Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Made a nice picanha today from the 1/4 beef we bought a couple of months ago, and some bacon-wrapped peppers from the garden.

It’s nice having actual time off to do things with the family.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I have no plans on selling my house, but yeah the market has gone bananas.

We paid 169k for our house seven years ago and the estimate now is like 258k, and we don’t even live anywhere near anything. My old house (which I still own) that I bought for 58k is like 120k now. Wtf.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Ferremit posted:

I grew up on a 24 acre farm with my nearest neighbors over half a km away. If I had to live in the city I'd last a week before I shot someone- Probably myself!

I grew up between suburban New Jersey just outside Manhattan and São Paulo in Brasil, and now my home property is 5 acres with a creek and bounded on three sides by woods, and my neighbor is quiet and rarely there. I also have a ten acre escape property that’s 100% woods. If I ever had to move back to a town I’d be depressed af. I don’t even like driving through towns anymore and if I see another person on my “commute” It’s weird.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It happens. I thought I wanted a FiST for sure, had it all planned out until I drove one and figured out it’s just too drat small for me. Was really fun to drive tho.

I haven’t found a car too small for me yet. I like them tiny and turbocharged. I’m daily-ing a 500 Abarth now, and I’d like to get a Kei car like a Beat or Cappuccino for the collection.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

That pizza looks amazing.

Sometimes I regret going carnivore. The easy weight loss is nice but I love pizza…

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Imagined posted:

I've always stuck to .22LR. Effortless fun to shoot for all ages, versatile for hunting/survival/SHTF, cheap, easy to find, and you can carry 1,000 rounds of it in your backpack no sweat.

I diversify my ammo holdings but a solid 50% or more is .22lr. Same reasons as you. I also have a ton of .22wmr, a fair amount of .223, 9mm and 5.7, and middling quantities of .40, .45acp, .44mag, .17hmr and .380. I guess I like variety.

Earlier this year I night my first suppressor, just for .22 since I have like five guns with threaded barrels rust I can interchange the can on.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I’m considering buying a crate of 8mm Mauser even though I only have one rifle in that caliber. It’s military surplus and comes in spam cans inside a wooden crate, but at $0.80 per round I’m hesitating a bit. I know 8mm isn’t exactly common or heavily produced though, and 760 rounds would likely last nearly a decade.

Here’s the Mauser currently sporting a synthetic stock. The original sporterized one is going out for crack repairs at some point but I wanted to be able to continue shooting it.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 25, 2021

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Darchangel posted:

That's pretty neat. Looks like the Browning equivalent of the Ruger Mark II (they're up to the Mark IV, now) I learned to shoot with. I've been meaning to get something like that for my wife. My XD-9 is a little big for her, and, as you say, .22 is great to learn with and use.

This is my Mark IV that I built up during the height of the pandemic last year. As docile as you could want for a gun to teach with, and super accurate. Once my tax stamp clears for the suppressor, it will be perfect.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Smart TVs were a mistake.

The motion passes.

I just want a big fuckin’ flat screen with no internet connectivity again.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

StormDrain posted:

The joy of ordering parts and waiting for them to me is often as good as putting them on and standing with my hands on my hips admiring a job done.

I usually have my hands on my hips because I’m in pain instead of in satisfaction, but same. The anticipation is half the fun.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I don’t eat a ton of beef outside the house but at home we eat a lot. We buy a 1/4 cow every six months or so and from our local grass-fed farm it works out to about $5.66/lb which is unbeatable as an average at the local stores. That includes ground beef, ribs, steaks, roasts, organs etc. nothing beats a grass-fed filet mingon or ribeye for 1/4 the price of the grocery store.

When I’m traveling for work though, I always try to search out Five Guys and get two bacon cheeseburgers in the lettuce wrap with pretty much all the toppings. Fills me to the point of bursting and I find that they’ve all been of equal quality so far.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

everdave posted:

I’m going to disagree and want some more fat like 15 in there or you are going to get dry quick. A good grill master/dad can handle lean

85/15 or 80/20 are premium burg mixes

Thumposaurus posted:

:chloe:

Get a chimney starter don't use lighter fluid.

100% game changer when I started using these like six years ago.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

BuckyDoneGun posted:

As for beef, here we export all the best stuff (literally, 95% of our food production is exported) and get charged “global market prices” for everything so it’s all loving expensive. But it’s always funny to hear about “grass fed” beef, like, yes, that’s what cows eat?

Factory-farmed grocery store beef cows in the US eat corn and other grain leftovers from the ag industry, so grass-fed beef is distinct from “standard” beef. It’s usually more expensive and done on a smaller scale.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

So I think my buddy wants to kill me. I dropped off a plow for his tractor yesterday and he gave me these as compensation.

Original formula Four Loko with all the caffeine, taurine, and guaraná. I never tried them when they were on the shelf originally but it’s a good thing I’m not given to alcoholic excess or these might gently caress me up badly. For some reason he still has cases of this poo poo in his basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just back to gun chat for a second, my crate of surplus Romanian Mauser ammo showed up today and it’s everything I dreamed of. Can’t wait to try it out at the range later this week.