Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sassy Witch
This poll is closed.
Magilou 33 28.45%
Oddium 9 7.76%
All of them 15 12.93%
All of them (except the problematic ones) 30 25.86%
metis, whose birthday is this month 12 10.34%
Metis cannot stop editing polls 17 14.66%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
gassy witch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
many games have witches, but few require you to lay a smackdown on a witch's tits in order to progress

May 8, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Not another DND podcast is the GOAT of DND podcast

it's probably my favorite of the podcast ones, and it and dimension 20 share some players so if you like one there's a decent chance you'll like the other

May 8, 2006

disgusting how few games allow you to dual wield shields imo

May 8, 2006

Anarchy reigns multiplayer was pretty fun

May 8, 2006

guess i should go on columbo

May 8, 2006

This game was kind of cool, wish it wasn't languishing away on out-of-date services only

May 8, 2006

homeless snail posted:

that sounds like some braindead tv tropes garbage. one of the most influential isekais of all time is inuyasha and thats just a girl falling down a well. the cliches came later when people got bored of girls falling down wells

ruthless categorization is almost like meaningful engagement if you close your eyes

May 8, 2006

my corpse will be found hunched over a controller, ' Thank you for playing!' burned into the screen

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

turn based doom

jupiter hell came out of early access today!

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If only SC2 had 2v2v2v2 BGH

flashback to being called slurs in my high school visual basic class because after one played demanded we play 'real' brood war money map nr 20 mins i pelted his mass dragoons with guardians from across the river where they could not shoot back

May 8, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve never played a video game but I hope to soon! Where’s a good place to start?

start at the beginning imo

May 8, 2006

i don't think he'll fit in there at all

May 8, 2006

did a full run of the back 4 blood beta and it's extremely mediocre. the characters lack all the charm of the l4d ones, and the dialogue for them is pretty bad. the special undead look worse and generally can be divided into 'explodes' or 'grabs you until someone saves you.' the shooting is fine, the weapons seem mostly fine. the card system might be cool. some of the options i saw seemed interesting, but for the first run you mostly get pretty uninteresting stat buffs. the shopping system i'm mixed on - there's some element of randomness to it, which i like, but i think it might be a system in search of a problem that didn't need fixing.

i think that it seems like a decent enough time if you get some friends together, not sure i would recommend it at full new-game price. they've still got a couple of months of course but i think it's going to be a bit of a bland package. if l4d2 was trying to be a silly zombie movie, this game is trying to feel like a prepper's idea of the zombie apocalypse.

May 8, 2006

do it coward

May 8, 2006

Harrow posted:

What are everyone's favorite "turn your brain off and just kick back and play" video games

destiny 2, doom, american truck sim, parts of ffxiv. very broadly jrpgs as a whole work for this and function as great podcast games.

May 8, 2006

'to win' is not one of the options i provide

May 8, 2006

hit these buttons on your nintendo remote and you'll get 99 free guys and can easily pass the game

May 8, 2006

Baller Time posted:

I'm playing Shadow Hearts. I don't know why, it just happened.

it's good

May 8, 2006

always use the funky bomb

unless you're mad then use the dirt ones

May 8, 2006

I hope axiom verge 2 has a better fast travel system than the first one

May 8, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Someone should make a JRPG in a real endless suburbia hell neighborhood.

dragon quest really is the suburbia of jrpgs

May 8, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

60% tits and thighs by volume and 30% glistening man-pecs

no reason but I guess I'm trying shadowverse tonight

May 8, 2006

VideoGames go on Shadow Hearts challenge

May 8, 2006

Stux posted:

play smt and persona

In release order

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I played one Atelier for approximately 12 hours, thought it was fine and not for me and now I am at war with Atelier.

watch out in mere dozens of hours they'll craft one giant bomb and blow you up

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

meanwhile i will cast firaga 30 times

you really strike me as more of a wakka than a lulu

May 8, 2006

the assassination of lord british was just

May 8, 2006

unlikely as tales is strictly better than atelier

May 8, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

not my very first, i've done maybe 15 or so matches online so far. its less a problem with the game or my performance (a friend sat down with me last night and we watched my replays and he had a lot of good things to say about what i was able to do in the match, especially for a beginner, and that was really nice) it's just my brain implodes on itself some days and falls into the death spiral/negative feedback loop and i don't really have any way of pulling myself out of it.

hopefully today will be better.

i have the same issue often, it can keep me from playing games like strive even when i otherwise really want to. i don't know if this strategy will help you but i keep a little notebook on my desk and when i feel this sort of thinking coming on(and sometimes just in general) i take little notes between matches about what I noticed that I need to work on/where I think I did well. it keeps my brain occupied and i can often short-circuit the spiral, because if i start to get to negative i can take a break and do a little training mode time focused on stuff in my notes.

i hope today goes better though! sometimes it's unavoidable and i try to recognize this and just do something else. ffxiv is a go-to because i'm so comfortable in that game by now i'm almost guaranteed success in anything i do, which helps disperse any gathering clouds.

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Shipping is incredibly weird

i like shipping

shipping that ps5 into my mailbox

May 8, 2006

frytechnician posted:

Vaati is extremely annoying but holy poo poo has he played a smart card by making / being involved in the creation of that book. Whilst I don't really get why he makes a small fortune for his whole souls analysis and plot reviews using a pretentious "deep in thought, overly philosophical" tone, I do have to give it to him for doing this. It looks like a lot of love's gone into it so fair play, I'm sure it'll sell like hot cakes.

The book is a great business move for sure. Nerds/gamers don't want to meaningfully engage with media, they want to be given an ever increasing list of facts or trivia about what's 'true' about a fictional setting. If you can get in and cater to this audience it's a gold mine.

I'm sure people are already doing this but with Riot every expanding the league of legends setting, soon into a fighting game and an mmo, if you want to practice your soothing British affect now you could get on the lore-explain train to payout town

May 8, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Dark Souls Lordran Fact: It is forty miles west of Cleveland

if you clip through this wall in majula you can get to the dairy queen

May 8, 2006

Harrow posted:

This video from Jacob Geller's a great breather from this sort of thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnAWQz34PJs

He fully admits in the video that his interpretation of Dark Souls 3 has very little to do with written lore and that he's "running on vibes," and I'm pretty sure that's the best way to experience the Souls games, anyway. All that written lore is just background, meant to set a tone or the "vibe." Trying to chronicle it all like an encyclopedia is missing the point, I think.

i like jacob geller's work quite a bit! i really enjoyed the one he did tying control and anatomy together in talking about haunted houses.

May 8, 2006

hosted servers and good server browsing tools were king

May 8, 2006

hatty posted:

Mega Man X4 is the best one though

May 8, 2006

i'll take smt fusions for 600

May 8, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The EA apology tour for SimCity ended up with me getting a free copy of Mass Effect 3 so I guess it evened out

I got a free copy of dead space 3 so they just owned me twice

May 8, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Remember when people played games to have fun

this never happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

nice av, alec