, the prosecution will lay out the case that the shortbread was also indefensible.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Cold on a Cob posted:

ho ho ho

why would you ever import anything from this shithole of a country other than our mains outlets

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

mystes posted:

I don't know, that was just the only thing I can recall that vaguely sounded like that.

no i know, didnt mean to come across like that, getting tone right over text is weird and difficult

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

hbag posted:

why would you ever import anything from this shithole of a country other than our mains outlets

as a canadian I am obligated by our shared heritage to eat some of your trash food on occasion

stupid constitutional monarchy for jerks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol hbag is def ghost mane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJd3jEoP8yI