Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A 15 minute sink sprayer replacement turned into a 4 hour ordeal today. So that's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Advent Horizon posted:

That’s still cheaper than real estate. Our house has nearly doubled in the last 8 years.

Our wages have not.

We bought out first house for $146k and sold it for $223k roughly 21 months later. Projections put it at $270k now.

We're incredibly lucky to have gotten out of that house and into the one we have now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just tried to hang an IKEA floating shelf i've had sitting around and I somehow forgot that it was the old piece of poo poo design they discontinued that no matter what you do you can't make it level so anything you put on it slides off onto the floor GOD drat IT I CHEWED UP THE WALL WITH ANCHORS DOING THIS poo poo.

sigh. Guess I'm patching some holes tomorrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My current boss (4th in 3 years) is moving to another position in the company so that makes me want this other gig even more. I'm extremely tired of training the person who will be leading my department.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I 100% don't give a poo poo about the future of the planet anymore. I don't litter or dump oil in the sewers but when people try to get me to care about that I just don't. I won't be alive to see the world burn so I do not care at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean really, an actual apocalypse might be cool to watch right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Look out the window?

I live in the suburbs now, nothing crazy happening here. Gimmie the hellfire shooting into the sky and winged monsters flapping around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

If a stop sign has a white border it's optional.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I do love our new house but my one regret is the lack of extra garage space. I will never have need of a shop space but a third bay is the only thing missing here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

my biggest line in the sand is shop space or no sale.

You're an automotive magician, I just do oil changes and new convertible tops. We've set up half the garage as a home gym (very handy this last year) so we only have one garage space. The driveway is big enough for six cars so there's that at least.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't want to get too excited but u have a call with HR at 7am about the job I applied for.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
well, that will teach me to get excited or to think i am worth more than my current place in life.

Guess I'll go back to working on getting all the anti-vaxxers fired.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I'm okay now, done wallowing.

It sucks. I didn't hear anything for 3 weeks and had kind of given up on the notion of getting. But I got in last night and there was an email that I needed to reach out to HR and I was like "okay, they only want to talk to you if it's to schedule and interview" so I let myself get a little too hopeful and excited. The call was not bad, they told me I was just a bit too new to be considered for the position (3 years and 2 months, they generally want 4) and that I do have excellent numbers across the board. So I felt like I was being told I was great but not good enough to have an interview. But she did tell me there's going to be 6 more of these positions opened in the company in the next 18 months so I should just keep grinding and it's not out of the question.

But gently caress them anti-vaxxers, we have to wear masks again so I'm narcing on everyone who violates policy now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Today was dumb.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus christ! Another guy I know lost his fuckin leg in an accident! Not a close friend but friend adjacent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Humphreys posted:

But hey, if opposite to your other friend, they can at least save money on shoes!

Well god drat it, it's the same leg so no go.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I drove a Stinger today.

I don't think I liked it. Something is wrong with me.

Edit: my wife thinks it's the sticker shock, I had trouble justifying the truck and it was cheap. $40k just makes my head spin and my stomach hurt.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 7, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd driven one before, but that was prior to being able to reasonably afford a new car and I loved it. I think since it wasn't a viable option I was genuinely in love with the car. But now we could afford it but spending that kind of money on any car doesn't work in my head.

So that sucks. Another reason for therapy I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a big truck and I have grown to hate it. Looking to get out of it asap.

I do still love the FiST so maybe I should look at those again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Advent Horizon posted:

You have enough reasons for therapy already. We need to find something that makes you genuinely happy.

I have my toy collection and I can't even express the joy it brings me.

I shouldn't have sold the Speed6. It was a basket case but I loved that car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's the current AI stance on cars that have been in accidents?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No salvage or rebuilt, I was talking to the wife about FiSTs and she sent me a few she found within 150 miles of here, one of which is cheap and has a minor undefined accident on the carfax.

I'm just trying to make an impulsive purchase here don't judge me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
STR stop leaving the house

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Post more pizza god drat it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hear that man, food seems to just randomly gently caress with me these days. I need to get back to the strict diet I was following.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Sometimes I think just having a meal plan like eating chicken/rice/broccoli every drat day with an occasional burger or something would be the way to go, just eat the same thing and suck it up.....Food for enjoyment just isn't working anymore lol.

I usually do eat the same thing daily. But the last 2 weeks I've been eating crap.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If I was on the same schedule as my wife the food planning would be impossible. On night shift it's easy to manage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some days I hate people so much that I wish I'd get hit by a bus just to escape them

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not really wallowing, someone on my shift tested positive and they aren't telling us who because privacy or whatever. Like gently caress that guy, tell me who it was so I know if I was near him.

I'm pissy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

gently caress, are you quarantined?

Woke up to an alert that said we were all safe as the person hasn't been here since Monday.

We figured out who it was really quick, actually a nice guy. Don't know if he is vaxxed or not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I watch YT via the app on my TV a lot and the ads are driving me crazy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey it's reinstatement day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I work with a dude who's been talking about it all week. He left halfway through his shift to go get ready. Antifa is gonna attack when Trump is reinstated or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cakesmith handyman posted:

Garage doing the head gasket on my wife's car just called, an injector snapped so that's another couple of hundred on the bill. I asked if they'd at least finished all 4 before calling me so I don't get another 3 surprise calls. This car has killed my will to live.

Antifa if they're not successful, republican patriot heros if they succeed

No he meant antifa would attack when Trump is reinstated

BECAUSE LIBRALS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That makes my blood boil.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And then rebrand the rental industry into paying a "housing subscription."

Thank christ we were able to get into this house last year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

Isn't that the part of Ohio that thinks it's the South?

You know, this isn't a valid criticism anymore. After four years of trump a solid third of this country thinks it's the south.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

Yup. Get out of any metro out west and the trump/confederate/plztreadonme/blueobeseline flags are flying.
Hey at least they're advertising they have nothing intelligent to say.

...which also makes these areas not worth buying in, helping drive housing costs in cities.

I live in a city that's solidly divided on that and housing costs are out of control, and this is Indiana for gently caress's sake. But my town keeps getting lauded as "best places to live in America" and "best cost of living" and other things. Plus a booming job market is really bringing people here.

Edit: So a while back i mentioned my wife's ex-step father (divorced from her deceased mother) still views her as his daughter and wants to leave her one of his properties. The options were a couple empty acres in a shithole town two hours away, or the house she lived in when she was a teenager, about 50 minutes away. So she has opted to go for that.

This is ours (or will be in a couple years)

The red line is roughly the property line, there are two houses on the lot, roughly half an acre. Currently rentals, we figure we'd continue on with that until another option comes up.

Edit 2: yeah, probably don't need the address in there. It's in a small town in NE Indiana, that's enough.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 14, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Bens from Gears and Gasoline are genuinely nice guys and are both vaxxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This will absolutely have no consequences for us in the long run.

None at all.