Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Post
  • Reply
Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Homeroom


I blink for a moment, taken aback by the request. He's asking for my help?

"Uh, yeah sure! Well, maybe. I have to see if Danielle needs a ride from me today, and if I can work around that. But yeah, if I can stop by I'll text you and let you know." At that I stand up to fish my phone out of my pocket so we can swap phone numbers, moving quickly out of excitement of things actually turning my way for a change and also to see if I can beat Mr. Kelsey coming back to class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom | Conditions: Creep

The music rolls over me like waves but it fades quickly, as Russ makes his presence known. His knowledge of the Winthrops is surprising... and a little ominous. Is there history there? There's certainly a future. I glance back at Alanis for a quick second, watching as she pesters Mordecai. A perfectly unpleasant person to be around. I'll probably be seeing a lot more of her. Sigh...

I notice Joanna staring and pause to think. With the way things are going, a smooth entry to the party wouldn't be bad. She's seemed willing all morning to get me an invite, but I probably haven't helped by muddying the waters with my usual schtick. Maybe this is a good way to solve two problems at once...

I lean towards her, "Hey, if you still could, an invite to Jeremiah's would be cool. There's a girl that'll be there that I want to get to know better."

quote:

manipulate joanna
# 6
Details:[2d6 # (3 3)]

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


T.K.: Joanna smiles when you say you want an invite. That smile freezes when you mention another girl youd like to get to know.

T.K., I hope this isnt anything untoward that girl. Shes trying to get her smile back and saying it like its a joke butits not. Luckily I already asked and Jeremiah said I can bring you. So youll be coming, With me. Shes going to be stuck to you like glue now, and if you disagree shell probably withdraw your invite. Is it worth it to you? What do you do?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom | Conditions: Creep

With nowhere left to turn, I just roll my eyes and sink down deeper into my chair. This is the worst. Not only does Joanna seem to think she owns me now, but Alanis is probably going to stake me to a tree later tonight and burn me to appease her grandfather or something. Which, in some contexts, would probably be better than spending more time with Joanna. Still... is this really what I want right now? What I need? Wasn't Russ supposed to... make my life easier? Why am I even doing this stuff? These parties mean nothing...

I pull my hand up into my chest, pressing my palm in to settle my thoughts. I miss Jack. The thought drenches me like a raincloud. I miss... everything about my life, before he had to go and...

My playlist changes.

Why am I a stranger
Lost in the familiar
Will I ever know?

Running with my eyes closed
Hunted by the shadows
Will they ever go?

Im afraid
That Im miles away from yesterday
And Im alone

Till I see you again


There's no easy way forward. But there hasn't been for a long time. Russ or not. Joanna or not. Alanis or Jeremiah or Mordecai or any of them. I'm still here. And I'm not going to let that change.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 1 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Outside Homeroom

Oh great, less than a handful of true believers in town and I just happened to draw one of them. Fantastic, Still he was like a dog with a bone, I had to give him something otherwise he was never going to let me go. I could tell him about Billy I suppose, but what was there to tell? I couldn't prove anything. Still I had to give him something think Ariana think.. "are you ok?" he asked "you zoned out there a little." I nodded and said "Look there's one thing you could help me with I suppose. I've not made any proper friends yet." What did young people do for fun these days anyway? Maybe he could point me in the right direction, " I don't suppose there's any sports team or after school club or something you could point me to where maybe I could get to know people better?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


T.K.: Joanna smiles at you. "Oh don't worry, you'll have fun." She gives you a friendly pat on the back, and then takes out her books as the bell rings.

Ariana: Mr. Kelsey smiles. "Of course! We have a Bible club in school - why don't I arrange a meeting with the other members this Sunday after service? I'm sure you'll make friends very easily!" He looks happy, but how do you feel about this situation? Regardless the bell rings and he looks up. "Come on, let's get back to class."

Mr. Kelsey comes back in with Ariana. "All right class, time to go over last night's homework. Open your books to page 35 and we can begin."

-------

New scene starts, so highlights refresh

The rest of the school day passes, and soon the final bell rings. Everyone begins heading out - either to get ready for the party or to do their own thing.

Alanis: Your phone rings almost the second you're out of school. It's your father, probably checking in and about to tell you to come home for whatever meeting your grandfather wants to have about the Danielle issue. What do you do?

Ariana: You've been keeping an eye out, but Billy blindsides you and before you know it, you're being dragged by him and some of his friends into an empty classroom. Maybe the janitors will come around eventually, but not in time to help you.

Billy uses your Dead Meat condition against you

"You got anything you'd like to say? Straight to my face, no one here to protect you." He sneers at you while his friends make sure to block the door. What do you do?

Marko: Danielle needs you to drop her off somewhere before you head to Jeremiah's, but the ride is far more silent then usual. She'd usually ask how you were, and tell you how things are going. Nothing too personal, but a bit of chit-chat to keep both of you occupied. But finally she does speak up.

"You're not...listen, I know it's not my business and I ain't gonna tell her or interfere or anything but...are you running around on Maria? No offense! But she's a nice girl." She looks out the window. "One of the only people still nice to me. I just don't want her getting hurt." She pauses, and looks to see what you'll say. What do you do?

T.K.: Joanna makes sure to come by and bug you over the course of the day, but eventually she tells you she'll pick you up. "Now be on time, all right? Call me if something comes up." She grins. "Listen - this'll be great! You'll have fun and I'm sure you'll feel better, okay?" She waves and heads into her car. "See you soon!" What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 24, 2021

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Dad's Pickup Truck


"Believe me, Dani, I'm doing everything I can to make sure she doesn't get hurt. If you're worried I'm seeing someone behind her back, well, I'm not."

Which is true...but not for a lack of trying. Flirting with Ariana this morning was a goddamn disaster, for sure. Speaking of which...

"Why do you ask, anyway? Someone spreading rumors about me?" I add after a pause. I have some idea of what the answers are, but best to make sure and see if there's something else going on.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom | Conditions: Creep

I'm telling you a story now
Of something that's wrong
This has been developing
Since 1981


The discordant ringing of the school bell signals the end of the day and accordingly we file out of the classrooms like locusts seeking a new field to devour. The collective buzzing drones through the hallways and spills out onto the front lawn of the high school, an unkempt parking lot, flipped bike stands, and the scattered circles of students waiting to leave, waiting for a pick up, waiting for anything really. The few with their own means leave while the rest of us.

Well, the rest of us includes me and Joanna so I should have figured what would happen next.

She's so... insistent. In a bad way. But a small part of me is in awe. The kind of stubbornness to push through and get your way. It violates everything about consent rules I believe in but... if I had even an ounce of that, maybe things would be different. Maybe I wouldn't need Russ. Maybe I wouldn't be such a loser. Maybe.

I give her a halfhearted wave and turn to look back at the school, hoping that she leaves without running me over (A boy can hope, right?) Instead, I see as Ariana makes a brief exit from the school, only to be pushed back in by Billy and his goons. Not good. I'm not super fond of Ariana, but she did help me out with that history exam. Intrigued, and a little concerned, I sneak around the side of the building to spy on what might be going on inside the classroom.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 1 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Outside Homeroom-> Beatdown 101 Classroom

"umm.. okay" I guess I don't have much choice but to turn up to at least one of them. Ugh, it was not going to be fun. But it's not like I had much of a choice not unless I wanted to go out of my way to alienate the man. And who knows I might make a friend. Stranger things have happened after all.

--------------------------------

And then it happened. It'd been a long boring day at school. Learning things that were mostly irrelevant. For a brief moment I thought I'd gotten away from Billy unscathed then he and some of his goons grabbed on my way out of the door and pulled me into an empty classroom. And now Billy posturing like he had anything to posture with, as threats go well he was pretty pathetic on his own. But with his cronies well that made things harder. I suppose I should have yelled for help, or tried to duck out of their grasp and run for it. But after the day I'd had and especially after the mornings shitshow I was annoyed. "Just this" I said as I swung for his nose.

quote:

punching Billy
# 9
Details:[2d6+1 (5 3)]
he takes a string on me

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom | Conditions: Creep

I watch Billy shouting at Ariana, it's a little hard to hear but clearly he's trying to intimidate her. Ariana is having none of it and immediately makes a fist and smashes it into Billy's face as hard as she can. I make sure I'm still pretty out of sight, but quickly whip out my phone and start recording. Hopefully Billy hits her back and we can blackmail him into the sun.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 1| Conditions:| Location: Outside School

Ring

I look at the cellphone ringing in my hands, and see the word 'Father' come to light on the screen. When was the last time that relationship ever been true? Had it ever? Even when grandfather was in retirement, there was always that pressure, that cold examination. At least while Father was sober. When he was drunk, he did nothing but bask in the solariums, lazing around, expecting other people to do the work for him. Still, he's my Father, and I've just wanted him to step into this role for a little bit.

Ring

I debate the merits of just hanging up, and what the consequences might be. It's not really Father calling, it was really Grandfather, using Father's voice. Ever since I became the the chosen successor, Father's been borderline avoiding me. The fact that he's calling me means that Grandfather is pressuring him, trying to get us to connect as father and daughter, something he knows that I desperately want. To tie another familial string around me, to bind me closer and tighter. If I hang up, I'll get looks of disappointment and a small talking to through the transparent lie that I'll tell. That lie that we both know is false, but we're willing to ignore, as part of this tug of war over my own autonomy. But hanging up also comes with the consequence of that potential for a relationship with Father eroding away.

Ri-

gently caress me, but Grandfather is good, I can't really ignore this. I press the green button, put the phone up to my ear and answer, putting a smile onto my face and injecting a little bit of brightness into my voice, "Hello, Father."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: "It was the way she looked. The way both of you looked this morning. I don't know if Bobby Lee was slinging poo poo or hit something, but...there's something going on with you two." She pauses. "And I'd feel like right garbage if I knew there was something I could do to help and didn't. Is everything okay?" What do you do?

Ariana: Billy shouts in surprise and rage as you strike him. He shoves you back and to the ground. The other boys grab you, holding your arms back. He wipes the blood off his nose, snarling.

"All right. All right, bitch. You want it to go this way then I'm happy with that." He steps forward and raises a fist as he prepares to punch you. What do you do?

T.K.: Good news: You got that. Bad news: if you don't do something right now things are going to get real bad for Ariana - but it'll put you on Billy's poo poo list as well. What do you do?

Alanis: "Hello Alanis. Dear." Sure enough, it sounds like your father is trying to figure out how to connect with you. "Are you heading home soon? We have that family dinner tonight. You know your grandfather likes people to arrive early. We don't want to disappoint him, especially with this..." He hesitates, figuring out a way to avoid saying the truth over the phone. "Discussion of recent events in the family. Father would like to see if anyone has any ideas and how to go forward." He pauses, trying to think of something. "It's been a long time since we ate as a family, right? Why don't we fix that? Your mother is going to make something for everyone, you'll love it!" He waits for your response. But with going there now, waiting for everyone, and this talk - you're going to be late to the party. Maybe really late, possibly even miss it if your grandfather doesn't want you going at all once things get started. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Dad's Pickup Truck


I also will feel like garbage if I have to lie to this nice girl about what's going on between me and Maria. It's on the tip of my tongue to just pin the whole thing on Bobby Lee and move on...I mean, it's not a total lie, right? He's a creep who makes people uncomfortable, either through spewing bullshit or just merely existing.

I sigh and drum the wheel with my thumbs trying to think of what to say. She knows something is up and she actually wants to help. So...maybe...

"Ok, Dani...it's a bit complicated between us. Maria is seeing someone else. But I'm cool with it!" I pause to let it sink in and to mentally kick myself in the head before I continue. "Just to be clear: I am cool with her seeing other people. And she's cool with me doing it too. I'm just not...very good at it as you saw this morning."

"So there you go. We're one of those poly...polygonal...one of those couples that're okay with seeing other people. But we can't let people know around here because they're so, uh, judgmental. So...yeah, I'm trusting you with this, Dani."

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom | Conditions: Creep

Yeah, Ariana is about to get beat the hell up. Yeah, I should do something about it, right? Even if it means Billy adds me to the long list of people he's smashed his fist into. I grimace at the thought. Still... Ariana is looking scared as hell. Sure, she hit him first but it's his goons that dragged her in there. She's brave as hell, even if it means getting hit. I wonder... could I be like that? I wasn't, back when... But I've changed since then. I'm older now. Smarter, stronger, blah. Plus, I add as I clench my phone tightly...

I'm not alone...

I suddenly shout, loud enough to interrupt the boys. "Hey Billy! Smile for the camera! I'm sure your parole officer would love too see this one!"

quote:

shut down billy clown
# 5
Details:[2d6-1 # (1 5)]

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Beatdown 101 Classroom

Well at least I can take some small satisfaction from that. I mean I'm about to get the beating of my short life. But it won't be entirely one sided. And well honestly it felt good to turn the tables on him like that. I was just preparing to take that beating with as much courage as I could manage when out of nowhere, T.K appeared at the window??? Had he been stalking me or something? It was entirely in character for the little creep, there was definitely something about him that set me on edge even if I couldn't put my finger on what. Still I suppose I should be grateful for the distraction he provided. I glared up at Billy "Way to fight fair idiot!" I said rolling my eyes at him "what's your next trick stealing candy?"

quote:

shutdown billy
# 4
Details:[2d6+1 # (1 2)]

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 1| Conditions:| Location: Outside class

"I'll be home soon. I know what Grandfather's preferences are." I pause, "Dinner sounds fantastic, though! Mother's cooking is always fantastic, and she always goes all out when she gets the chance to entertain guests. I'd love to!"

I go silent, pondering for a second, knowing that Father's word probably won't do a lot, but might give me a bit more backing when I talk to Grandfather. I sigh inwardly and decide to pull the trigger, feeling guilty as I do so.

"Do you think there might be any way that I could get your support at leaving the meeting a little early? Some of my friends were planning on hanging out tonight, and I would prefer to go. They know that I might be a bit late, but I'd like to still be able to maintain a social life outside of the family."

I start thinking about arguments that I could make to Grandfather, even with some support I need to be convincing in order to allow Grandfather to relent.

quote:

Manipulate Father
# 8
Details:[2d6+2(5 1)]

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: "...Oh? That's, uh, oh. Okay." You can see she's a little weirded out by the idea of an open relationship, but she doesn't say anything out loud about it. "Well, good to know you two are happy! Little of that in this town." She looks outside the window and motions that her stop is nearby. You pull over and let her out and she gets out with a "Thanks again Marco." She waves as you head off. Jeremiah mentioned the plan was to meet up with Preston, take some of the supplies in your car, and head to the farm to begin setting up. What do you do?

T.K.: The heads of the various boys snap over to the open window.

And one of them leaps through it and tackles you. Thomas Barton, you briefly remember before he lands on top of you and grabs your phone. He hurls it to the ground and you hear it crack and break open. "Got it!" He shouts happily to the rest of them. What do you do?

Ariana: Billy smiles as T.K's plan goes wrong. And then he begins punching you over and over again, a quick succession of blows that explode in pain. The others drop you to join in, kicking or stomping on you and howling in laughter.

"Anything else you want to say? Huh? HUH?" Billy's face is red as he yells. The rest of them look to be having fun but he's pissed. What do you do?

Billy spends his string to increase the Harm you take, take 2 Harm

What do you do?

Alanis: You father thinks. "What exactly are you and your friends planning to do, Alanis?" Drunkard, gambler, and removed from the position of the head of the house he may be, but he's your father. You know he'll be able to tell if you lie to him. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Dad's Pickup Truck


As soon as Danielle was out of sight, I rest my forehead against the wheel of the truck.

"Please tell me I didn't just screw something up," I ask everyone and no one. Silence and uncertainty was my response. I mean, it technically wasn't a lie right? And Dani isn't the type to gossip about things...especially in regards to people she likes.

Whatever. I'm overthinking this. I'll just deal with poo poo as it comes along, as usual.

I take out my phone and start texting Preston at the number Jeremiah gave me. I don't expect any issues from him: he's one of those weird god-bothering types, but hasn't really given me any trouble. Besides, I feel sorry for him with that whole "praying for a girlfriend" stuff he got outed on that he's still getting bullied over.

I drive off and make my way over to his place.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Pain Zone | Conditions: Creep

Man, I really hosed up, I think briefly as Thomas leaps through the window and tackles me to the ground. As he wrestles with me, I can see Ariana getting beaten hard inside. And then it happens.

Thomas finally gets my phone out of my hand and bashes it on the ground. The music in my ears stops harshly mid-crescendo. The unfamiliar beep of the Bluetooth disconnecting. Russ...

Rage overtakes me and before I know it, I've grabbed Thomas' head and am bashing it as hard as I can into the pavement.

quote:

lash out at Thomas
# 12
Details:[2d6+1 # (5 6)]

You gain 1 String on them

"gently caress! YOU!" I scream.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 2, 2021

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 2 | Exp 2 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Beatdown 101 Classroom

Uuuugh, that loving hurt. All these laughing faces all this hate. A lesser person would have curled up and cried, A lesser person would have cried out to an uncaring and distant god. I was not that person. All I wanted to know was how could I make him hurt. How could I make Billy feel this kind of pain. Because he deserved it, there was nothing worth redeeming about him. He was a monster and he deserved everything that was coming to him.

quote:

gazing as a hateful child How do I Hurt Billly
# 10
Details:[2d6 # (6 4)]
the visions show you what to do and you gain 1 forward to doing it. You clear a condition. Icy

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: You head over to Preston, who mumbles out a "Hey," as he gets some of the drinks out and loads it into your car. The two of you head to Jermiah's farm where he's out waiting. "Got some tables we can set up," he says as he leads you inside. You notice there's quite a number of paintings of Jesus and various other religious artwork up - more then you'd expect from Jeremiah...but nearby are also some family portraits and other portraits set aside for now. He points to some tables near the wall. "I figure we can set some of them outside and some inside - I've got the coolers and cups in the kitchen," he motions to where it is, "and I'll get some other stuff from the basement." He picks up some of the portraits on his way there. Preston looks over as he leaves and then to you, like he's been thinking about how to say something that's been on his mind.

"So uh. How did you, you know. Get Maria to go out with you?" What do you do?

T.K.: Thomas yells in surprise as his head hits the ground. "gently caress!" He starts flailing back, trying to get away from you. What do you do?

Ariana: Billy grabs your hair, but you're not looking at him anymore. You're not really looking at anything. You focus on your rage, and like a spotlight picking something up you know what to do. Humiliate him. He's showing his dominance over you - turn the tables on him. Humiliate him and make him the lowest person here. Right now that's you, but hurting him or embarrassing him in front of everyone else will get you what you want. Maybe not now, but you can bide your time.

"Well?" You come back to Billy looking at you. "You going to behave yourself from now on? No more being a smart rear end?" He shakes your head around. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 3 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Jeremiah's Farm


"Uh, well..." I think back to the bonfire party last year and how that went with Mariah. Images flash in my head of her being nervous and downing alcohol to counteract it, her breaking down in tears as she tells me about her relationship and how it'll ruin her life, and the sudden glint of hope in her eyes when I told her I'd protect her secret...and then we decided to pretend to be a couple.

This is going to be a mess.

"I didn't really 'get' Mariah to do anything. She liked me and I liked her, and we sort of hit it off. And that's the key right there: we like each other. And that's something you can't really force a girl to do. It's like...a mutual agreement or something."

I step closer to Preston and lower my voice to a near whisper. "Look, man, it's not exactly a secret you're into Alanis Winthrop. And it's not exactly a secret that she doesn't want anything to do with you. All you're doing is hurting yourself going after this one girl."

"Dude, you're rich and you're...not bad looking. And you're confident enough to talk to girls even if you don't know the right words yet. There's other girls in class, or hell the entire school, you can hook up with instead. Maybe you should focus on that for the party tonight, and stop trying to 'win' over a girl who can't even stand you breathing near her."

quote:

Manipulate poor Preston
# 6
Details:[2d6+1 # (1 4)]

Marking Exp for rolling Hot

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 7, 2021

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Pain Zone | Conditions: Creep

I'm not gonna lie, the feel of bashing Thomas' head against the concrete feels good and a small part of me feels a bit less bad about losing my phone. Still, the steady background noise of reality, unbroken by my beats, hurts like a missing limb and everything is a bit numb right now and I'm probably not making the best decisions. I glance inside and Billy is really doing a number on Ariana - I've got to get her out of there, and there's only really one way to do that without trying to fight them all by myself.

I sigh, then reach down past the flailing Thomas and grab his shirt by the collar, lifting him up so his squad can see. "Hey Billy!" I shout, loud enough to break through the jeers, "Let her go or bright eyes here is gonna be missing the next few Proud Boys meetups!"

quote:

Manipulate Billy
# 9
Details:[2d6 # (5 4)]

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 1| Conditions:| Location: Outside class

With Father's reply I take a second to think. Honesty is probably best, it's not like they don't know there's going to be a party at Jerry's house. Or if they don't, they will by tomorrow. Plus, lying will just complicate the relationship between Father and I even more.

"It's mostly going to be hanging out and chatting, maybe a little bit of dancing. I know how to be safe if things get out of control, Father." I smile a wry smile as I continue, "I just want to take some time to let me be me. This whole thing with Danielle and Sammuel puts me in a weird position as well, considering that she's a classmate; and while we're not friends- Sammuel has definitely seen to that- I still like her a lot more than him."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Preston thinks on what you said. "Yeah...yeah. Yeah!" he mutters to himself. "You know what, you're right! I was polite to her and she spat in my face. I should show her I don't need her! Wait 'til she sees me with some other girl!" He seems to have taken a completely different approach then you might have wanted. He looks lost in his excitement as he grabs some of the cups and begins setting them up. "Any of them, you know...easy to approach?" What do you do?

T.K.: The boys turn to look at you and then to Billy. You can see he's thinking of what the rest of them might say if he tells you he doesn't care, and he comes to his conclusion. "Yeah all right. He busted your phone right? Give me the pieces so I know you're not going to...put it together or whatever to get the video." What do you do?

Alanis: There's a moment of silence - you can picture your father trying to figure out what he should do and what Grandfather might do if he dissapproves of your father's choice. Finally he says "Fine, I'll let your grandfather know that you have an important social meeting with your peers. Drop by to see what he wants to do about this situation and then you can head out." He pauses. "Be careful Alanis. Don't do anything that would embarrass us." He sounds like he's trying to tell you routine fatherly advice but you know he's worried about your grandfather. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 3 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Jeremiah's Farm


Meh, he's got the right idea at least. I grab some more cups and help set them up as well.

"Well, I can tell you right now that Ariana's a death sentence, so don't go to her. Eve is not a good idea. Mmm...I don't think Sally's your type and I'm not sure she'll be at the party...but if she's there I don't see any harm in talking to her at least."

Danielle, Ivy, and obviously Maria would be out of the equation for several reasons. That would leave Joanna.

"I would also try talking to Joanna. She's, y'know, religious like you, so there's something you guys can relate to. I know she's got eyes for TK, but I don't think the feeling's mutual. Maybe if she realizes that you're both in a similar situation with your love lives she'll be more open to hanging out with you."

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Pain Zone | Conditions: Creep

"Fine," I nod, tossing the shards at him and letting go of Thomas. "Get out of here."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 2 | Exp 3|Conditions: Dead Meat, | Location: Beatdown 101 Classroom

Well at least someone seems to give a drat about me. Foolish of him too when I barely know him but nice.. I should go along with him and just walk away. That would be the sensible thing to do. But I'm not going to let Billy think he's won. I want to make him hurt the way he hurt me. Taking advantage of the distraction I try to grab him from behind but I must have taken a blow to the head or something because I couldn't grab hold of him at all...


quote:

slamming Billy's face off a desk
# 6
Details:[2d6+2 # (3 1)]

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: He frowns. "Listen, that...I'm not-well, I did pray but...anyway! I don't know. She is the pastor's daughter. I meant easy to approach like...you know..." He thinks for a moment. "Danielle, right? It apparently didn't take much for Alanis's cousin to 'approach' her, right?" He grins, like the two of you are great buddies talking about hot girls. "I mean, maybe it would make Alanis mad if I did get with her friend. You think it would work?" What do you do?

Ariana: Billy is talking to T.K., but he hears your footsteps and whirls around. He quickly hits you in the stomach and you double over. The other boys grab you and pin you to the floor, making sure you can't try and hit him again again.

Billy uses your Dead Meat condition to act at Advantage against you

"Jesus. That weirdo," he motions at T.K. "puts his neck out for you and this is what you do?" He laughs. "This is getting sad. From now on you'll do what I tell you to do. Got it? No more mouthing off at me, unless you want to go to the hospital." He looks down at you. "Do you? Go ahead and try to fight gain. I'll send you there if you're that stupid."

Billy takes a String on you

What do you do?

T.K.: Billy takes the pieces, and then tries to figure out what to do with them. He settles for shoving them into his jacket pocket...and then Ariana gets up and tries to grab him before it all goes wrong. Thomas starts climbing back in through the window, touching the side of his head to check for blood. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 4 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Jeremiah's Farm


Yeah, no. I have to nip this in the bud. I step closer to Preston and lower my voice as I did before except this time I was going to talk in a little less friendly tone.

"Preston...I'm not sure what you are implying about Danielle--who is my friend--but I don't like it. I really don't like it." At that last bit, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up...oddly enough out of anger than fear. Is it from being protective of Dani...or because this guy is so goddamn stupid? "I would appreciate it if you didn't talk about Dani in that way again. Understand?"

quote:

shut down Preston
# 8
Details:[2d6-1 # (4 5)]

Give Preston the condition Warned

Marking exp for rolling Cold

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 16, 2021

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Pain Zone | Conditions: Creep

I watch as Thomas clambers back into the classroom. Inside, Ariana flails at Billy and he reacts by hitting her again, as her goons pile on some more. That wasn't the loving deal, I glower as Billy stuffs the remains of my phone into his pockets. My anger bubbles up again, this time renewed as if a tide was pulling me in towards it. In a split-second, rage and a cool, crisp sharpness enters into me along that tide - a sudden image of me walking over to Billy and just destroying him. The sound of waves fills my ears, and far off in the distance I can hear... Jack? Russ? I can't tell the difference anymore, but it doesn't matter. They whisper of violence and revenge. All I can see is Billy's vile face, and my clenched fist that wants to make it bloody.

quote:

smash Billy
# 8
Details:[2d6+1 # (4 3)]
1 Harm to Billy, he can Harm me for free

I climb over the window behind Thomas and shove him to the side as I charge at Billy, fist raised, and bring it down with as much force as I can.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Preston laughs nervously. "Okay man. Chill out. You already got a girlfriend, you don't need to jump to defend Dani's 'honor' or whatever, right? I won't talk about her again this evening okay?"

Preston gives you White Knight as a condition

There's silence, and Jeremiah comes up with other supplies he gotten from downstairs. "I figure we can set up some sound systems near the living room, maybe something for outside? Or we can keep the doors open and-" Jeremiah sees the two of you talking right up against each other, Marko glaring at Preston.

"Is everything okay, you two?" His eyes flicker in between you two, but you notice he's a bit worried about what you might be doing. What do you do?

T.K.: Billy yells in surprise as you strike him. He stumbles from the force of the blow and tackles you back. He slams you into the wall and shouts "Keep her down!" as the boys keeping Ariana down almost get up.

Billy deals 1 Harm back to you

"What the gently caress! She was the one who attacked me when we were going to leave!" He wheezes a bit, looking pretty bad off as some blood drips off his face. "The gently caress are you even doing?!" You can see he doesn't want to keep fighting with the condition he's in, but he's hesitant about just surrendering to you. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 4 | Conditions: Nosy, White Knight | Location: Jeremiah's Farm


Preston backing down made me relax and I let out a breath. I did feel a pang of regret afterward though. Despite it all, I still felt bad for the guy. He just needed some direction, although I'm probably the last person to give him that.

I will admit, though, besides the regret something else inside me seemed pleased I intimidated him like that. I brushed the feeling aside as I turned to answer Jeremiah. "Yeah, there was just some miscommunication. It's been cleared up though. Anyway," I start taking off my jacket while trying to change the subject. "Just let me know where you want those speakers set up, boss, and I'll get it done."

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 2| Conditions:| Location: Outside class

"Don't worry Father. I'll be fine, doing something that would embarrass the family would harm my reputation here anyway." I state the blatant obviousness, "I'll see you tonight at dinner."

With that, I hang up the phone and sit down on the bench outside the school. At least I might have an ally if Grandfather doesn't want me going to the party. I lean back, listening to the whispering of the conversations around the school and the susserations of the autumnal wind and think of what to say when the inevitable confrontation with Grandfather happens.

quote:

what to do about Grandfather (Peer into the Abyss- Dark)
# 4
Details:[2d6-1 # (1 4)]

marking exp for rolling dark

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 2 | Exp 3|Conditions: Dead Meat, | Location: Beatdown 101 Classroom


Well I'm beaten. I'm not proud to admit it. But fighting on when you have no chance of winning is stupid. I did my best and my best wasn't anywhere near good enough. "fine you win." I said. With the unspoken for now hanging in my brain. I wasn't going to let him get away with this if I could help it. And then just as I was gathering my strength to stand back up I saw TK throw himself at Billy with the kind of fury I've seen only a couple of times before. I'd be lying if I said I didn't take some satisfaction from seeing Billy's face crumple. But that kind of anger was dangerous and I should really do something about it...

Ah who was I kidding. Saving wayward souls wasn't my job anymore. And yet. Yet he had tried to intervene to try and save me when he didn't have to. So maybe I owed him one. If I could do something to help him disarm that anger before it blew up in his face then maybe that would be an adequate repayment . "Leave him," I said to T.K. "you've made your point and I think he's got the message. " I said as I tried to wriggle free from Billy's goons whose eyes seemed to be focusing more on the fight than on trying to hold me down.

quote:

turn on T.K
# 8
Details:[2d6 # (5 3)]

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 1 | Exp 3 | Location: Pain Zone | Conditions: Creep

quote:

Did not remember to mark exp from the manipulate roll, corrected now

I can tell Billy is basically at his limit, and Ariana's words seal the deal. I push him off me lightly, "Just loving go, dude," I say with a nod to Ariana.

quote:

Promising not to fight Billy... at least until she wants me to again

I look down at the bloody girl I did all this for and take a second to think. Sure, I owed her for that homework stuff but... drat, this got way intense way too loving fast. Billy and his goon squad clearly have some serious issues that'll take more than just a trip to the school counselor to fix. At least this'll give Billy a good reason not to lay his drat hands on Ariana... or me for that matter. Still, these guys could've really hurt her, and, despite her... sensual... squirming, even I can tell she's gonna need some serious first aid. I growl at the goons still holding her down, "It's over, dumbasses, let her go already."

I reach out a hand to help her up to her feet, while I sweep my other hand through my hair absentmindedly. gently caress, I think I almost broke my hand...

quote:

turn on Ariana
# 6
Details:[2d6 # (2 4)]

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Jeremiah seems satisfied with that answer and starts looking around. "I'm thinking maybe we try...near the fireplace? Good amount of space for the speakers." You and Jeremiah work on setting that up while Preston gets the drinks out of his car. As you're helping Jeremiah, what unusual thing does he say?

Alanis: You can hear students nearby talking about their own families, while you think about your own. Your grandfather rules with a tight fist, and getting other members of your family on board with helping you out might be hard. It's hard to figure out a way that doesn't involve lying to him or keeping him from knowing, and-

Wait

There's a brief moment where you realize someone has been over your shoulder, watching and listening. You can almost see their shadow and you whirl around.

But no one's there.

Russ gains a String on you

What do you do?

T.K.: The rest of the boys let go of Ariana and leave you two. Thomas looks at you before he does though, and it's like he's noticing something.

Thomas takes a String on you

Then he looks to the rest of his friends and leaves with them. What do you do?

Ariana: As T.K. offers his hand, you look back at him and the two of you have some kind of moment apparently. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 4 | Conditions: Nosy, White Knight | Location: Jeremiah's Farm


I did the heavy lifting like I said I would, although the speakers weren't that heavy to me. Jeremiah just directed me where to put them. I just finished moving the last one when I hear him ask, "You weren't always like this, were you?"

I glanced back at Jeremiah. "Um, what?"

"Sorry, I know this is a weird time to bring this up, but it's just something I've noticed. A year or two ago you always kept to yourself and barely talked to anyone. Especially me. Now here you are helping me set things up for a party, you're talking to people like you've known them for ages and you're getting into fights with people at school."

His demeanor seemed to change, and I saw a certain intensity in his gaze that I haven't seen before. Like he's studying me.

"There's something different about you," he says, matter-of-factly.

The room suddenly got a bit warmer than usual and I honestly started to fluster a bit. I shrug my shoulders and let out a small chuckle. "I guess I just had to grow up a little more. Late bloomer, ya know?" I turned back to the speaker and pretended to adjust it some more, silently hoping Preston came back with those drinks soon.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 1 | Exp 4 | Location: Pain Zone | Conditions:

As the last of the boys leave, I slump into the nearest chair and take a deep breath. That got... really out of control, like very quickly. And all for somebody that, honestly, I don't know all that much about. Sure, Ariana helped me out a few times with my homework - and let's be honest, she's really beautiful when she's not picking fights - but was this all worth it?

I study the girl coolly as she dusts herself off. Something about her is so vexing and difficult to pinpoint. Why is she always fighting like this? I feel the pain in my neck, the beating of my heart. Beating like a drum. And it overwhelms me.

quote:

gaze about ariana
# 10
Details:[2d6+1 # (5 4)]
marking experience
Visions are lucid and detailed (Why does Ariana fight?)
Visions cure you, removing a Condition (Creep)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 2 | Exp 3|Conditions: Dead Meat, | Location: Beatdown 101 Classroom

I stood up, wincing as I did so, I had to take better care of myself. This was the only body I had now, and I had to make it last. Come to think of it what would happen to me when I died. That's a real risk for you (us?) isn't it. I'd better make sure it didn't happen anytime soon. Somewhat futilely I dusted myself off and looked around for a first aid kit. All the classrooms were supposed to have one and there! found it. I opened the kit up and began gingerly applying the alcohol wipes it'd been a while since I'd had to do any first aid, but the basics were still the same and the alcohol still stung,

doing first aid to heal 1 harm

When i'd finished seeing to myself I realised I'd totally ignored T.K. He must have thought me terribly ungrateful but when I turned round to actually look at him properly he was seemingly dazed and out of it, Did he take a blow to the head in that fight? I don't recall one but I had my own troubles. "Hey are you ok?" I asked concernedly and snapped my fingers to get his attention.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply