Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

its on phones now and I've been playing it a lot with Frank (and I'm kicking his rear end a lot too which he will rage in here or QQ probably) and was wondering if anyone else played and we could trade friend invites

i really like the new D&D set and I'm looking forward to the september new season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don't OP but I was thinking about trying it out. I played a lot of MTG in high school

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i did for a while but im so sick of seeing eldraine and theros cards that i havent in a couple months. maybe after rotation

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also the INSANE TUIRDMEN at wizards wont just make historic brawl an always queue! die!!

Tales of Woe
Dec 17, 2004

i do like a dozen drafts of each set but don't play constructed anymore bc its too miserable

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I don't OP but I was thinking about trying it out. I played a lot of MTG in high school

same, I haven't played in uh, 20 years lol but I really like Arena and they give you lots of decks just for playing and you can craft your own from them, I made a pretty good white deck

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

Tales of Woe posted:

i do like a dozen drafts of each set but don't play constructed anymore bc its too miserable

seems fine to me, but I'm just silver ranked

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

anyway post your names and I'll friend request you if you wanna play

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

arenas definitely the best way to play, the onramp to playing is lower than anything but like playing commander with your friends,. plus like you cn actually make the hot deck without spending one million shekels to buy a single fetchland or whatever

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

i wish this had commander

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i've thought about trying it since i just started playing again for the first time since high school right before the pandemic hit and the games store i was going to shut down. does it support EDH?

e: gently caress

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

i've thought about trying it since i just started playing again for the first time since high school right before the pandemic hit and the games store i was going to shut down. does it support EDH?

negative. it has a fake EDH called brawl thats 25 life and 60 card decks and theyve claimed that when multiplayer comes in they'll add commander with all the cards that are in arena

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

symbolic posted:

e: gently caress

arena is cool because it feels like it isn't a loving hassle to make a deck with the cards you want

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

negative. it has a fake EDH called brawl thats 25 life and 60 card decks and theyve claimed that when multiplayer comes in they'll add commander with all the cards that are in arena

gotcha. EDH is the only format i played but sounds like as good a time as any to try out something new

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I like making gimmick decks on here. This colossification + fling one was prob my favourite

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

arena is cool because it feels like it isn't a loving hassle to make a deck with the cards you want

yeah this. wildcard system means that asl ong as you play regularly you can probably make two or three decks per set so if you want to keep up with constructed you can. or do what i do and make stupid jank like my deck that used peer into the abyss and cards that make your opponent take damage when they draw to combo them out

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely not.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I've been meaning to check it out ever since I moved and got nostalgic rooting through my massive collection of cards.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ok finally got in, my usename is

Fungah!#16960

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also psa if anyone starts playing, theres a code for each set that give you three boosters

PlayRavnica
PlayAllegiance
PLAYWARSPARK
PlayM20
PlayEldraine
PlayTheros
PlayIkoria
PLAYM21
PlayZendikar
TryKaladesh
PlayKaldheim
PlayStrixhaven
PlayDND

the first four might not work but idk. also that'll give you half a dozen free wildcards

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

where do you enter those

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

nvm I found it, thank you! had no idea

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Fungah! posted:

also psa if anyone starts playing, theres a code for each set that give you three boosters

PlayRavnica
PlayAllegiance
PLAYWARSPARK
PlayM20
PlayEldraine
PlayTheros
PlayIkoria
PLAYM21
PlayZendikar
TryKaladesh
PlayKaldheim
PlayStrixhaven
PlayDND

the first four might not work but idk. also that'll give you half a dozen free wildcards

Holy poo poo...

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

that got me a ton of wildcards, I think I can complete the deck I want now

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

I sent you a friend request Fungah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Enter code PlayTheranos for three free blood tests

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Erhmm... got your results here pal.... bad news

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

first game against Fungah and he laid down all lands, interesting strategy lol

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

yeah, but I play for a week and then I stop for a month, it's weird.
Got a neat annoying token deck going right now.

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

okay well everyone post their friend codes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

first game against Fungah and he laid down all lands, interesting strategy lol

my favorite ws hwne i hosed up counting to two and threw away my only good card to not kill your skyclave apparition

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

Fungah! posted:

my favorite ws hwne i hosed up counting to two and threw away my only good card to not kill your skyclave apparition

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

PlayRavnica
PlayAllegiance
PLAYWARSPARK
PlayM20
PlayEldraine
PlayTheros
PlayIkoria
PLAYM21
PlayZendikar
TryKaladesh
PlayKaldheim
PlayStrixhaven
PlayDND

Ok I can't afford not to now :dance:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Don't mind if I do!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

It didn't work.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

2500 = 25000
swear to god

I've been playing Yugioh Duel Links instead.

That Little Demon
Dec 2, 2020

made it to silver rank 1 with my standard deck but the season ends in 12 hours, gonna try for gold

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

my username is:

Herculon#57214

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Don't mind if I do!

It should be PlayTheros