Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

quarantinethepast posted:

Or the cs grad student leaves halfway through to join Google

😎
👉👉

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

this is why all computer programmers should be bullied relentlessly

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

computer programmers are bar none the dumbest people on the planet.

there are no exceptions.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Nah

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

programmers are like medical doctors in that they think that because they managed to shove one piece of unusual knowledge into their brain meat they think they that it applies to other pieces of unusual knowledge

both are wrong

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what the gently caress is going on here lmao

i smell a shitload of dunning kruger itt tonight (and it aint me)

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

carry on then posted:

computer programmers are bar none the dumbest people on the planet.

there are no exceptions.

your posting is bad and you should feel bad about yourself

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

yeah but if that grad student teams up with a cs grad student, that's two phds from one project, and the project will turn out better

wait you think that cs phds are good at programming? no no no, that's the one thing that generic computer touchers are good for

smh thinking academic code is good

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

smh thinking academic code is good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

first of all, no code is good

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
no no you gotta literally avoid the concept of nocode, too, which is somehow ever shittier than normal code

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i never said academic code was good, we're generating dissertations here not actually engineering systems

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I said something about this earlier

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

no no you gotta literally avoid the concept of nocode, too, which is somehow ever shittier than normal code

this is fine

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool posted:

the only good software is software written by a person to solve a problem that person has and is never shared with anyone else

the moment you try to solve more than one problem at a time, or share it with other people, it becomes bad

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

you're literally describing academic code there tho. written by a person (grad student) to solve a problem (need to publish paper) and never shared with anyone else (because who the gently caress would want it)

so we must admit that even the software you claim is good... is in fact bad

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
all of you, go to loving bed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
read a book, watch a loving movie, anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

https://youtu.be/m8_GNi6OTZY?t=19

Someone else make a fresh cjs thread tomorrow, I'm tired of having my name on this one.