Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
10 Gogglebox
Gogglebox in theory sounds like a terrible idea but after watching it for a few years I really can say that I genuinely love watching this show. For those of you who aren't watching UK TV Gogglebox is a show where you watch TV with other people watching TV or rather, you watch people watching TV. I know it sounds stupid as gently caress and it is but it's thoroughly enjoyable to watch peoples responses to things you have watched that week.

9 Travelers
I loved this show and although another season or two would've been awesome, this is one of the best time traveling shows I've ever watched that ended basically perfectly.

8 Taskmaster
Taskmaster is phenomenal and I look forward to every season. I've watched other countries versions of the show and they're OK but not great. Something about Alex Horne and Greg Davies makes this one a special show if it's the UK TV version.

7 Mandalorian
I was looking forward to the Mandalorian and it lived up to the hype. Disney really knocked it out of the park with this one.

6 Watchmen
I expected this show to suck rear end and if you go to the thread about the show you would think that it indeed sucked rear end but it was one of the best shows the past decade. It was kind of like blade runner 2049 in that a sequel should not have worked but they made it work.

5 Mad Men
Mad Men and breaking bad are two sides of the same "prestige TV" coin. These two shows probably defined what we consider in that genre even past Sopranos.

4 Black mirror
I know that this pick is going to get some hate but based on the episode White Christmas alone, this show is one of the best TV shows in the past decade. It's basically what the twilight zone was for the 60s.

3 Breaking bad
Again see above this show helped define what we think of when we think of a "prestige TV" show.

2 TGBBO
The great British bake off is one of the most wholesome television shows I've ever seen and if it didn't exist I would put Ted Lasso on this list but it was here and wholesome and I needed it.

1 Better Call Saul
Another example of a sequel being better than the original show. In my humble opinion Better Call Saul is better than breaking bad and that's saying a lot! This show really has been my favorite show over the past decade and I look forward to it ending.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU