Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Sneaking in before deadline.

20) Riverdale (2017-present): A never-ending fever dream that dares you to keep up with its shenanigans. It's not a good show per se, but I need it on my list because it is definitely memorable.

19) Orphan Black (2013-2017): This could have been much better than it was, however Tatiana Maslany is absolutely incredible.

18) Castle Rock (2018-2019): Wonderful ode to Stephen King and the second season featuring Lizzie Caplan as young Annie Wilkes was awesome. I probably should watch more of the recent Stephen King shows.

17) Black Mirror (2011-2019): This show gave us much to ponder about until reality overtook it.

16) Cobra Kai (2018-present): A ridiculous show that can get you cheering for the characters.

15) Broad City (2014-2019): Maybe dated because of its woke liberalism but ultimately charming for the celebration of friendship at its heart. Also, I still often leave my house repeating Lincoln's PKW (Phone, Keys, Wallet) memory trick.

14) Better Things (2016-present): This show finds beauty in lovely mundane life.

13) Humans (2015-2018): This one is a British/AMC co-production starring Gemma Chan and a few others as robots that developed along quite nicely over its three seasons.

12) Ted Lasso (2020-present): I just started watching the second season, so maybe it could be higher. It is a nice heart-warming show that takes over the Optimism mantle from Parks and Recreation.

11) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (2005-present): 91 episodes (some great) within the eligibility period covering seasons 7 to 15. They recognized the need to evolve the characters to keep going.

10) The 100 (2014-2020): This show has outlived CW Teen Drama, Clexa diehards, and a few apocalypses. The later seasons didn't seem to be as popular but I loved exploring new worlds and the convoluted time jumping narrative.

9) The Crown (2016-present): Fantastic production values and acting taking us through 20th century British history from a unique and privileged perspective.

8) Why Women Kill (2019-present): Desperate Housewives-y anthology series. The latest second season was especially great with Allison Tollman bringing her Fargo Flavor and developing into a Walter White-ish Monster.

7) Barry (2018-present): Good modern anti-heroism.

6) Breaking Bad (2008-2013): He sure was a villain after all.

5) Better Call Saul (2015-present): I like when they show a character doing their job well and with pride.

4) Legends of Tomorrow (2016-present)
https://twitter.com/khaoticreveries/status/1478949684559417346?s=20This show found itself and leaned into ridiculousness and joy.

3) Veep (2012-2019)

Fantastic insults.

2) Kingdom (2014-2017)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qdvrJ7QUrM
Manpain, the series. Powerhouse performances from Frank Grillo, Matt Lauria, Paul Walter Hauser and especially Jonathan Tucker.

1) Fargo (2014-?)

Seasons 1 and 2 were classics.
3 was less memorable but still had Ewan McGregor brothers, Nikki Swango and sharp-toothed VM Varga.
As for season 4, I honestly loved its expansive messiness although it probably would've ended better if it wasn't for covid.
Overall, fun ambitious storytelling.

Yer Burnt fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU