Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

if you use it every day saving sub benjos on something is not worth a quality/warranty guarantee

this is the boots story

get the good rice cooker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

rotor posted:

the $120 zojirushi i bought absolutely chewed up lid gaskets, like I had to replace them yearly. Then the pot rusted through and leaked and you couldn't buy a replacement. The little $20 one i bought has worked flawlessly for ... what? 8 years now?

More money often means better than, but not always.

wow maybe you were holding it wrong? mine works flawlessly for a long time and i do make rice p much every day

(you're supposed to clean the lid gasket fwiw its separable, the other thing is tough sorry for your loss, congrats on your find)

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

alexandriao posted:

cls: does anyone have any good teaching resources for intro to programming stuff? Planning on showing Python, and I've managed to distill stuff down to a 12 year old level. These are adults but i want to impress how easy this poo poo is... in the early stages at least. Bearing in mind they're very likely used to feeling like this stuff is "smart girl stuff" or whatever. I honestly have no idea what I'm after in specifics, I just want to make sure that everything goes smooth with no major problems

https://automatetheboringstuff.com/ is typically thrown around but i think this is too smart for people who may have never touched a computer

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

maven is great unfortunately that also means you're using java

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

guido replace pip with something that behaves like maven challenge

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

fart simpson posted:

https://github.com/Dyalog/Jarvis

browsing around the code here it doesn’t look so bad. better than a p-lang

quote:

onum←{0∊⍴⍵:⍵ ⋄ ∧/⊃t←⎕VFI ⍵:⊃(⎕IO+1)⊃t ⋄ ⍵}

lmao ok

I ⍵:⊃ uwu take my monad

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

mincing garlic takes like 30 seconds and then you wash your hands

unless you want to give everyone (your keyboard) the gift of garlic hands

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

you only peel the garlic if you're going to grate the whole head, and even then not peeling the skin just kind of separates anyway, but you still get some bits in the mush

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

CPColin posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SMASH A CLOVE OF GARLIC

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

skipped 180 posts about some bullshit to react to this one:

what the gently caress are you talking about "grate the whole head?"

do you actually use like...half a clove at a time? what the gently caress?

my general rule for garlic is to triple the amount any white person recipe specifies and that's still not always enough. i didn't even know you could use less than one clove. it's a quantum limit

grammar and patterns of speech my dude, i aint perfect

replace head with "whole head" with "clove"

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

use a pan or an oven, microwaving pizza is a crime

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

go ahead, make up some justification for it, you're still going to food jail, a real place

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i generally order stuff where i know i can't make it as good as the places i order from for cheaper, pizza being the top of the list

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

how many of the ads have "fast moving" in there

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

evergreen

:qq: after paying for literally everything we could possibly want, including owning a 1.5 million dollar house, private lessons for the kids, two cars, multiple vacations, retirement savings, and donations to charity, we only have $17,000 a year in extra cash left over :qq:

interpreting "miscellaneous" as "alcohol/drugs/onlyfans"

edit: also financialsamurai.com

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

you can't make your own pizza at home because your oven doesn't have 30 years of char, of all the pizzas that came before it, to imbue some ghostly flavor

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

an international vacation is easily 6k but mainly due to ticket prices and like spending a long time there cause hey you just dumped 2k+ on flights might as well make the most of it

i could use a 6k vacation, the last 2 years has ramped up some agoraphobia i never had before but that's for the wfh thread

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i need a new mattress, memory foam only has like a decade of life and this one is kinda brittle/tough now (ikea)

maybe i am just getting older

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

and bidet to you too good sir/madam

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

I have a focus also and it’s crazy how nasty they get. I’ve been replacing mine every 10k miles.

buying a new car every 10k miles seems pretty wasteful

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i was making japanese style curry (roux) from scratch but couldn't get it to taste as good the box stuff despite having a good recipe

the secret the box had that mine didnt? msg baby

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

what's your go to box brand? i've tried vermont, java, and golden. so far golden is in the lead.

s&b torokeru tasty curry, mainly cause its the cheapest by me

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i think i'm done with laptops in general, i don't want to carry work with me

just self builds forever i guess

is it still impossible to get cpu parts?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i got one of those steelcase or whatever ones and those collect so much schmutz off your hands its gross

sometime this week, give your mousepad a wash

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

what happened to good old fashioned alcoholism

poo poo is as cheap as ever folks!

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

prefect posted:

i really need to get better at drinking liquor straight --i can never keep enough ice and mixers around

and beer is a problem because i like bottles, and you can't just throw those away like cans :argh:

sometimes price is a good indicator of stuff, but i think more than $100 for a bottle of anything from a liquor store is too much for anything*

most midtier stuff is fine, tito's is a good vodka

* barring stuff that is so good that it all got sniped out and is now more than $100 due to reselling/scarcity, nothing msrp $100+ is worth it usually

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

hbag posted:

lol im unemployed

hey hbag stop posting in fyad

and go to sleep

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

hey people deserve the benefit of the doubt

especially young people, theyre dumb

i know from having been a young person once

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

making friends is difficult but helps a ton

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah you havana small penis

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

got an actual hank hill over here

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

lol hbag is arguing against giving them the benefit of the doubt

but yeah

lurk more, read the room

(imagine i barged into whatever chat youre in flauting all your groups social constructs and got mad when i got banned)

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i said the same thing a year ago, too, when you were new, cmon you can do it

ok 9 months

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

ok i just dont get having to tell people everything all the time and thats on me

but please understand this is coming from the most loving way of trying to tell you to shut the gently caress up

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

lmao at everyone going apoplectic over someone posting. ya'll look ridiculous.

kiss my rear end bitch i care about what i want

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

extremely good

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

cjs: are there actual interesting websites that one can read anymore freely or is it just here, reddit aggregates and like hackernews and whatever

i feel like i never find out anything new anymore until its in my face, it kinda sucks

i should realistically read books instead but that means not being on the computer 100% of the time during wfh so thats impossible

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Enderzero posted:

lmao holy poo poo the trans person that netflix fired over the dave chapelle stuff used to be my product manager. i am not very surprised but did not ever expect to have any personal connection to this story. they are really not worldly enough to be swimming in these shark waters, one article says they were fired for sending an email to their wife on company equipment and they claim they didn't know that's not allowed...

i doubt you're worldly enough either

believe people man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

cjs: i have very high flexibility at my job and access to a lot of resources

i'm legitimately blocked on something for the first time in years waiting for said resources and this is frustrating

i know if i goof off ill never return to work for the rest of the day as i will have "checked out" and want to get this poo poo rolling today

whatever