Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Astros not signing Aiken probably got them a World Series. It worked out so well for them that I honestly can't blame the Mets if a similar concern is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh wow the Mariners got their fans hopes up only to immediately crash down to Earth? I am shocked.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I greatly appreciate Baez, Rizzo and Bryant immediately contributing to their new teams and endearing themselves with those fanbases. It's the perfect way to traumatize Cubs fans that much more.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why would they opt out? Seems like a lock to get something and not get screwed another year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Theo knew it was the right time to bail

It's kind of brilliant on his part - he doesn't get any of the fallout of this even though he earned his fair share of the blame.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Ricketts may honestly be the worst owners in baseball. If I were a Cub fan I'd have furious rage at them for ruining what should have been a 5-10 year historic run for the Cubs.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I guess but it clearly could and should have been much better than it was. Take a look at the Astros' run from say 2015 on (hur hur trash cans). The Cubs had an arguably more talented core than what the Astros have and yet the Astros have inarguably been more successful. The Cubs should have 2-3 World Series appearances and possibly have won another one. They should have been what the Dodgers are. That's how good they were.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 3, 2021

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros can do no worse than going 4-4 on a brutal road trip that included the Mariners, Giants and Dodgers.

That is bloody fantastic.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That crowd was so silent from the 7th inning on and it was tremendously satisfying to watch.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

On a serious note good on you for taking the L on this one bawfuls. If the Dodgers win tomorrow feel free to talk poo poo about how fraudulent the Astros are.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Now see there's the bitter bawfuls I've come to know and love.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Where does he even fit? The Dodgers pitching is stacked.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hey bawfuls it sounds like the Dodgers kinda went off on fans after the game saying the trash cans were a distraction and messed with Buehler's rhythm. I do agree with the logic that that stuff should be thrown when the Astros are fielding, not hitting.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hmm...something doesn't seem quite right here.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I love that this is becoming a thing now:

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1421838610974773254

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bawfuls posted:

If you want to spend your day scrolling through Dodgers twitter on some kind of twisted schadenfreude mission after a single game in August, knock yourself out. But no one else cares about the detritus you dug up in the process.

Dude it was a thread on reddit relax. But please, tell me how much you don't care about it - make sure to shout it loudly so the folks in the back can hear how little you care!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh come on like I haven't been the one that's been rolling with it since the beginning BMJ. You must be thinking of a different Astros poster.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That ain't true at all and of course I'm gonna fire back at bawfuls. I see it as friendly banter more than anything else? I don't think he's taking it seriously either?

I think you may be misreading it a little bit BMJ. It's also heightened since the two teams are playing each other in a very hostile series of games right now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

And seriously y'all act like it isn't at least more entertaining with Yankees Dodgers and Astros fans talking smack to each other. What, you guys want Cubsposting 24/7 or something?

(Cubs fans don't actually answer that question)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I could see Giants fans not being fans of the Angels, I guess.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Okay now I definitely know you're in on it - s'all good bawfuls. Glad to see you posting.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Okay wait what? Who are these Astros posters here who act like the cheating didn't matter?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I honestly don't know why you guys are still going on about this. I even chilled last night out of respect since you guys seemed tired of it and yet you still talked about it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

There was one a hour before I posted mine? Look I'm cool with chilling on this a little bit but it's a two way street.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

drat I love watching Laureano play. He's got one of the most incredible arms in the outfield you'll ever see.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros please extend Graveman. He's the best reliever I've seen on the Astros since peak Lidge.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Astros are starting someone named Jacob Wilson at third today and I have no idea who that is. Christ, this lineup is dire right now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I know the Dodgers cashed in on it, but did the Astros really do that? I don't live in Houston anymore so I'm not as familiar with the details, but it sounded like they tried to pull a similar stunt to the Dodgers and it ended up backfiring for like two seasons before they had to cave in?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Not gonna lie I'd still try it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Just shove it all into my mouth. I don't care anymore.

How many of these hotdog poptarts is it gonna take to get Kyle Hendricks?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I just remembered the Cubs got Nick Madrigal for Kimbrel and man that's going to be a hell of a trade for the Cubs.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Poque posted:

We lost by 97 runs today and still lost a half game to the Nats in the race for a better draft pick

It's impressive how quickly the Cubs embraced the tank - y'all may get a top 5 draft pick by the end of the year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Popete posted:

Do the Field of Dreams game every year, that owned.

Man that was a ton of fun to watch. I'd even check in for a Diamondbacks vs. Marlins game at that stadium.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

MLB D/V Aug: juiced balls, corn-driven humidity

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I kinda want the Astros to pick Marwin up

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This may be the worst Cubs team I've ever seen. Y'all are in for a rough few years Cubs fans.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hey congrats Giants fans! Your boy Crawford ain't going anywhere for a few years:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/08/giants-sign-brandon-crawford-to-two-year-32mm-extension.html

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m gonna break some forum rules and go ahead and wish bodily harm would come to Trevor Bauer.

What a loving piece of poo poo.

He and Deshaun Watson should be locked up behind bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So does Tatis move to the outfield long term or just this year? It's not like he was a great defensive SS to begin with and it may make sense to keep him there so his incredible bat stays as healthy as possible. Abrams could easily fill the shortstop role in 2022 and he's considered a plus defender there.