Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

EDIT: Realized The Pacific aired in 2010 not 2011. It has been removed, everything above it moved up and Cobra Kai inserted.

Honorable Mention:
Hawaii Five O -- This show will always have a warm spot in my heart. Oahu itself was truly the star of the show but the ensemble cast (which included several LOST alums at various times) grew on me as well.
Fleabag - Probably deserves to be on my list more than a few of the higher picks in terms of quality.
he Mandalorian - Who would've ever though a live action TV show would save Star Wars but here we are and I'm so glad it did.

In quite particular order.....

20. Cobra Kai Better than it has any right to be

19. Catch-22 Visceral. Beautiful. Christopher Abbott (Charlie from Girls) delivers an unforgettable performance. Watch it just for that. He was sensational.

18. The Walking Dead There was a time when this show was what everyone was talking about, and with good reason. There was never any doubt AMC would keep it shambling forward like a zombie itself but there first few seasons were great.

17. Westworld This show has some pretty abysmal lows, but, my God, the highs. I still watch "Maeve Sees Upstairs" on YouTube from time to time, one of the best individual scenes in any show I've ever seen.

16. The OA My friend insisted I watch this show, and I'm so glad I did. One of the most unique and creative shows I've ever seen. I'll forever be bummed it got cancelled because poo poo was about to get meta as gently caress. I might have to move this one up.

15. Our Planet Sadly I think this show will serve as damning indictment of our civilization. If future aliens or rat-people find a way to watch in the future they will rightly ask, "But why didn't they do anything about it?" The walrus scene will forever haunt my mind.

14. Loki Shockingly when you take one of the most charismatic characters/actors from a fictional universe full of them and give him his own show, good things happen. The whole cast delivered aces.

13. Stranger Things The first two seasons of this show are pure, unadulterated magic.

12. The White Lotus Paradise has never looked so bleak. A wonderful story filled with sad, broken people brought together by unseemly wealth and privilege. The mystery element started as a background noise and built to a deafening crescendo. It had the courage to give people the ending that would happen in real life, not the ending they wanted. Except Quinn, the most decent one of them all

11. Succession This show just keeps winning. Prestige drama at its best.

10. Watchmen In Lindelof I trust.

9. Silicon Valley My tastes skew away from comedy generally, but this show never failed to make me laugh.

8. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver I wish I could make everyone on the planet watch this show.

7. Ted Lasso I can't even

6. Mr. Robot This show proved you don't have to be a premium channel or streaming service to stand toe-to-toe with the absolute best TV has to offer.

5. Breaking Bad Placing this below BCS might raise some eyebrows, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

4. Chernobyl For my money this was the best limited series ever made.

3. Game of Thrones Fashionable to hate on the later seasons and the finale but I think that unfairly ignores just how good this show was at its peak and what a cultural phenom it was. Winds of Winter can hang with any episode of any show.

2. Better Call Saul It's as though the creators of Breaking Bad took everything they learned on that show and lovingly baked it into a spinoff with a stellar cast. Oh wait, that is exactly what they did.

1. The Leftovers Season one was pretty good. Season three was superb and silenced everyone who said Lindelof couldn't stick a landing (aka people that are objectively wrong about :lost:) with an absolute gem of a series finale. Season two was perfect from start to finish. It would be like a baseball pitcher throwing 10 no-hitters in a row. And to keep the baseball analogy going, International Assassin would be a perfect game where the pitcher struck every batter out on 3 pitches.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Wait a minute. The Office hasn't made a single list? I know that Season 7 and 8 weren't that well regarded but the last season was pretty solid and the last few episodes in particular were really good. It's hard to judge series that span inside and outside the zone, especially when the quality varies on either side of the divide.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 31, 2021

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Heavy Metal posted:

19. Hung

Tom Jane! What a cool show. And I'm gonna say it, an even better showcase for him than The Expanse. Though Miller is very very cool. This I feel shows the full range of Jane, what a uniquely charming dude. Jane Adams is so good, when I see her show up in things it's great to see that quirky nervous energy. And again, just a great great role for her here. Season 3 is the one that aired in 2011, and it was a really good one. It's funny, when thinking about and ranking all these shows, some aspects can blend together. They're about people who want to be understood, want to be loved, how people get along. Getting into trouble, digging yourself out, communication, and ways to put new twists on all that in a clever episodic package. Also fun to see a positive show about a sex worker. However it did it, this show stood out to me as one of my favs. Also very funny.

Hung is really underrated. If you were to.....package....it with Mrs. Fletcher, you have a nice duo of similarly themed and fun shows from HBO.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Thank you so much for all your hard work putting this together and PMing so many people, Looten!