Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

oh that's easy. it's a video game where you can get a full education in any subject you're interested in in about eight hours, that has a login reward in a useless in game currency that can be cashed out by any player for a comfy salary, that gives you magical powers in real life if you're deemed worthy, and cures every disease any player has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

The Bananana posted:

Ok, please read this.
-
Don't just pass it by.
-
It's a really good idea I had from years ago.
-
Here goes.

My dream game is like, This thing where. Ok,
Picture grand theft auto.
Now, answer honestly: is the shooting perfect? No
Is the driving perfect? No.
Are the flight mechanics amazing? No.
Etc etc.

It gets away with this, cause it's grand theft auto. And it does a lot of things and it does them well enough we give it a pass.

My idea is like.
What if "grand theft auto" were sort of like the base game.
And then you could buy "modules" like, maybe a racing module, that has racing physics and extras like more cars and maybe tools and a garage?
Or maybe a guns module, to..

Hold on, I think I just described mods to pc games.

poo poo.

This is actually how game engine/platforms Unreal Engine and Unity works. The difference is that the people who buy the modules are developers, not players. This and many other reasons, are why Unreal Engine 5 is actually the best game ever made. You don't need to be any kind of developer to make amazing things with it, you can just use it like it's a much, much, much more powerful Minecraft if you want. Everyone should have at least a little go at making something in UE.