Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sleep
Aug 2, 2003

Pulled out of retirement for this poo poo. Myself and goon James Woods are participating with our poor friends in the Rental Car Rally https://www.rentalcarrally.com/about and starting at midnight PST.

What is the Rental Car Rally? A zany 16-hour scavenger hunt over half of California with a pack of madcap assholes crazier than us. This is our first year so who knows what'll happen?

Watch us live on Twitch. Link is coming. I'm going back to lurking and James Woods will fill you all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
https://www.twitch.tv/whiskytangomedia?sr=a

Here is our stream. We may go offline from time to time. But keep checking in for updates

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
was that fred flinstone in miata

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Our team theme was the gang from Scooby Doo. Unfortunately another team had the same idea.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
that shaggy is so tall its like one of those giant home depot skeletons became alive and put on a green shirt.

Mr. Sleep
Aug 2, 2003

https://imgur.com/a/dzy3iPV

Here are our checkpoints for the race. We're trying to map out the most efficient way between them. We don't have to hit them in order.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017
I live in CA but why would I give a poo poo

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Sounds like someones girlfriend should learn stick.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
the amazing race but with goons.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Linux Pirate posted:

Sounds like someones girlfriend should learn stick.

I wish I had the time

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Alright we're off. First checkpoint is Tios Tacos. The clue there reads

"Challenge 1 get a picture with a trashy couple.

Challenge 2 ride the brontosaurous

Challenge 3 get a picture inside the sculpture garden"

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Only in L.A. can you get parking lot traffic on the freeway at midnight.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
We've got our first couple checkpoints.

http://imgur.com/gallery/eVayYo6

The cops show up to the first checkpoints just as we were leaving. Luckily a huge brawl broke out in front of a nearby nightclub and got their attention.

That abandoned military base was sketchy as gently caress.

James Woods fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jul 31, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Great.
Thanks.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osXCu7HDOdM

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Are you guys still going?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe they’re dead

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’ll start calling the hospitals

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The first hospital said James Woods was there but after several minutes of confusing back and forth we determined it was the real James Woods not SA poster James Woods. The search continues.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Is this one of those "races" where you can't break the speed limit?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

bird with big dick posted:

I’ll start calling the hospitals

Did you remember to call the abandoned hospitals?

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
We're alive! Over the course of the night we got chased off by the cops at a taco shop, broke into an abandoned air base, got chased off by security at a quarry, went to a wind farm and kidnapped a member of another team, Mr. Sleep was also kidnapped but we recovered him, sat in a hot spring at sunrise, visited a ghost town, and now we're waiting for a taqueria in Death Valley to open so we can eat something called the Tornado XL.

We still haven't slept.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

satanic splash-back posted:

Is this one of those "races" where you can't break the speed limit?

Well it's a"rally" not a race. That said there's no real advantage to speed other than getting to your hotel room faster. They aren't penalizing people for getting around too fast.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sounds really intense wow

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

James Woods posted:

We're alive! Over the course of the night we got chased off by the cops at a taco shop, broke into an abandoned air base, got chased off by security at a quarry, went to a wind farm and kidnapped a member of another team, Mr. Sleep was also kidnapped but we recovered him, sat in a hot spring at sunrise, visited a ghost town, and now we're waiting for a taqueria in Death Valley to open so we can eat something called the Tornado XL.

We still haven't slept.

If you're in Death Valley National Park there is only one bar that serves alcohol within park limits. Choose your DD wisely

also was the ghost town Calico? Did you visit Calico

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
take enough uppers until you begin to phase shift, visit everywhere at once. amateurs

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’m getting ready for the Cannonball Run. I just need someone willing to put on a priest costume and help me dig up Burt Reynolds and Dom Delouise.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i guess this is over? if that's the case then goongratulations and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsS_VMzY10I

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

James Woods posted:

We still haven't slept.

Glad to see Goons still going on silly adventures and nobody dying :piss:

George AFB looks incredibly sketchy from what I can see on Google maps, like base housing with the roofs falling in and crap everywhere, next to what looks like actively used houses and facilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
So yeah the rally is over. Out last couple stops included an abandoned mine, finding the Joshua Tree from the U2 album and other stuff I can't remember from fifteen hours of driving. We all wound up at a resort and had a big pool party at the finish line. After taking a much needed shower I was delighted to hear some old white guy in the lobby exclaim "Where the hell did these people come from?" and "They're freaks is what they are!". Overall it was a incredibly challenging, tiring, and unbelievably fun adventure. Next year is in Mexico. God help us.