Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 0 | Location: Homeroom

Mornings. I hate mornings. Whoever whipped this body up for me either didn't do a very good job or was playing an elaborate practical joke because it doesn't function at anything close to peak performance before noon. Fortunately there are human stimulants that can make up for the lapse I thought gratefully as I sipped the last of my coffee. Billy was being Billy, I'd thought he was going to start something before class but then as soon as Marko had walked in I could see his skin go even whiter than normal if that's possible. I don't know what's going on between those two but boy would I love to know what's got Billy so antsy. For now though he was content to sit and ignore me so I was willing to do the same.

Which left the big issue of the day, Jerimiah's party. I'm not really a party person but that's usually because if I was at a party I was there to do the Work. I don't think I've ever attended a party just for the sake of it. If I could I'd not be attending this one but if I was reading the room right not attending would be a disaster for my social standing. It's just the only way I was going to get in was through Eve and well Eve was well inspiring some pretty mixed feelings right now.

Eve isn't a bad person I suppose, it's just well I've taken a big step and claimed my independence and I'm not sure I'm willing to give any of it up just yet. I know it's a small issue it's just.. well the principle of the thing I guess. I suppose I'd have to bite the bullet and ask her to get me in which means giving her what she wants. But now clearly wasn't the time while she was focussing on Preston's latest disastrous attempt at flirting with Alanis. Which just left Billy who'd given up trying to bang his two brain cells together and was now glaring at me. Still if he wanted to stare at me I could stare back, and well I used to be able to outstare just about anyone.

quote:

outstaring Billy (shutdown)
# 4
Details:[2d6+1 # (1 2)]

quote:

Name: Ariana Wallace
Skin: Angel
Look: Stunning, Intense Eyes
Origin: Deserter

Stats
Hot: -1
Cold: 1
Volatile: 1
Trespass/Forgiveness: 0

Moves

Cast from Heaven
You no longer have a dark stat. Instead, you have a scale, moving between Trespass and Forgiveness. It starts at 0.When asked to roll with dark, roll with Trespass instead. Whenever you subjugate yourself to someone else’s will, move the marker toward Forgiveness. Whenever you judge and punish others without the lord’s permission, move the marker toward Trespass. If Trespass or Forgiveness is highlighted, mark experience whenever you roll with that stat or shift the marker in that direction.

Halo
When you turn someone on, roll with Forgiveness.

Gaze Into Heaven
When you gaze into heaven, as a servant of the lord, roll with Forgiveness.
  • On a 10 up, you are filled with his voice, and may ask him for guidance or command. Carry one forward to whatever you’d like.
  • On a 7-9, you are greeted by one of his emissaries, who will impart to you a mission. Carry one forward to completing that mission.

When you gaze into heaven, as a spurious and hateful child, it counts as gazing into the abyss.
  • On a 10 up, add this option to the list: the visions show you what the lord fears most from you, and you carry 1 forward to realizing
    that fear.
  • On a 7-9, add this option to the list: the visions show you how you have upset or bewildered the lord.

Darkest Self

You've fought so hard to distance yourself from the lord, to establish autonomy and independence. In doing so, you've unwittingly stumbled into the service of another power greater than yourself. You will carry out their will as if it were your own. Whenever possible, you'll convince yourself that you're doing this of your own volition. You escape your Darkest Self when you realize who's been tempting you down this dark path, and beg others to save you.

Sex Move
When you have sex, you are reminded of your purpose here on earth. Lose one of your Skin moves and gain a different one.

Backstory
The lord loves someone else more than he loves you. Naturally, a rivalry has sprung up. You gain two Strings on them, and they gain one on you.

Someone reminds you of heaven. They gain a String on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Harm 0 | Exp 0 |Conditions: Dead Meat| Location: Homeroom

Key word there should have been used to. I flinched, and flinching in front of Billy is asking for trouble. He saw that as weakness and from what he mouthed I'd be lucky to get out of school in one piece. I mean I could try and fight him I suppose, it's just I don't think my new calling in life is standing up to school bullies. I hope not anyway. Otherwise it might be a very short and unpleasant life. Speaking of things that might shortly be unpleasant it didn't look like Preston was going to provide us with any more entertainment today. So that left Eve free for me to talk to. I mean how hard could it be. I'd advised Kings and I'd charged whole armies, I'd solved a rubiks cube in under 30 seconds. I could talk to one teenage girl right? Right?

Now that I'd accepted I'd have to give up a little bit of my independence to fit in, the rest would be easier I hoped. Leaning over to her desk I said in a quiet voice. "I've been thinking about what you said the other day, I would like to go to the party with you. Together. I mean " then realising what I'd said. "Umm not together like that. Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing if you're into it." "but yeah if you could get me an invite I'd be grateful." I said "very grateful." I added giving her a pleading puppy dog look.

quote:

turning on Eve
# 9
Details:[2d6 # (6 3)]

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Harm 0 | Exp 0 |Conditions: Dead Meat| Location: Homeroom

"Sure that would be.. good" I added uncertainly. I was pretty sure that was the expected response and it wasn't like I had much in the way of clothes to choose from or much knowledge of modern day fashion to work with even. Still I could navigate that problem as I came to it and at least Eve seemed to be a natural at that sort of thing. Alanis of course was making much more out of this than there was of course but then doesn't she always seem to. It's like it's not enough for her that she has good things everyone else has to have thing being bad as well.

And then of course man mountain Marko had to stick his head in. He's all cute and muscley and well drat, but then he had to ruin it all by opening his mouth. "No there is nothing going on between Billy and me" I added coldly "and even if there was it's none of your business." I would deal with Billy myself if it came down to it rather than let Marko solve my problems for me. I hadn't taken my freedom only to hand it over to the first cute guy I ran across.

quote:

shutting down Marko
# 8
Details:[2d6+1 # (2 5)]

giving Marko the condition Nosy he can give me one back

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Harm 0 | Exp 0 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Homeroom

"I'm fine," I said through gritted teeth. And I was, it's just I was getting annoyed at everyone thinking they knew what was best for me or wanting to use me for something. Like now even Mr Kelsey wanted something from me although I wasn't sure what. What was his deal anyway? Why did he want to control me?

quote:

What does Mr Kelsey want with me?
# 4
Details:[2d6 # (2 2)]

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Harm 0 | Exp 1 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Outside Homeroom

"Ok, then" I said, Clearly I wasn't going to get out of this easily. I stood up from my seat. At least I wouldn't be left wondering what he wanted with me anymore. I let him lead me out of the classroom and before he could say anything I kinda unleashed everything on him "Look honestly I'm fine, I can look after myself ok? I don't need or want your help or anyone else's help for that matter. I just want to be left alone by everyone while I figure out what I want to do with my life. Is that too much to ask?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace

Well both, technically. What with Billy threatening to beat me up. I could probably take him but then I thought I could probably outstare him. Maybe I wasn't as strong or as independent as I thought I was, What between this and giving into Eve so easily maybe I was weak and needed someone to tell me what to do...

No I'd come this far on my own, Still I'd have to give him something otherwise I'd never get out of this. "Look I'm fine, really" I said begrudgingly "It's just I've never really had time for anything other than survival and now that the pressure is off a little I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with that freedom. I just need time to figure it out. and if I think I need help I'll ask for it ok?" Of course that didn't answer his questions, I'm not sure I did have an answer. It had always been about the mission before, but now there was no mission there was just me. It was both wonderful and terrifying and definitely something to think about. Who was I when I wasn't playing a part?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace

Duty to god, that was a good line. I'd done my duty, I'd been a good loyal little agent and look where it'd gotten me. I opened my mouth to tell him that. That following gods will was a waste of his time and mine but what would that accomplish, It'd just start another fight. One I couldn't win and I wasn't sure was worth fighting, still there had to be something I could say that would get him to back off get all of them to back off from the bastard at the top down, was I just wanted to be left alone too hard to understand?

quote:

gazing into heaven as a hateful child
# 9
Details:[2d6 # (4 5)]

the visions are confusing and alarming;

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace

Oh great, less than a handful of true believers in town and I just happened to draw one of them. Fantastic, Still he was like a dog with a bone, I had to give him something otherwise he was never going to let me go. I could tell him about Billy I suppose, but what was there to tell? I couldn't prove anything. Still I had to give him something think Ariana think.. "are you ok?" he asked "you zoned out there a little." I nodded and said "Look there's one thing you could help me with I suppose. I've not made any proper friends yet." What did young people do for fun these days anyway? Maybe he could point me in the right direction, " I don't suppose there's any sports team or after school club or something you could point me to where maybe I could get to know people better?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Harm 0 | Exp 1 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Outside Homeroom-> Beatdown 101 Classroom

"umm.. okay" I guess I don't have much choice but to turn up to at least one of them. Ugh, it was not going to be fun. But it's not like I had much of a choice not unless I wanted to go out of my way to alienate the man. And who knows I might make a friend. Stranger things have happened after all.

--------------------------------

And then it happened. It'd been a long boring day at school. Learning things that were mostly irrelevant. For a brief moment I thought I'd gotten away from Billy unscathed then he and some of his goons grabbed on my way out of the door and pulled me into an empty classroom. And now Billy posturing like he had anything to posture with, as threats go well he was pretty pathetic on his own. But with his cronies well that made things harder. I suppose I should have yelled for help, or tried to duck out of their grasp and run for it. But after the day I'd had and especially after the mornings shitshow I was annoyed. "Just this" I said as I swung for his nose.

quote:

punching Billy
# 9
Details:[2d6+1 (5 3)]
he takes a string on me

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Harm 0 | Exp 2 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Beatdown 101 Classroom

Well at least I can take some small satisfaction from that. I mean I'm about to get the beating of my short life. But it won't be entirely one sided. And well honestly it felt good to turn the tables on him like that. I was just preparing to take that beating with as much courage as I could manage when out of nowhere, T.K appeared at the window??? Had he been stalking me or something? It was entirely in character for the little creep, there was definitely something about him that set me on edge even if I couldn't put my finger on what. Still I suppose I should be grateful for the distraction he provided. I glared up at Billy "Way to fight fair idiot!" I said rolling my eyes at him "what's your next trick stealing candy?"

quote:

shutdown billy
# 4
Details:[2d6+1 # (1 2)]

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Harm 2 | Exp 2 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Beatdown 101 Classroom

Uuuugh, that loving hurt. All these laughing faces all this hate. A lesser person would have curled up and cried, A lesser person would have cried out to an uncaring and distant god. I was not that person. All I wanted to know was how could I make him hurt. How could I make Billy feel this kind of pain. Because he deserved it, there was nothing worth redeeming about him. He was a monster and he deserved everything that was coming to him.

quote:

gazing as a hateful child How do I Hurt Billly
# 10
Details:[2d6 # (6 4)]
the visions show you what to do and you gain 1 forward to doing it. You clear a condition. Icy

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Harm 2 | Exp 3|Conditions: Dead Meat, | Location: Beatdown 101 Classroom

Well at least someone seems to give a drat about me. Foolish of him too when I barely know him but nice.. I should go along with him and just walk away. That would be the sensible thing to do. But I'm not going to let Billy think he's won. I want to make him hurt the way he hurt me. Taking advantage of the distraction I try to grab him from behind but I must have taken a blow to the head or something because I couldn't grab hold of him at all...

quote:

slamming Billy's face off a desk
# 6
Details:[2d6+2 # (3 1)]

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace

Well I'm beaten. I'm not proud to admit it. But fighting on when you have no chance of winning is stupid. I did my best and my best wasn't anywhere near good enough. "fine you win." I said. With the unspoken for now hanging in my brain. I wasn't going to let him get away with this if I could help it. And then just as I was gathering my strength to stand back up I saw TK throw himself at Billy with the kind of fury I've seen only a couple of times before. I'd be lying if I said I didn't take some satisfaction from seeing Billy's face crumple. But that kind of anger was dangerous and I should really do something about it...

Ah who was I kidding. Saving wayward souls wasn't my job anymore. And yet. Yet he had tried to intervene to try and save me when he didn't have to. So maybe I owed him one. If I could do something to help him disarm that anger before it blew up in his face then maybe that would be an adequate repayment . "Leave him," I said to T.K. "you've made your point and I think he's got the message. " I said as I tried to wriggle free from Billy's goons whose eyes seemed to be focusing more on the fight than on trying to hold me down.

quote:

turn on T.K
# 8
Details:[2d6 # (5 3)]

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace

I stood up, wincing as I did so, I had to take better care of myself. This was the only body I had now, and I had to make it last. Come to think of it what would happen to me when I died. That's a real risk for you (us?) isn't it. I'd better make sure it didn't happen anytime soon. Somewhat futilely I dusted myself off and looked around for a first aid kit. All the classrooms were supposed to have one and there! found it. I opened the kit up and began gingerly applying the alcohol wipes it'd been a while since I'd had to do any first aid, but the basics were still the same and the alcohol still stung,

doing first aid to heal 1 harm

When i'd finished seeing to myself I realised I'd totally ignored T.K. He must have thought me terribly ungrateful but when I turned round to actually look at him properly he was seemingly dazed and out of it, Did he take a blow to the head in that fight? I don't recall one but I had my own troubles. "Hey are you ok?" I asked concernedly and snapped my fingers to get his attention.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace

Oh good he's not completely out of it. And then he hits me with something that nearly floors me. Metaphorically speaking this time. You're used to this right? Such a simple little phrase but he cut to the heart of it. Yeah I'm used to being beaten down and having to pick myself back up again. This isn't the worst beating I've ever endured but it's certainly one of the more humiliating ones. And I'm tired and I'm alone , and he's offering me a hand up. He might be a better person than I gave him credit for. He's certainly the most helpful person I've met in this dump.

"I'd be happy too" I said at his invite. "I-" and then he added the bit about the party. "oh yeah, I forgot about that." I added "I had promised Eve that I was going to.. you know what never mind. Screw her. Oh and T.K you really didn't need to get involved but thanks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ariana Wallace
Harm 1| Exp 3|Conditions: Dead Meat, | Location: Party

Well that was quite possibly the most awkward moment of my admittedly short life. Joanna walking in and seeing me and TK laughing about something and the look on her face. Meanwhile my phone would not stop ringing so I had to turn it off. Picking at a meal obviously intended to be shared between the two of them and being the increasingly uncomfortable third wheel in whatever is going on between them. Are they together or something? I must have missed it. It was almost a relief when she dropped us off at the party and I was able to separate myself from them. I hoped I hadn't made things worse for them.

Sliding into a corner I pulled up my phone. Crap, crap, crap. What with all that I'd totally forgotten about Eve and fired off a quick text to her.

quote:

Sorry something major happened. Ended up catching a ride to the party with T.K. I'll explain later.

I'd have to apologise to her properly in person of course but hopefully I could put that off till later. Right now I had a party to enjoy, it was strange being at one without some ulterior motive or goal in mind. I was actually at something of a loss. I suppose a drink wouldn't go amiss..