Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Meet the Mets
Meet the Mets
Step right up and don't sign with the Mets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Speaking of rowdy baseball, happy 28th anniversary to the best fight in MLB history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3niGu9d_pY

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I agree that that's a fun subject.

I grew up in Houston and Austin and I became an Avalanche fan because my brother did. I think he did because he was a Forsberg fan or something I'm not really sure. I could have picked Dallas being as they were the closest NHL team but gently caress Dallas. My friend from Arkansas is a die hard St Louis Cardinals fan because that's whose games were on the radio for him. I ended up being a Liverpool supporter because when I was in college in the early 2000s I got into the Premiere League, there was one game a week broadcast on some ESPN or other, and it always seemed to be Liverpool and I liked Michael Owen.

I did also always have a soft spot for the Cubs because I could listen to Harry Caray on WGN.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If nothing else the Angels have always deserved to be hated for repeatedly changing which area or city they supposedly represent despite being in the same stadium since before the Beatles broke up

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Ok so under this proposed system what happens if the teams all start treating 180 as a salary cap and there's not enough money to raise every team to the floor? "Whoops we're out of funds sucks for you guys"?