Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

SIGSEGV posted:

The reason might be that the devs are Germans, and Germany loving loves coal power.

(Ok, that's a lie, Germany uses a lot of coal power, in particular the dirtiest coal possible, lignite, and for some reason the decision makers of the German state tend to favor coal in indirect, stealthy and one might say underhanded ways. There might be money involved.) (I say as I laugh frenchily, before remembering that our Greens have worked really hard to kill nuclear power here, in particular the projects to recycle spent nuclear fuel into more power and far less toxic and radioactive spent fuel, again, money might be involved.)

The fact that Germany shut down its nuke plants after Fukushima is proof that whatever else is going on, there's a lot of blind hatred for nuke plants floating around. Did they think there was going to be a tsunami in the middle of Germany? Whether we should build new nuke plants can be a big complicated discussion, but once they're built there's absolutely no reason not to run them to the end of their safe lifetime.

As someone who works in sustainability the anti-nuke stance of some supposed environmentalists drives me completely nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU