Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"vacation" over after this weekend - in a way, im happy to have something to do

but also i like being lazy - it's tough to be me

i use quotes cause i didn't really do much except rent a cabin a couple times and go to the beach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kenny Logins posted:

almost literally the same here. we're checking out of our pei cabin tomorrow AM

that's sweet - i contemplated flying out there but the prices didn't go down like they did with flying to calgary or vancouver for $200

it's showing as $1000 still -- $750 in september

for that much ill just go to like europe or somewhere down south

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jonny 290 posted:

it's $419 for a basic round trip to Reykjavik from Denver now that Icelandic Air serves DIA. It's going to be my first international trip whenever delta dies down, and i'm so loving stoked to see volcanoes and go lick the front stoop of one of bjork's childhood homes

that's loving so good!! US prices are pretty good for flying IMO - Iceland is on my bucket list for sure

our next trip will be Japan - we were supposed to go in september 2020 but the plague ofc - we got most of our ticket price refunded thankfully. we waited till last minute to cancel with a small degree of hope - cancelled in august and bought back in like january. i got all these books and poo poo and dove hard into youtube on stuff.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Roosevelt posted:

what parts of japan

we were gonna do 4 cities -
I’m out so I can’t remember em elk

Tokyo ofc
Kyoto
ummm

can’t remember the others - we were gonna get the train pass too

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

local brewery doesn’t have food so you can order out

got some AMAZING food - this chicken sandwich and these loving corns hell yes

kosmo food - https://instagram.com/kosmosfoodcantina/

he makes his own fortune cookies too

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

sneezed spice! hahaha

yo smoka check out wytch hazel

sooo good - it’s Christian but the tunes are solid, sabbath era

https://open.spotify.com/album/3soX9G8q4wCcz9nHs49Ime?si=emUlotaJRzOa3bjMKA0M5Q&dl_branch=1

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DO IT

ignore the lyrics

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

new Darkthrone album is also solid as hell - more doomy

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

rotor posted:

i feel like there's enough good music on earth to enjoy without having to listen to christian metal

I thought so too and I was like drat these tunes are good

but then they talk about rejecting satan and I was like you tricked me!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

today I was listening to Sabbat’s (Japan) singers side band Metalucifer, Heavy Metal Drill album and the riffs put Maiden to shame - just amazing music

this isn’t the metal thread thooooo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

choked I didn’t see venom inc - no Cronos but drat they sound good live. one of them had some medical emergency :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGgTchnU6Kc

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

first movie since 2020 - off to see The Green Knight.

Cineplex had a neat feature where you picked your seat(s) and it blocks off people around you - super nice

so stoked to finally see this - trailer dropped a month before lock down in february and got delayed till this weekend

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wish I had a thyroid gland to get triggered by caffeine! it doesn’t do anything for me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ps everyone watch Green Knight, it's so goddamn good

blew me away

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

one of the places showing it here does a thing similar to when you play minesweeper - you select a seat and it creates a circle so no one is within like 3 or 4 seats of you.

only vaccinated people can see movies here too - when i first got in there someone outside the door making you input your name and phone number for contact tracing then inside they scan our vaccine card or photo of the health canada qr code

it's pretty safe. looks like just about every state has banned them except hawaii and new york :/

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/which-states-have-banned-vaccine-passports

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i dont think what sagebrush posted warrants any of this insane hostility

hop off your pedestal

its basic advice and nothing like being a doctor

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

that is not to say you should do nothing but still - do what you can but realize its miniscule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1xav4f77A

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i have 1 of these for myself from Superstore and it's amazing

im very weird about foods touching so this chills that out

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

most of the time ill eat various pieces of it - saving the best tasting for last

but i try to avoid things i dont want to get soggy away as best i can. i also hate putting salad on the same plate as my hot food. my wife and most of her family does this and i always have to get a separate bowl for the salad

i also tend to wait till the end to eat salad and not with the main meal but my dad is from italy and that's what we did growing up (it's a thing there)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i mix peas and mashed potatos - well any kind of veggie mixed with potatos Just Works

my friend got me to try a pickled garlic clove yesterday... and it was great!! but i think pickling just about anything tastes good

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

cinci zoo sniper posted:

when i eat handheld food like burgers or club sandwiches, ill always eat all the fries before taking even a single bite out of the main course

same

i also chew some fries down into bite size pieces for my cat as he craves em

Achmed Jones posted:

i mean it's not insane hostility, but endlessmonotony is definitely projecting a ton about hbag's sleep poo poo and the post/username synergy only goes far

yeah, it was a bit much.

it's pretty chill in here normally and then that happened and that avatar aint helpin em - i was like - step off

also if balls need sucking head on over to Canada, thanks

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lets just chill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo Rockpalast put up the entire ZZ Top set from 1980

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH4hCeJrs44

Their youtube channel is filled with shows of all types - check em out, great background vids when workin

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sagebrush posted:

that's a solid idea. i went flying today and it was very pleasant.

pics plz

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

that's so cool

one day i want to go up in a small plane with someone and feel what it's like at the front. it must be better than being in a giant airline, eh?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

got one of these today

take my IDS!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

let me make money by not working PLZ

back in but hopefully august is chill

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i used to have an ikea memory foam pillow with a shoulder cutout and some extra moulding and it was heaven but needed to replace it. they got rid of it sadly.... however this year they brought it BACK and it now has a cooling gel pad on one side and it rules

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/klubbsporre-ergonomic-pillow-multi-position-50446107/

get it if you can!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hbag reading this thread without sleep:
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

tweet-you do not, in fact, gotta hand it to em

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

blue pos wow!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

That was a trick question earlier. You should never close your browser :justpost:

sometimes i close it then reopen for no goddamn reason

DONT U LOVE BRAINS?!!?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

sagebrush time to step up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOIEihGc_WU

E: the offspring so rich off pop-punk they fly their own private jet

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

phew, thank god he's not a piece of poo poo - i got scared reading that tweet

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

quote:

Although the COVID-19 vaccine was produced quickly because of the urgency of the health crisis and the number of clinical trial volunteers, Holland says the vaccine was not rushed, and it relies on years of research.

"With the vaccine, I know there's a lot of belief out there that, 'Well, these were developed too quickly,'" he said. "I think part of the story that's not out there is that there's a whole platform of technology that's been developed over the last five years or so that was happening — the mRNA vaccines. They were working on this for flu vaccines over the last five — really, almost 10 years — but the last five years. So this great technology happened to be right on deck when this happened. And that's what allowed it to be quickly adapted to the coronavirus. So it's not as quick as everyone thinks."

Holland has a Ph.D. in molecular biology and wrote his thesis on microRNA in HIV genomes. The 175-page research paper, titled "Identification of Human MicroRNA-Like Sequences Embedded within the Protein-Encoding Genes of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus", had been published in PLoS One. Holland had received his Ph.D. from University of Southern California in 2017.

they fired their drummer for not getting the vaccine

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/t...ing-conditions/

he said cause he has GBS (Guillain-Barre syndrome)

but the CDC is like :actually:

quote:

Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS)
People who have previously had GBS may receive a COVID-19 vaccine. To date, no cases of GBS have been reported following vaccination in participants in the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials. One case of GBS was reported in a vaccinated participant in the Johnson & Johnson Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine clinical trial (compared to one GBS case among those who received placebo). With few exceptions, the independent Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) general best practice guidelines for immunization do not include a history of GBS as a precaution to vaccination with other vaccines.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

rotor posted:

or is it ... microsoft RNA??!?!!!

gently caress it was there the whole time!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

had some mussels from costco tonight and gently caress they reeked, so bad - never gonna get em from there again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I normally just get em from a local fish shop and it’s great

I let em soak for a few hours in salt water then cook with wine and other herbs

ez plz with lemon juice squeezed on each bite. can also do a tomato sauce but I like em better this way.