Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He did it again. Kinda.

https://twitter.com/snyyankees/status/1421924646459527174

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

The Astros one is funnier because he goes 2nd to home without a throw even though the ball is fielded like five feet away from him while he's rounding second

The decision to throw was a terrible one, he's safe by a mile even if the catch is made

Yeah, I just thought it was funny that he scored from 1st on a ball that never left the infield for a second time purely because of defensive incompetence and "don't stop running." But yeah, this is just one defender falling apart where a bunch of people had to freze to make the Astros thing possible.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Neither do they.

Director's Cut, worth it if only for the line "we usually don't show when someone gets loose on the field."

https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/status/1422380169680105477

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yankees have outbreaks after trips to Texas and Florida... quick, check your teams' schedules!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Baseball needs villains. Astros are just the newest to join the party with real meat to hate them with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think I've ever hated the Angels for an inning of my life.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its kind of annoying that right as the Pats take a step back a bunch of Astros fans have decided to take up the contemptible banner of self righteous "I don't even understand why you're mad" nonsense.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Yankees also largely got the J&J vaccine early, so its possible that's a factor into why they keep suffering these outbreaks of mostly breakthrough cases.

Although Aaron Boone also likes pointing out they keep happening after Florida/Texas road trips. I mean everyone has to make those trips so its still a Yankee thing, but it makes me feel better to say it.
https://twitter.com/YankeesWFAN/status/1423378707851485185

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 6, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kinda love that seemingly big rear end oversized logo hat. Maybe time for a new one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Respect Our NEIGHBORHOOD

That slogan sounds like they're just asking visiting teams to not leave too big of a mess.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm just gonna say it. Odor was another good Cashman scrapheap pickup.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nodoze posted:

The Yankees all getting covid, Rizzo aside, is not doing well for the "get vaxxed to stop the plague" movement

That seems silly to me. Putting aside that some of these players are unvaccinated and many others got the much less effective J&J... and putting aside that there has always been a chance to get it even if you're vaccinated... and putting aside that most of the sick Yankees have avoided any major symptoms, a boasted benefit of the vaccine... the Delta variant has proven a new danger to all.

I mean, yeah, some dumbasses are gonna go "See?!?!" But that doesn't mean they have a point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris James 2 posted:

It'll be enough. You already had some people who got the shots in the first place but were skeptical of a future booster shot. This will do the opposite of stop that mentality, especially with "lock it down" now being a fringe position neither recent president agrees with

lol yep. Wish they had a way of flexing games instead of this but I don't even know when something like that would be able to be negotiated

I mean, if there's anything this stuff proves its that all this "covid's under control now, no more restrictions, full capacity" bullshit was unquestionably wrong. No, I don't think anyone is gonna support lockdowns because of how many problems that cause and fortunately/unfortunately vaccines should help manage the situation from getting too out of control - at least in places where people are getting vaccinated.

I think the recent push from the right for vaccination is the place we're at. We're seeing massive numbers to show that the vaccinations and mask mandates help and the places with them are getting hurt badly (and precious voters are dying). Is an outbreak amongst the Yankees gonna counter that amongst a percentage of people? I guess, maybe. Probably to those looking for a reason. But I'm not really sure what to take from that or anything. Rizzo (and probably Judge) should have been vaxxed. Yanks maybe should have gotten one of the more reliable vaxs when they became more readily available? I don't actually know what the medical opinion is on that. MLB/The Yankees should be pulling back and instituting mandates. I don't know what else to take from this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yankees are gonna be killer once everyone catches Covid and becomes immune. Its the long game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ihatepants posted:

Gleyber to the IL and it looks like only being on there 10-20 days is "good news" with the way the Yankees season is going. Also they set a franchise record for IL stints.

https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/1424853255633440771?s=20

https://twitter.com/The161Boys/status/1424873279823695877

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm so hyped. I rewatched Field of Dreams tonight and I wanna see someone hit a ball into corn or something!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Romine Brothers are together in the bigs.

This makes me silly happy. Its why I always trade for brothers in my Show farm system.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My buddy's tweeting out photos from Iowa and i'm crazy jealous. I'm such a mark. Gonna go make some hot dogs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WHOOP!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Niwrad posted:

The whole thing ruled and it will be cool to see how MLB kills the idea next year.

Only gripe is I want an old time scoreboard out there and not video screens.

They had an old timey scoreboard complete with a dude who walked up a ladder to change the score while you heard creaky noises. It was perfect.

The scoreboard... I mean it IS a MLB game with people who paid way too much. I guess they should see replays and know who's AB.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm very thankful all the Yankee fans who were all "I don't care about his politics" didn't get their wish. Could have been a much worse season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Signing Bauer has retroactively justified anything the Huston Astros did.

I'M SO loving GLAD THEY GOT BAUER!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mike Schur is probably the one person on the planet I could read that news bit about and say "ok, maybe".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Starting a Hall of Fame and making yourself the first member over any players.

Ricketts deserve a plaque for the hard work of being the biggest villains.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Popete posted:

You can always tell when the Yankees are playing well cause the GDT is very quite.

I like the Yankees even when they're winning. :(

https://twitter.com/RiverAveBlues/status/1427730815753019397

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume the worse the lawyer is runs parallel to how clearly guilty as gently caress you are when they look over your case. Once you get to the arguing sociopathic "dating rules" stage you probably lose options.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Here's some fun baseball silliness to counter the scary baseball badness of the day.

https://twitter.com/Kelsie_Heneghan/status/1427801809649819648

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

You spent too much time arguing with a dude whose twitter bio is basically "this is my shitposting account" who was trying to argue how violating an unconscious woman is ok

Of course they're a Tebow fan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yanks in the first wild card spot, a game ahead of the Red Sox, and 5 behind Tampa and half the Yankee fans I know pretending they weren't screaming at me that I was an idiot for not thinking we should trade Judge 3 weeks ago.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, Nader, bleacher creatures. It kind of feels the same.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No expanded Sept roster and the kind of inevitability that he's gonna get sent down is gonna be depressing as hell unless he falls off a cliff real soon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Mike Soroka in the Atlanta booth with Chip and Jeff tonight and he's extremely good at this. He's doing this avant-garde form of baseball commentary where he says factual information that is relevant to the current context of the baseball game, and then offers an inference based on his personal knowledge of baseball. Other people should try this!

e: also, it is just weird to have like a theoretically active player giving color on his own teammates, right?

Let me tell you about a guy named David Cone...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yanks currently have the second best record in the AL.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel the same way about the Yankees I have all season. They clearly have the talent to win and if even half of it is clicking at the same time they're contenders. They definitely have a more versatile offense now than they had at the start of the season, and for as much as Yankee fans want to blame coaching and team philosophy for the flaws its also been in guys like Judge and Gleybar who have been agressive on the basepaths. Its clearly an overall team adjustment. The pitching is what it is. I've mostly stopped expecting to get Sev back this year but if they can get anything from him, Kluber, and German that should help. The pen's gonna remain a crap shoot but in the playoffs pens kind of always are and those starters can help compensate.

There's still time to fall off and miss the playoffs but I'm feeling pretty good about the wildcard at least. After that, I dunno. Yanks can score 10 and/or give up 6 in the 9th. Makes for exciting baseball. And going forward its clear all the histrionic stuff was just that. I dunno who gets resigned, who never recovers from a bad season, or what but I have little doubt they'll be contenders again next season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yankees-A's with some all time bad review

The weird thing is that the guy should have been out at 3rd on the steal but the umps blew the call and the Yanks blew their challenge earlier. So then the umps blow the call on the force out, the As challenge, and the umps blow a call so obvious even the Yankee announcers were apoplectic about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's something very special about if an athlete gets booing fans to get upset about being booed. That's fun.

But good luck with that, Javy. I'm guessing you're not re-signing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its dumb for Baez (and the Mets, but Baez for verbalizing it) to do it because like you're not gonna get a bunch of booing assholes to go "Haha, you got us. Fair turn." If they could do that they probably wouldn't be booing assholes.

But it makes me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Big fan of "the fans have the right to express themselves, the players don't" approach.

The fun part is Baez's comments aren't even aggressive or anything. He's like "it sucks getting booed when we suck so we just want to express that because we're all in this together."

The monster.