Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Cyflan posted:

Huh, not even a mention for the gender selection?

But yeah, this game's a fun read, though I still enjoy the combat, mostly because of the music.

That's after the tutorial if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
At least it gave us fun nicknames for them in events. Assassin of Shinjuku is still Sassy-shin to me.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

ZCKaiser posted:

I haven't played GO so I don't know if he's ever shown up, but I imagine Lu Bu could be summoned as any of Lancer, Rider, Archer or Assassin (as he was known for his martial prowess, horseback archery, having, like, the best horse, and also murdering his masters repeatedly). I can only imagine the confusion of finding out the guy who just shot you with a bow from horseback is actually a Lancer.

One problem is that a Servant can be limited by the class they are in with regards as to what they can use from life. King Arthur can be summoned as a Saber or Lancer but she ain't gonna be swinging Excalibur around as a Lancer. Diarmuid Ua Duibhne dual-wielded a sword and spear in battle and had another sword and spear for less dangerous times. As a Lancer, he uses both spears instead and both swords as a Saber.

Draga fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 20, 2021

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Gilles being the first example of it if I recall.

Angry Mango was first, being said 3rd war screw up.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Ronnie's Servant is one of my best bros in FGO. Dude hits like a truck with his NP.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-sQLQw6-0Y

I have seen this NP so much. Extra!Vlad is my anti-Evil beating stick extraordinaire.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

IthilionTheBrave posted:

I figured Caster was Tamamo just because that was the only fox spirit with a sordid past I knew of. Though frankly, the extent of my knowledge of major Japanese myth and folklore is mostly limited to having played both Nioh games. Which are frankly a great source of late warring states period and miscellaneous yokai trivia!

On that note... Have any notable figures from those games ever shown up in Fate? I'd imagine Honda Tadakatsu would be a Lancer you would NOT want to gently caress with, since one of his major claims to fame is being untouchable on the battlefield.

Characters who were in both Nioh and FGO include Nobunaga, Muramasa, Miyamoto Musashi, Sasaki Kojiro, Yoshitsune, Benkei, Ashiya Douman, Minamoto no Yorimitsu (as Raikou) and one more who is a spoiler for the EXTRA CCC manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Gawain wasn't a self insert OC, he dates back to the early Welsh stories. It was Lancelot then Galahad who were OCs do not steal.