Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hello new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ruining thread now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEKkdIT8JPM

its got amen breaks!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

they dont have adobe creative suite for linux so it wont work for me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

it doesnt matter. the sum total of things you care about with a Deactivated Windows 10 is that it overlays a tiny `please register windows` thing on the bottom right of the desktop (still overlaid by any actual windows, it's just on the Desktop) and you can't pick a custom wallpaper, except you can right-click and "Set As Wallpaper" on any image and do it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

it's $419 for a basic round trip to Reykjavik from Denver now that Icelandic Air serves DIA. It's going to be my first international trip whenever delta dies down, and i'm so loving stoked to see volcanoes and go lick the front stoop of one of bjork's childhood homes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Deviant posted:

what the gently caress

cjs wasnt supposed to go to the goldmine

it's supposed to be a sad and dismal place that i created when i was on the verge of a nervous breakdown

you all have played yourself for absolute fools

men will literally create a 4700 page thread instead of going to therapy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

that dogs fucken way too big for a poodle, think you got some bad info chief

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

nah man standard poodles are pretty big dogs. he's half golden retriever but his height/length/weight is normal for poodles

:thejoke:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Workaday Wizard posted:

i find diaphragmatic breathing does wonders for sleep.

also, keep the phone the gently caress away from your bed and use a good old cheapo alarm clock instead.

projector clocks are cool

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Truman Peyote posted:

these suggestions are pointless. hbag seems to stare at screens for 20 hours a day, if they want a good night's sleep they're already doing everything right

at this point im posting for the lurkers that might actually listen

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

got my grocery shopping for the week done, bought some new meal prep containers

tonight we cook a huge pile of chicken and rice and some other stuff so i can have lunches without having to Effort

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:psyduck: why are those not degradable, single use?

because everybody loving hates the ones that are degradable and single use

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

that's plumb terrible, beep.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

my meals are all rice / protein / vegetable and its all gettin mixed up in the first 0.3 seconds so i dont super care about the kotoba

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

the design reminds me of a PTRD-41, a ww2 soviet anti-tank rifle that also looks like it's made out of a gas pipe. it is more than 2 meters long.

it was made in soviet factories in the middle of the second world war and operated by conscripts in the mud and snow and fired a 14mm cartridge that is still used today to shoot down light aircraft. and they still figured out how to make it not blow up in your face.

well yeah, despite their simplicity they still used a soviet bloc action

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

handguards and mirrors have begun to be hosed with

the red is dead on, happy with that. I was nervous about the oj/yellow, but I think it's going to work out. It's a little lighter than a lot of shots, but dead on with some others.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

side dish interleaving is critical and by god i will finish the last bite of the three different things on the plate in subsequent bites at the end. you make the potatoes disappear when you still got half a chicken thigh on the plate? fail

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i mean 70% of my diet is some stir fry with rice so mix it up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

my biggest concern isnt the sleep schedule but the irc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

back when i still talked to my mom she had a habit of popping her ambien and giving me a call on the phone

zero to buckwild in twenty minutes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

lament.cfg posted:

that is the ring

the gaping rear end in a top hat was in the plane

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

like drat dude. you don't have to do me dirty like that

lol you got blackbirded

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i had several meetings today, ate healthy for every meal, did some more painting and clearcoating, pulled/whacked some weeds, bleached my kitchen sink and ordered new light bulbs. bout to go walk in 30 mins and then that will be the end of a long productive day.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

"i know you're going to drink this straight out of the bottle, here"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

of course

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The_Franz posted:

on one hand he's a lunatic crackhead who thinks jesus is going to come down from heaven and crown trump eternal god king of america any day now, but on the other he tricked an enormous number of brainwashed cable news addicts into paying $100 for a pillow filled with scrap foam that companies probably paid them to haul away, which is pretty funny

he's not tho

he's a white dude crackhead that lucked into some momentum via the same loving bullshit Redemption Story every lazy baptist addict adopts (my former boss claimed he was driving around 'on acid' and saw jesus on his steering wheel but the truth is his hot blonde big tiddy wife said lay off the blow or i leave) and shifted to an addiction to business type stuff and public praise and media attention. he is not faithful at all.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

it would be really funny if they invented a new probation for tori that did exactly that, he couldnt post but he could push weird sticky mouseovers on other posters

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

toripop

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

comp changes depending on where you go

this is such loving horseshit

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i'm considering buying a small 2/1 home up in the Upper Peninsula because evidently climate apoc is here to stay, and one of my thoughts is to keep a rental in denver (or a similarly popular city) and winter in same, then go do spring-summer-fall up in the UP. if fastly tried to pull the "hurr cost of living adjustment" i would absolutely just have my mail forwarded and airbnb the city place 9/12 months

its funny tho cause theyre always downward adjustments. if i moved to soma you think they'd give me a 32% raise? lma o

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yeah tbh almost all new rental contracts specifically forbid airbnb'ing anyways

really if i could just lease a place for the cold winter (gently caress doing january in the UP lol) itd be fine but those are also rare

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

replaced the blue-and-white LCD screen with a red-and-black one so that it looks like a soviet era geiger counter.

i should have just bugged you about this

quoting myself

quote:

I want to reverse the polarity of a motorcycle digital dash. simple LCD. normally black characters on a white-ish backlit BG. I want to swap the lighting for red LEDs and invert so that the digits and indicators show up red on a black(ish) BG.

I've seen projects on this but a lot of them are from different types of displays and I'm nervous about ripping an OEM cluster. How tricky is it to install a new sheet of polarizing film rotated 90 degrees, generally?

i sadly probably can't find a reversed LCD for the DRZ's cluster. I do have a trailtech speedo left over from when i was considering turning the Ninja into a streetfighter, but would like to use the stocker if possible.

only feedback i got in another thread was "it's hard and you'll probably crack it, get a spare to practice on first"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

CPColin posted:

Japan's synchronized swimmers just ended their routine with a Terminator 2 sinking thumbs-up :allears:

looks like it was a whole thing i wanna see it now

https://twitter.com/screamn_A_smith/status/1422980599476678658

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

this is oddly charming

this is excellent yes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

cjs: wild hair up my rear end, thinking about housing.

https://www.zillow.com/b/221-Baltic-Ave-Caspian-MI/46.063184,-88.629224_ll/

Thinking about sending a blind letter to this house offering a cashier's check for it.

That's the house my grandparents raised my father and all my aunts and uncles in.

Idea is to live in the UP spring through fall, airbnb or short term rent a place in a warmer climate for the winter.

At least i'd loving own something before I die, and it'd soothe my soul.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Yeah, both of the houses hold a lot of joyful memories for me. We visited every Christmas and sometimes in the summer too.

There is NO economy up there so everything is super cheap; they do have a small hospital in town and thank you for bringing that up. And as long as I can get a somewhat passable cable modem at either, i can work no problem.

the whole area is just peppered with these tiny clear water ice cold lakes that were created by god herself. they're so beautiful.

I just emailed a couple assessors finding out who's got jurisdiction and asking if they can give me any info on the current owners.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

we need to invent some sort of teleportation ASAP. imagine how quickly the real estate market would collapse if people could just put on a ring and step through a portal like doctor strange. live wherever the gently caress you want and just pop out anywhere else on earth when you need to. ugh

That's actually the big moving part in this. Assuming that I don't winter there*, how am I gonna get in and out in october and february? Nearest airport is Rhinelander, WI which has puddle jumpers to MSP. One hour drive. I'd keep it furnished and would hire a property manager over the winter, so transport is the only question. Might be feasible (as long as Nargle's still alive) to just roadtrip it tbh.

* we're talking 8 feet of snow on the ground when I was a kid. Climate change may have knocked that down, though, but regardless i may be able to preserve sanity longer by short term renting at lower latitudes over the winter.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

thats the trick. i gotta have a cable modem there at least. i assume they have broadband up there but we will see.

also lol i bet amazon prime takes like 5 days but who cares

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I don't even see a power line to the house, or any sort of infrastructure

everything's buried there. you cant have overhead power lines when you get 27 feet of snow total each winter

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yes it is a dying former mining town, sorry smoka there is no bus service here and the best you get for "infrastructure" here is an IGA that might have one kind of salsa.

i know what's involved living up there, and all of it involves a slower, more thoughtful life

also i could cut a check for it tomorrow and still have enough left over for a 4wd pickup, dirt bike, 30 foot radio tower (there's no code compliance in these towns lol), and biweekly road trips out to iron mountain to stock up on essentials at walmart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

oh actually nearest walmart is in Houghton which is a couple of hours out. still nbd