Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cls: ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bob dobbs is dead posted:

g2b and if you gently caress w a lisp at least dont gently caress w emacs lisp, the second grodiest lisp in common use. the first bein autocad lisp lol

im extremely not delighted to learn that “autocad lisp” is a legitimate phrase

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

First floor, technically

no, it's 2nd floor here, but if the anglos are so depraved that they call it the 1st floor i might as well call it ground floor and stretch the exclusivity limits of the churners' club

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

windows 10 is one of the best windowses and I will stand by this. 99% of issues people report with it are either not windows 10's fault or are their own dipshittery/belief that OSes should be perfectly tuned for them and them specifically out of the box

not saying this is your case hilbo

also go to bed or at least have a quick nap or something so you can make it to midnight and then do a solid normal 8 hours

yeah, almost everything i get to hear described as "broken windows" does invariably come from "oh yeah i have 1345 BC windows 10 build with 874 registry fixes to de-Microsoft it, from u/KRISPY_KREME_MY_ASS, that i have optimised for gaming performance by removing unnecessary system services and running automatic overclock for cpu, gpu, and ram"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fart simpson posted:

why? is one an unlucky number in latvia?

no, we just call the 1st floor what is termed ground floor in uk, so their 1st floor is our 2nd floor.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

"ground floor" doesn't exist here as a phrase

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fart simpson posted:

didn’t you just use it right now??? i don’t get it

was i speaking in latvian just now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fun fact on variability of european floor numbering: 1st floor in northern germany means 1st floor above the ground, like in uk, but in southern germany it still often means the first actual floor, i.e. what would be ground floor in uk

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tankakern posted:

imagine not using linux as your daily driver

what are you even doing in yospos

enjoy my life, instead of troubleshooting kde

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eschaton posted:

it has been since the 1980s and it’s an awesome open source success story

AutoLISP is David Betz’s XLISP, wired into the AutoCAD engine, and it’s basically responsible for an awful lot of modern engineering because it allowed the creation of higher level abstractions on top of the basic CAD substrate

basically Computer Aided Engineering on steroids, instead of making dimensioned drawings you’re describing structures and the dimensioned drawings pop out the other end

it meant a whole third party ecosystem sprung up around AutoCAD that just leveled both its general-purpose competitors and a large number of special-purpose design systems, because why go with some niche product when AutoCAD can do the same thing

okay that sounds way more sensible than my “old matlab lisp” assumptions

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

holy poo poo djokovic lost

dj dj

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

while random cola flavours pretty much all work for me (excluding lime cola), every non-standard fanta ive tried (excluding lemon fanta) was outright repulsive

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

I used to drink vodka mixed with mountain dew. I was told this is called a “russian blowjob”

if only in kentucky

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

agreed with everyone, big pycharm enjoyer over here

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rotor posted:

windows is fine. My real beef is the thing where I have to pay for it.

they’ve been giving it away for free for at least five years following win10 release, including poo poo like upgrading pirated cd keys into legitimate licences for the sake of pure “500 million devices run windows” wankery. its relatively surprising to hear of someone using a windows pc (which i assume you don’t, to be clear) and having licensing woes these years

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

Ubuntu's the one you use if you just don't give a poo poo. Debian is the one you use if you're a grognard that doesn't like change. Fedora's the one you pair with a neckbeard.

fedora is a legitimate distro choice to make

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the only way i could grow a neckbeard even is to transplant some hair from my rear end

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RokosCockatrice posted:

In a totally polite and ingenuous and way I ask: how many times a year do you upgrade the OS on your fedora machine?

i don’t have a fedora machine

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hbag posted:

whats a good 2:30 AM snack

and before you tell me 15 times yes im going to bed soon

butter-free toast, to avoid waking up your neighbours

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

got my grocery shopping for the week done, bought some new meal prep containers

tonight we cook a huge pile of chicken and rice and some other stuff so i can have lunches without having to Effort

speaking of meal prep containers, was curious what other people use. plastic or glass? single or multiple layer/compartment?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i have some clear glass ones with a microwavable plastic lid that pops up. one compartment but I would be interested in more kawaii ones, perhaps pinku or another girl color.

im considering glass aye. i currently have ikea plastic with compartment inserts and poo poo is stained in weird ways and feels permanently oily to touch despite me basically boiling the pieces out of curiosity if the feeling would come off. the whole long term ownership experience is a bit?? also the multiple compartments' usefulness did wear off rather rapidly

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

President Beep posted:

i just use old vietnam ammo cans

why does your local fake asian food restaurant sell ammo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rotor posted:

i just use old takeout & deli meat containers, op.

:psyduck: why are those not degradable, single use?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

because everybody loving hates the ones that are degradable and single use

im surprised you get a choice at all. for as long back as i remember we’ve primarily had biodegradable ones, with flimsy plastic tray exceptions for stuff like mayo-slathered salads, both deli and takeaway. earlier this year we made disposable plastic poo poo illegal for takeout, so now everything comes in biodegradable - which i do appreciate, to be honest

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xaris posted:

i use glass, both single and bento-style compartments. it's heavier, but it also gets less grody and i can keep it in it and throw it into an oven or toaster oven (i use a flashxpress) and just heat it in-container. for soups/leftover sauces and stuff it's larger mason jars. i get enough microplastics in my daily life that i probably don't need even more endocrine disruptors, and ime they get gross as hell pretty quickly.

the one downside is that they don't stack as well, and heavier if you're bringing them to your office

weight doesn’t phase me, i mostly meal prep for home use. would you, by chance, have a glass bento-style example handy? just curious to see what that looks like

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cls: tried using my fugly cafelat robot espresso press for the first time today, and it turned out into an 2 hour long adventure to discover that my coffee grinder’s burrs are misaligned, and to align them. resulting espresso though was surprisingly good

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

that guy was also using a really stupidly designed gun.

to quote the website, it is "the first time a production firearm has ever been inspired by social media. Designed in conjunction with YouTube celebrity Royal Nonesuch." off to a good start

look carefully at the breech and you will note that it doesn't have any sort of bolt or loading action. it is a single-shot manually loaded rifle, and the breech block is literally a threaded cap with a hole in it for the firing pin. you unscrew the cap, put in a bullet, and screw it closed. this allows it to be "the least expensive way to get into shooting .50BMG."

for comparison, here are the bolt locking lugs on a military M99 rifle that fires the same cartridge. compare the size of those lugs to the screw threads above.

but hey, this thing is the least expensive way of detonating a .50 caliber cartridge inside a something resembling a rifle shooting .50 BMG!

:wtc:

how could you decide it’s a good idea to fire something with a fallout 4 .50cal designed by some youtuber

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xaris posted:

I don't know the exact brand we bought, but it's basically this (and to be clear i'm not endorsing this specific link, but it looks almost exactly like what we have): https://www.amazon.com/Glass-Meal-Prep-Containers-Compartment/dp/B07JKXQFXG/ as a reference, should be a lot of various brands. the most important part is a good lid and the lids i have are not great.

i see, cheers. i was curious if you’ve got those that stack vertically, but with fixed dividers it’s definitely not going to be something id frequently get full mileage of

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

if you're going to just make sweeping legislation to outlaw something in the name of environmental preservation you'd want to outlaw coal-fired power plants. you'll do a lot more than by outlawing reusable plastic takeout containers.

it’s a good idea to take no other steps in the meantime because gently caress all those asian and island nations with beaches choking on western plastic waste, do i get the point of this comment correctly?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

sounds like a good reason for legislation and ramping fines for corporations dumping plastic waste into the ocean

this is the same problem as the plastic straws ban. it's a performative feel-good "fix" that doesn't actually fix the problem and tends to be indirectly an ableist practice that negatively impacts people who need rigid containers or straws due to medical situations. I have a friend who cannot use paper or metal straws and cannot articulate his arms minutely enough to bring a glass up to his mouth -- is it okay that to let him be unable to drink things in exchange for outlawing plastic straws?

not to be completely passive aggressive, but sounds like a good reason for legislation and ramping fines for corporations ostracising the disabled from from public spaces

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

not gonna post my actual suggestions for solutions so i don’t get a visit from the feds

just post from ecuador embassy in london

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hbag posted:

went to sleep earlier and woke up just now because i guess im thirsty or something

now ill loving never be able to get back to sleep

you’re not supposed to get back to sleep at 9am

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cls: waiting at doctor’s office, let’s see if this time she’ll be less than 40 minutes late

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

nothing short of a global dictatorship is going to save us from climate change

ill entrust Jonny to choose Her Majesty

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

cls: waiting at doctor’s office, let’s see if this time she’ll be less than 40 minutes late

update: the doctor owned me by entering my field of view the second i sent this post

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lament.cfg posted:

taxes and fees, as always, disproportionately affect people in poverty

im hopeful eu might be on a useful track for that. the recent series of proposed climate safeguarding reforms essentially include reparations for the poorer people, who will be hit the hardest by rising fuel costs and such. something like that combined with progressive taxes on individuals and companies alike has a potential to mitigate at least some of the negative impact

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

The biggest issue is probably bags and those all have easy enough solutions

Delaware banned plastic bags and all the stores didn't really know how to cope. especially the wawas

we’re increasing plastic bag prices everyone now and then. they’ll soon cost the same as reusable cloth bags sold at shops. on the other hand, im from the idiot country that still cannot recover the lost technology of the ancients, bottle recycling. we used to have that perfectly functional in ussr, but it got dismantled in the neolib 90s

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

the ones i have look basically the same as when i got them ~2 years ago.

Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers - Food Prep Containers with Lids Meal Prep - Food Storage Containers Airtight - Lunch Containers Portion Control Containers Bpa-Free (5 Pack, 30 Ounce) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y31WGWR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KA9G3VM57ZPTFMMDRQ7J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

the single compartment seems most versatile. i have not managed to stain the plastic on the tops, they wash up in my dishwasher pretty clean.

i have frozen them too without a problem.

cheers, im looking at something like that locally now aye. i really like those lids with 4 flaps, much better than push-in style lids plenty of stuff here still has

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just mix everything, it's all going to the same place anyways.

i cannot stand mixing my fresh vegetables with literally anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Spoken like someone who hasn't picked up misir wot, and gomen with their injeera.

okay not that literally anything, bread-likes are fine