Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I've had a lot of fun playing Anno 1404 multiplayer with a friend. We used to play our separate cities, helping each other out while ganging up on the one or two AI's we added. One time my friend bought a small island out from under one AI and demolished everything to build himself a large palace. We also learned that while the AI was definitely cheating with infinite funds it wasn't cheating itself resources it wasn't producing. After we bought up all of their islands capable of producing spice, and waiting for their stores to run dry, their town degraded down to the level requiring it before upgrading.

Didn't really get into 2070 however. I tried it but cities are so empty and devoid of life compared to 1404 and the campaign was a horrible grind and I gave up on the mission teaching you about eco balance. The island you start on has several leaking nuclear things utterly tanking your balance and just breaking even was just too tidious. Didn't help that the "story" wasn't very good but predictable, even by Anno standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If you accept name suggestions for ships could you please name a warship Vasa in honor of our proud maritime traditions? :sweden:

Personally I utterly despise the awful field puzzles in these games as the worst thing they every added to the series.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If you want a cargoship name Götheborg would be an option. It sailed from Göteborg (Gothenburg) on the west coast all the way to China and back. As it entered the harbor it smashed into a well-known reef and sank.

They built a full sized replica and sailed a slightly modified version of the original journey (and without the sinking) a decade ago.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Atlantis for site four because of an overabundance of originality and creativity from me.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The infamous udon'tplay strikes again.

Ministry of Truth is a bit... unsettling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

But trains are awesome. Just make some bridges, tunnels and tubes between islands. :colbert: