Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

my gf will play music from her random recommended Spotify in the morning sometimes and this was the first song yesterday morning and 6am is way too early for kickstart my heart unless you’ve been up drinking all night and are still up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Today I got to janitor a bunch of 90s-era bespoke powerbuilder nonsense and now am prepared to embrace death.

how did anything made in powerbuilder survive past the mid-2000s let alone 2021???

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

hbag posted:

the word dinner often means lunch here so that was probably why

my grandparents from the middle of nowhere Illinois also called weekend lunch “dinner”, and they weren’t of English descent. they were super white though

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
edit: please shove southern california into the pacific thx in advance

Feisty-Cadaver fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 24, 2021

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
it's raining just a lil bit and i just saw a bald old dude walk by with a bubble wrap envelope on his head for an umbrella and now i have a new old man life goal.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
edit nvm

went to an indonesian place with some indonesian friends and had some dope indonesian food a++ would recommend

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

are you in kum and go land yet or is that too far west

i think you mean ejaculate and evacuate

or jizz and jet

or other names from my friend in IA's town that had a kum and go that i don't remember any more

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
select go_to_bed from life_choices where go_to_bed in ('burp', 'fart', 'piano')

jesus christ.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
cjs: work is deprecating our old Confluence instance and marking it read only (despite it being updated daily by dozens of people), where page loads are a very mildly annoying 2-3 seconds, to a new Confluence instance where page loads are, being extremely generous, about 8-10 seconds. The landing page for my org, which is maybe a couple hundred words of text and 8 pngs, is around 20 seconds.

good jorb guys

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Hiram Grewgious posted:

that's good poo poo

as far as liquid cheese products go, the ghost pepper cheese is great too. it absolutely destroys my insides so i only eat a jar or two a year, but it's always a special time when i go for it

i went to the expensive grocery store today and saw that for the first time and was really confused cuz it seems like the market for "cheeze whiz with ghost peppers" would not be particularly huge in asia.

also not a huge fan of renfro's salsa; the flavor is good, but whatever they use for an emulsifier/stabilizer gives it a weird goopy texture that is not for me.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
cjs: took the day off yesterday to go hiking through the mountains, took today off to hike down to the beach to have a beer and some Thai food for lunch.

not working owns.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ive heard that it’s supposed to be good, but i dislike it despite liking either in separation a great deal

coke sells a can of coke + coffee + caramel flavor here that to me is absolutely vile, but my so has one every morning and loves it.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

graph posted:

the white castle near me closed :(

e: how are the frozen ones, how does one prep them

in college my dorm roommate came back and heated a bunch of them up in the microwave

then he fell asleep and they stayed in the microwave all night

don’t do it that way unless you want your room to smell like warmed over death for an entire day

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
cjs: switched teams, so currently waiting on my desktop to delete hundreds of GBs so I can download hundreds of GBs from a different p4 server.

busy day!

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
was he working on a remake of the The Crow?

srs that's awful :/

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Truman Peyote posted:

probably. since we're back to this post anyway, i can report that when homebrew finally finished, i still couldn't use sort

yer path is hosed up

code:
% which sort
/usr/bin/sort

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sagebrush posted:

A large grass fire in the prairies.

often intentionally lit in a controlled burn because that’s what happened in the prairies pre human

if it’s not your state conservation department controlling it you just have a fire though and that’s probably bad

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I saw sooooo many squid game costumes while running errands this afternoon.

and one hermoine or whoever from Harry Potter

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
its 11am and i haven't gone to work yet which means im just not gonna go to work today.

Nov 1 is a, uh, holiday now.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

rotor posted:

my pet peeve is

code:
try {
} catch (Exception ex){ /* this can never happen */ }

there i fixed it

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
turbo pascal ruled in the early 90's but unless you have an extremely specific set of skills and write mac os software pre system-6 maybe it's time to drop fuckin' pascal from the resume.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
we went to a tiny 10-seat thai restaurant for dinner run by an adult son and his elderly mom (who was on wok duty, of course, cuz mom knows best).

in between making dishes the son was watching something at a site called anime-master.com on his ipad which I am not going to link to or browse to on my laptop tyvm.

they are both super friendly and the food is delicious, a+ lazy tuesday night destination.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

♫ ♬I'll just have, wheat thins and beer.
If I get sick the toilet is near.
♪ ♫

in Jerry’s accent

I wish I had some goddamn milk!

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
cjs: asked for and got the month of December off work :toot:

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

bump_fn posted:

hope you got it backdated for the last three days

i already took this whole week off yeah. go back on jan 3rd.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
some dipshit didn't set the parking break on their suv while parked on a very steep street in a very busy area on a fri night and of course it rolled backward crushing two people and injuring others

we were walking by one street down trying to figure out wtf had happened cuz it was only 8:30 and some of the folks being loaded into ambulances had some gnarly injuries.

spoilers for an article that has a video you probably don't want to watch (i didn't)

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/3159284/8-injured-hong-kong-nightlife-district-after-car-careers-pedestrians

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

fart simpson posted:

its not that bad here

i used to go to one of the giant china tech megacorp offices in SZ p often and without fail every bathroom stall would have a no smoking sign on the stall door and cig butts all over the ground despite every floor having multiple outdoor balconies where smoking was allowed.

on the streets or in restaurants it's p ok, yeah.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
i put on pants in my apartment yesterday for the first time in 10 months cuz it was 13/55 degrees and we don't have a heater

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
one of my gym teachers in hs was previously a linebacker for the eagles one of the years they went to the superbowl and it was truly frightening to see a man that big who could move that fast up close

thanks coach sally, you ruled.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
cls: almost lost my gf yesterday https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-and-crime/article/3163530/scuba-diving-boat-bursts-flames-hong-kongs-jin-island

they were just back from their last dive and something exploded while their DM was refilling some tanks

all 15 people on board escaped with minor injuries; the boat was gone in under 10 minutes

she was insanely lucky to have both her phone and her wallet on her, some folks fled half-dressed with no shoes

it's a miracle no one died

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

The_Franz posted:

(one bus got halfway up a hill, lost traction and slid back down sideways),

lol that reminds me of a snowstorm in high school where that morning we were waiting for the bus at the top of our hill, saw the bus come up the hill almost, slide back down, come up the hill, slide back down, etc. until the driver just like... left? I guess. I think we just skipped school that day and went sledding

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
cjs: coworker just had one of my personal fears happen to him: he dropped his phone in the tiny gap between the elevator and the floor.

rip that phone, prolly not gonna survive a 42 story drop.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

OmniCorp posted:

Have you ever visited Pittsburgh? It's not a state bridge and you couldn't afford to live in that part of Wilkinsburg.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fuckin lmfao

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
lovely snipe w/e I got approved for a six month paid sabbatical from work thank loving god

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

since we're on bag chat can someone recommend a good duffel bag? i've been rotating through poo poo quality swag duffel bags up to now and i think i'm ready to just buy one that will last the rest of my life

just go to the army surplus store and get one you don't need a 10k word article about bags to get a bag that will outlive you

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

bump_fn posted:

sounds like someone’s been awake for three days straight in berlin

my gf lived in berlin in her 20's and one of our friends asked her recently "have you done cocaine" and her answer was i don't know, lol

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
cls: today is my 8-year anniversary of not living in the US

always thought it was kinda appropriate i landed on april fools day

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

President Beep posted:

how do i go on sabattical?

have several panic attacks at work and have a boss who actually cares about you

worked for me!

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Video Nasty posted:

Those jalapeño cheetos are legit too good for me to put down

even my cat was insanely into them when I had them in the flat

I would give him a teeny tiny piece because there is no way Cheetos are good for cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
holy gently caress lmao

used to watch that and press your luck when I was home sick from school