Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i was extremely concerned we ventured into poopchat but I’m thrilled to see my cjs was both the longest running cjs + goldmined :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hbag posted:

it seems i struck a nerve
it really was you who got that +b huh

check your channel list and try again

also go to bed

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

its really weird seeing hbag in the goonswarm jabber lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

afaiu vanguard is the best provider innit?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rip Trevor Moore :sigh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cjs: chucking a sickie tomorrow because now my dishwasher died and after nearly four weeks, my aircon is still not working

just had to evac my eldest from her room because it was 87f/31c in her room, with a ceiling fan and tower fan blowing at her bed and the temp sensor above it, five hours after sundown, then sent a strongly worded email + screenshots to the warranty company handling the aircon replacement about how they either need to give me $1150 for four portable aircon units or pay for a hotel + dog boarding + accomodations for my wfh if they cannot get this poo poo sorted by eod Tuesday.

I may be a lizard and enjoy the interior temps, but my kids are not given how sweaty and cross they get.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dioxazine posted:

cjs knocked out a small project in two days when it was estimated to take 4. just going to spend the rest of it outside of meetings saying that i'm still working on it

make sure to save clumps of code for later commits

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

just reinstall Ubuntu at this point hbag

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i dont have a strong opinion on dave chapelle because ive never watched his show or listened to his standup or really cared about him other than occasionally piping up with "I'm rick james, bitch" in the year of our lord 2021 because bringing up long dead and thoroughly beaten memes out of context can be funny

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meal order:

brekkie (lol who the gently caress eats in the morning)
lunch (10a-1p)
dinner (2p-5p)
supper (5-9p)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

cjs: gonna be out a job soon, :rip:

:rip:

luckily everyone is hiring for android developers rn. i just got a linkedin message about a position with somewhere called Noom that's paying 190k for senior remote android devs if that tickles ya fancy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Fool posted:

noom is a fitness/dieting/coaching app

is it one of those fart apps that could shut down tomorrow?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

as long as the check clears and the work is fine, I don't care if it's a fart app. would prefer something more interesting though

i work on a fart app and its extremely nice to not work on something that if u gently caress up will kill someone or not call paramedics in time or something

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rotor posted:

I'm the 1 hr break between lunch and dinner

that's timeframes of what its called when u eat

if u eat at noon, you had lunch. then since u skipped brekkie and are hungry at 4p, you go get dinner. if u had a large lunch and dont eat again until 6 or 7, u eat supper.

its simple

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cls: hvac supplier swore up and down that the replacement part was ready to pick up. get a call at 830 this morning from the hvac installer saying that the part is not actually here and we're getting jerked around

it has now been 34 days since we've had aircon, we've survived days where it was 88f/31c, but to have hope of an end taken from us like that was soul crushing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rotor posted:

did grunge ever come back? someone would tell me if it did, right?

yes it was called numetal

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

skipping 290 posts because i saw a tori post as the last post

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I ordered some cheese from Pinconning Cheese, Michigan's best cheese store. got some good cheese!

im a big fan of their elk and buffalo sticks and di want to say their jalapeno/cheese sticks were really good too

not sure how u feel about limburger but whoever they import their limburger from is also v good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I loving love limburger and that's my next order from them if you're cool with it, soft cheese orders are always antsy.

its real good when we're up in the thumb on holiday, im sure it'd be fine to ship but idk how exactly they do that

have u tried pinconning cheese? the super sharp is extremely weird but v decent

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cls: after 37 days or whatever, we finally have aircon

:toot:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

there was a summer after a secondary school breakup where shesmovedon was the only song in my headphones

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

have you guys seen Thundercat?

his bass skills are very proggy - but his music is more chill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVgbZdMdb0

"He has the lyrics of a 5th grade love letter. Bass skills of a transformer."

this reminds me of Animals as Leaders but gentler

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:geezer:

:rotor:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ok i was looking for the old man emoji for a project and instead posted my post

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Share Bear posted:

i like “post rock” which was like melodic scoring and lyricless, not like textures/loud like shoegaze and not specifically quirky like math rock

stuff like this, i think this is prog rock

https://youtu.be/AbL4XMu4Yv0

te’ fuckin rules

me and my youngest use *shels - Butterflies on Luci’s Way as a lullaby every night and it’s wonderful

https://youtu.be/ww07azmTSLA

that whole record fuckin slaps

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the only thing beep did is help create hbag

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

if you’re starting at 8 why aren’t you only checking emails until 4?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this record slaps

https://music.apple.com/us/album/proekt-1/1560209219

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

we give an hour back to you for lunch so :)

arent u legally allowed a 30min or 1h break for lunch or something

that comes out of your working hours, so if u start at 8 and take a 30min/1h lunch (whatever it is), u are still clocking out at 4p with 8h under ur belt

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

if that's not the case then i have been doing a labour theft for my entire career i guess

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i didnt know ellie trashcakes liked spoons so much

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Well that's just needlessly mean

oh poo poo that wasn’t the intent :ohdear:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I didn’t see the video about teeth or whatever and thought it was a gran that did spoon collecting

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hbag posted:

want to get into ham radio poo poo but im unlicensed, broke, and lazy
blegh

apparently bologna radio is cheaper and easier to get into if you wanted a starting point

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

please tell me you at least sleep until 1400 when you’re up until 0600

that’s what I did when I was your age and it was fine

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Until about two weeks ago I was in a terrible phase of being up until 0430 and up for work at 0800 and while I felt like I got enough sleep when I woke up, now that I’m getting 7h of sleep I can safely say I have no idea what I was doing for most of the day after waking up

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

prefect posted:

cjs: i am bad at java

(i need to write a function that returns something(?) that can be used as the argument to a different function that takes varargs :saddowns:)

private Array<Object> getVarArgs() {
// do ur thing
}

where Object is whatever type you need an array of to feed into your varargs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

basically varargs is something that Sun added and boils down to Object[], or Array<Object>, so either of those should work

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

i just had to force feed poodle jones a bunch of peroxide to make him vomit up one of little jones's socks.

he may never forgive me

better that than being like me and paying a vet five large to fish one out of fat32 barker’s duodenum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

haha ya, peroxide was king around here for a while

he now carries a blanket around like Linus from Charlie Brown so that’s nice at least