Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I'm legitimately happy for all the 2016 guys that are playing well on their new teams. Those on the 2016 team will always be Cubs for life, regardless of how the rest of their careers go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Two of the prospects we got for Darvish have been mashing this season.

Owen Caissie: .373/.543/.667
Reginald Preciado: .361/.434/.500

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Fangraphs had the Cubs' trade deadline deals change their farm system rank from 23rd best to 9th best in the majors. A couple more years of being in the basement should get them some good draft picks to make their farm system even better. 2016 had a lot of homegrown talent on it: Bryant, Baez, Contreras, Schwarber, and Almora were all draft picks that came up through the Cubs system. Hendricks, Rondon, Edwards Jr, Russell, and Soler were all signed via trades, the Rule 5 draft, or as unsigned free agents before reaching the majors and they all made their major league debuts as Cubs. Cramming the farm system full of as many prospects as possible was a major component to them winning it all in 2016, so I'm okay with them doing the same strategy to win again, even if it might be a few years before the prospects pan out.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bird in a Blender posted:

Going to see the best baseball team in Chicagoland tonight. That’s right, I’m seeing the Dogs.

Oaf it up for the rest of us

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bird in a Blender posted:

Trip report, the Dogs won, and they let a kid who got over cancer run the bases after the 3rd. God I love independent ball.

Did they beat up the ketchup mascot though