Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
im thinkin about makin some chili

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

im thinkin about makin some chili

share the recipe

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The Fool posted:

I bought a rice cooker

you've ascended. welcome!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

share the recipe

just normal chili stuff except mostly i make it with ground pork instead of beef. If i have a beer i'll put in some beer.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

jonny im not sure if you noticed but the entire kpop idol thing tends to be pretty abusive behind the scenes

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Trying to find something to watch and it is just very sucky. There is nothing good.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

maybe ill put tng on and make it a decade of me watching tng on repeat because other shows dont have the comfy warm feeling that the future is going to work out ok

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

rotor posted:

just normal chili stuff except mostly i make it with ground pork instead of beef. If i have a beer i'll put in some beer.

hmmmm i do have some ground pork

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

ive tried lots of different chili recipes over the years and something always seems to be missing

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

ive tried lots of different chili recipes over the years and something always seems to be missing

sometimes i'll put a teaspoon of baking chocolate in there, seems to zing it up a bit

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my chili is just kinda meh, i'm just makin it because if i dont the ground pork gonna go bad

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

post hole digger posted:

ya :rip: lol. have to deal with this yourself in the past?

yup we got almost all the way through a poc and then I discovered the linux client just doesn’t do SAML. at all. welp that’s two weeks lost

on the bright side we only lost two weeks, which is a lot less than we’d have lost as customers

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

cjs: today we discovered that someone not on our team was able to make a new repo in our project, commit directly to master, and deploy without the release pipeline

I did not enjoy tracking down the collection of permissions errors that allowed that to happen

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
think i'm gonna get a pizza delivered for dinner tonight. peperoni and chease. and black olives, and red onions, and mushrooms. and genoa salami. and crumbled italian sauge.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The Fool posted:

cjs: today we discovered that someone not on our team was able to make a new repo in our project, commit directly to master, and deploy without the release pipeline

I did not enjoy tracking down the collection of permissions errors that allowed that to happen

that reminds me of the time back at the school district when "find out why people can print to this printer when they shouldn't be able to" led to finding out that literally everyone had domain admin lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

share the recipe

recipe? for chili?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lil bit of this, lil bit of that

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

think i'm gonna get a pizza delivered for dinner tonight. peperoni and chease. and black olives, and red onions, and mushrooms. and genoa salami. and crumbled italian sauge.

that’s too many toppings

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

post hole digger posted:

recipe? for chili?

yes don't gently caress with me

there are real chili recipes out there

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I made crock-pot chili earlier in the week and the leftovers are going on macaroni noodles tonight.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

lament.cfg posted:

that’s too many toppings

incorrect

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Making chili is a good idea. I need to dial in this recipe some more:

1 cup celery, chopped
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 lb. tomatoes, quartered
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. cumin
dash to 1 tsp. cayenne
3 cans (16 oz. each) of various beans, drained

Sweat the celery and onions in some oil, maybe toss some garlic in there too (this is the dialing in I need to do), add everything else, cover and simmer until the tomatoes break down, about half an hour or so.

Leave the Worcestershire sauce out and it's vegan, I think. Cut up some bacon and fry that up as the first step and get more savory flavor in there.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I’ve made the LBJ family recipe before and it was a big hit http://thebordercook.com/president-johnsons-family-chili-recipe/

Used cubed beef instead of ground and topped with sour cream

Used beef lard when browning the meat & onions & garlic as well. It was an incredibly beefy chili

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Fortaleza posted:

incredibly beefy chili

you should make this your username

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's called tallow op

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Right, derp. Got lard on the brain because I rendered some recently

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

CPColin posted:

1 cup celery, chopped

what da gently caress

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

I’ve made the LBJ family recipe before and it was a big hit http://thebordercook.com/president-johnsons-family-chili-recipe/

Used cubed beef instead of ground and topped with sour cream

Used beef lard when browning the meat & onions & garlic as well. It was an incredibly beefy chili

where are the beans

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my chili turned out like

1.5lbs ground pork
2 big ol yella onions
1 bulb garlic
3 cans diced tomaters
1 can kidney beans
some tomato paste
1/4 cup fresh parsley
some celery leaves
chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano
teaspoon of baking chocolate
lil pinch of sugar
dash o balsamic vinegar

came out ok

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

prefect posted:

orthodox jews or greek orthodoxes?
Rosh Hashanah's not until September!

Cat Face Joe posted:

no chili is complete until you beat off into it

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

no chili is complete until you beat off into it

Chili cum carne

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

in the short time between wfh 1 and wfh 2 me and a coworker orginized a taco bar with meats from one of the local taquieras. we had a bunch of meat left over so my cowoker tossed it all in a chili the next day

was good as hell

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

c friday status: no work on Monday I’m having a good time just remembering that every five minutes

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Nomnom Cookie posted:

c friday status: no work on Monday I’m having a good time just remembering that every five minutes

same 😌

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Armitag3 posted:

Chili cum carne

real chefs use nature's msg

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Cat Face Joe posted:

what da gently caress

Well if you don't chop it it doesn't fit in the pot

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I like celery but it makes my mouth fuzzy

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

mystes posted:

It's called tallow op

when I was an intern in a factory another intern dropped his first gen iphone in a bucket of beef tallow. it clogged up the microphone and speaker real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: working on a saturday doing some stupid cisco ucs/hyperflex + vmware upgrade. predictably it failed so now in a webex with cisco tac. good thing i'm being paid over time for this!!!