Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
what? you only tested configuring your product to auth to plaintext ldap, not ldaps, no tls upgrade?

and everyone was cool with this?

go gently caress myself then, i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
attention

attention

gently caress work.

that is all.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

CPColin posted:

cjs: Missed the last hour of work because the power went out :cool:

wouldn’t say I missed it, bob

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

many years ago, more than ten: some rear end in a top hat convinced some other assholes to deliver their poo poo running on our poo poo by promising them they could have as much of our poo poo as they needed, for free, forever.

ive been responsible for making sure said assholes get all our poo poo so they could build their poo poo on it since goddamn forever.

since they get our poo poo for free, it is thus worthless to them and yet they get real real pissy when our poo poo is unavailable due to reasons.

at the same time nobody on my side wants to buy more poo poo with real money so those other assholes can mooch it all up and build their poo poo on it while bitching about how they need more of our poo poo because its so important to everyone’s business.

gently caress all yall. none of this matters to anybody otherwise it would come with a budget. it doesnt, so it dont. quit crawling up my rear end about not having enough of our free poo poo, dont loving build your poo poo on it then you sanctimonious pigfuckers.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

gently caress work

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

carry on then posted:

they are mining bitcoin

i fuckin wish, then i could blackmail them for a cut and burn it publicly for the schaden

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The state department flat out lost my birth certificate and just told me to order a new copy or something. Thanks guys.

owned

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

carry on then posted:

for a while i was working with a team that developed/managed one of the services offered on our public cloud offering, and multiple times they had to stop what they were doing and run scans to identify which were created using hacked promo codes for free small vms used to mine crypto

if my open source project is an eth miner that runs at compile time till it hits the build time limits in the free tier whos to say wether its good or bad??

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

just looked up my job on levels.fyi and loooooooooool like im doing aaaaaaany more work today.

or this week.

fuckem.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

Why in the gently caress would you design a cluster software product to just plonk the cluster interconnect magic networking on the device where the default route points, instead of using the install parameter that seems to be there for exactly that purpose?

cloudthink has ruined an entire generation of architects. its like they dont even know how routing works anymore because the cloud just magics a vxlan that spans availability zones and nats everything to the internet.

sure, you can set two default gateways too, why the gently caress not? set twelve or whatever the gently caress go for it.

im going to play video games for the rest of the day

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

mystes posted:

Is there a game like sim city but it's all about maximizing real estate values for wealthy people and gentrifying so you win by declaring urban blight and evicting senior citizens and stuff like that?

yes - buy and flip houses so you get rich

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

openshift could not find its own rear end with both hands, 55 gallons of astroglide, and a road cone.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

carry on then posted:

it's the best kubernetes, stop using it wrong

the kube part isnt even the problem.

its the pile of crap that is their coreos / networkmanager / openvswitch network setup that cannot reliably get an ip on an interface after reboots. its entirely composed of jank.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

hbag posted:

hello i was born in 2002

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

i guess i should get my kid their first forums acct before i do the last crusade into dusty bones thing.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

hbag posted:

no i know it's still used, but he's talking about it like it's used as widely as something like python

all of your money is moved by cobol. if you are willing to touch cobol you can make hella bank.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

checks the work emails to see how much nothing i can get away with today….

“URGENT: customer situation with <major_world_infrastructure> might need your help”

reply: i am available all day, also pull in <tom> and <tina> when you set up the bridge. slack me when you get rolling.

…. crickets for 2 hours.

shoulda just stayed in bed.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

gently caress lazy devs who have never heard of the concept of a machine with more than one IP address!

sure, grab any ole ip address to use in your from field there guy…. no prob. im sure that server youre talkin to at 192.168.x.x/16 is gonna be able to get back atcha when you tell it youre at 1.x.x.x instead of the perfectly good 192.168.x.x you got right there.

cant be bothered to even make a config option for it.

assholes!!

i had to add static routes on the goddamn server cluster so it could reply to this dumb bullshit client. static host routes

disgusting!

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

think i might actually have to work today

not looking forward to it

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

i think i just discovered that the most critical job skill i have is bullshitting.

i just said a whole lot of words and made poo poo up on the fly for over an hour.

i think i just created three new peoples worth of work?? which ofc will not get funded, but maybe someone can get 6 months of contract work out of it i dunno.

the important part is some cool guys can point to my bs and say “see.? we are very busy, overcommitted even. dont reduce our headcount again or this cool stuff you want will never happen”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

Jonny 290 posted:

im wearing camo cargo shorts as we speak

do they look cool?

no, they do not.

are they useful as hell??

you betcha.

old bdu pants cut off below the thigh pockets are the best. comfy like pajamas, pockets you can put a whole bag of oreos in. who cares what it looks like when you have those powers?