Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It's arguably the biggest weekend in Dragon Gate history, as the company for the first time brings us a double header from Kobe World Hall. First is the annual Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival, Dragon Gate's anniversary show and annual biggest event of the year. The show is stacked top to bottom, with every belt on the line, and main-evented by the young phenom Shun Skywalker defending the Open the Dream Gate championship against the incredibly popular Kzy, whose time it most definitely finally is.

Kobe World Card posted:

July 31st, 2021
Hyogo, Kobe World Kinen Hall
Dragongate Network Live (English & Japanese Commentary)
16:00 JST - 3AM EST - 12AM PST - 7:00 GMT

⓪ 6 Man Tag Team Match
Kenichiro Arai, Yasushi Kanda, & K-ness. vs. Super Shisa, Konomama Ichikawa, & Shachihoko Boy

① 6 Man Tag Team Match
Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, & Ryo Saito vs. BxB Hulk, KAI, & H・Y・O

② 8 Man Tag Team Match
Takashi Yoshida, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, U-T, & Funky “Jacky” Kamei vs. Gamma, Ben-K, Problem Dragon, & Punch Tominaga

③ Special Singles Match
Kota Minoura vs. Eita

④ Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match
(Champions) Dragon Dia, Jason Lee, & La Estrella vs. (Challengers) SB KENTo, Diamante, & Dia Inferno

⑤ Open the Brave Gate Championship Match
(Champion) Keisuke Okuda vs. (Challenger) Genki Horiguchi

⑥ 10 Man Tag Team Match
★SPEED STAR FINAL COUNTDOWN in KOBE
Masato Yoshino, Shuji Kondo, Toru Owashi, “brother” YASSHI, & Takuya Sugawara vs. Ultimo Dragon, Naruki Doi, YAMATO, Dragon Kid, & Kagetora

⑦ Open the Twin Gate Championship Match
(Champions) Kaito Ishida & Kazma Sakamoto vs. (Challengers) Susumu Yokosuka & King Shimizu

⑧ Open the Dream Gate Championship Match
(Champion) Shun Skywalker vs. (Challenger) Kzy

On the following night, we have a more somber affair, as Dragon System legend Masato Yoshino wrestles his final match, as he retires due to lingering neck injuries. A full accounting of Yoshino's career is beyond my capabilities, and I suggest you read Case Lowe's thorough career retrospective over at Voices of Wrestling, but suffice to say, if any person in this company deserves a Kobe World equivalent retirement show, it's Masato Yoshino. For his final match he teams up with his legendary tag partner Naruki Doi to take on the company's top heel Eita teaming with BxB Hulk. As before, every title is on the line, with challengers waiting in the wings for the results of the previous night. I assume the undercard will be made up of losers from Kobe World, so that part of the card hasn't been filled out yet.

Speed Star Final Card posted:

August 1st, 2021
Speedstar Final
Hyogo, Kobe World Kinen Hall
Dragongate Network Live (English & Japanese Commentary)
15:00 JST - 2AM EST - 11PM PST - 6:00 GMT

▼ Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Winner of 7/31 Championship Match vs. Kagetora

▼ Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Winners of 7/31 Championship Match vs. Aagan Iisou("brother” YASSHI, Shuji Kondo, Toru Owashi)

▼ Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Winners of 7/31 Championship Match vs. Dragon Kid & Ben-K

▼ Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: Winner of 7/31 Championship Match vs. YAMATO

▼ Masato Yoshino Retirement Match: Speed Muscle (Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi) vs. R.E.D. (BxB Hulk & Eita)

You can watch both shows live on the Dragon Gate Network with both Japanese and English commentary.

https://dragongate.live

Come and post with all your Something Awful buddies as we struggle to stay awake during the intermissions!

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The end of night 2 is going to reduce me to a weepy baby. :cry:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

YAMATO's going to do to Kzy what Tanahashi did to Okada at that one Wrestle Kingdom where he made him cry and then called him a dumb loser bitch.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kota Minoura vs Eita could be stealth MOTN. I can tell Minoura's going to be a big deal within a couple years.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Minoura vs SB Kento is going to main event Kobe World 2023.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
I am mentally prepared for it not being Kzy Time and YAMATO going over. Looks to be two killer shows with a real tearjerker ending tomorrow.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shun's going over both guys and will drop it to a returning Akira Tozawa at Gate of Destiny.

I took a nap so hopefully I can make it without falling asleep during the intermission.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If you haven't seen it, on social media they have pictures of the units all business suited up for the press conferences ut KAI is just vibing in his ring gear and it's great content.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

I took a nap so hopefully I can make it without falling asleep during the intermission.

You can't miss the VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY song.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your rear end better call somebody

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Missed the undercard so I'll catch it later, but Eita/Minoura is real good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Goddamn Minoura just ate that chair shot. Real YAMATO vibes from that no sell there.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also Eita’s Imperial Uno is the best super kick in wrestling.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He reminds me a bit of YAMATO overall. What did he win? A giant gift certificate?

edit: White Inferno mask looks awesome

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 31, 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I think it was a supply of soap or something, as the guy who runs Japan’s biggest soap company is a huge wrestling fan who sponsees a bunch of stuff and apparently all the wrestling content on Amazon Prime Japan is funded and booked entirely to cater to his wild money mark inclinations.

drat Masquerade looking like the coolest animes out here

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
it's a toilet cleaner thing that you can flush as it's dissolvable, iirc

This is my first Kobe World show and I'm very pleasantly surprised at the brisk pace of the matches so far!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dia's got some Tana-rear end entrance gear

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Diamanté and Estrella doing some real good lucha things here

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Oh poo poo the Spirit Squad finisher!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Every time I see Inferno I think his gear just looks not at all fun to wrestle in.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

Diamanté and Estrella doing some real good lucha things here

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
KENTo is so good

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Really liked that match. Dia and Kento were real good throughout.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
DG really showing the world how to do trios matches... Everyone impressed the hell out of me here.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, that was solid as hell. DG does multi-man matches like nobody else.

Oh poo poo it's time for the very tan man and the very bald man

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Okuda is one of the few people in wrestling who comes off as like, legit cool and not just wrestling cool.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Okuda is one of the few people in wrestling who comes off as like, legit cool and not just wrestling cool.

He's got MMA experience, right? Legit badass too.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

He's got MMA experience, right? Legit badass too.

Think so. He’s also like Ultimo’s nephew or something and he seems to be friends with a poo poo ton of people in the Japanese sports and entertainment world.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh wow, genuinely wasn't expecting HAGE there.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Natural Vibes clean sweep coming up!

Was legit not expecting Genki to pull that out.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I don't know HAGE very much, he looks to be a natural underdog... and he does the booking I heard?

I'm guessing he might drop it to Kagetora (who I know less of even), as they don't do an intra-unit match, idk

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
When's this intermission match from, Kobe 2019?

edit: lol just saw the LED board

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 31, 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Genki's been around since the early Toryumon days and is one the perennially over veteran midcarders. Originally had a surfer gimmick which he dropped once he started going bald at an early age and turned H A G E into his gimmick. He's almost always associated with Susumu and Saito. Got the backslide over as a legit finisher in his legendary El Numero Uno 2003 run where he beat main eventers Magnum Tokyo and Mochizuki with it in the same night before losing an excellent match against CIMA in the finals. He was head of the booking committee around 2013/2014ish but I don't know if he still is. Think Doi and Yoshino have more of a lead role in that now.

This is their Kobe World 2019 match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Adding to that, Genki's best days were arguably with Jimmyz, which is interesting because he's against his old Jimmyz stablemate & Triangle Gate co-champion Kagetora tomorrow.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:byodood: VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Not even YAMATO's Ace energy can big dick us out of *AUDIO MUTED FOR COPYRIGHT REASONS*

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

still can't get over loving Aagan Iisou getting a title shot in 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I'm so happy about seeing YAMADoi even if it's a bunch of other dudes around them. :neckbeard:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jul 31, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yoshino and his Stupid Team of Old Jerks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Brother channeling his inner Jack Evens