Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The championship season was fun. That's all the positive views I've got left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kalensc posted:

Cubsposting (or Yanksposting or ***posting) is an honest expression (exaggerated at times, sure) of opinions based on recent games and injuries and news articles and whatnot. Sometimes there's a consensus, sometimes there's a disagreement amongst posters, either way it evolves naturally.

Forced "smack talk" is empty performative nonsense. Why create artificial animosity with posters over who won/lost? And to commit to it in support of the Astros and the cheating scandal? It's just a baffling choice, like you aren't part of their team, so why are you carrying their water.

Peak entertainment happens when posters are just posting and then whoops Manas shared a steak pic, or LloydXmas is going walking, or BILLY MAYS GDT, etc.

:agreed: completely

For all the crap mcmagic’s gotten this year in these threads (including from me), give me it a thousand times over the one or two *stros posters trolling and defending cheating for the lols anytime a Dodgers fan posts in this thread the last two years (maybe more but I’ve only been browsing them with regularity for that long and I’ve seen it every month I’ve been here). They suck poo poo completely, and also at least mcmagic is genuine

For anyone complaining about me keeping the derail going btw, I’d rather post these words about this than about my Nats because the most exciting thing they’ve done all year is self-implode almost as bad as the Cubs at the deadline

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rizzo has COVID

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1424381578751401986?s=21

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, yeah, some dumbasses are gonna go "See?!?!" But that doesn't mean they have a point.

It'll be enough. You already had some people who got the shots in the first place but were skeptical of a future booster shot. This will do the opposite of stop that mentality, especially with "lock it down" now being a fringe position neither recent president agrees with

jng2058 posted:

To be fair they pick the SNB game two weeks in advance, so Sox - Cubs probably seemed a good idea at the time. :shrug:

lol yep. Wish they had a way of flexing games instead of this but I don't even know when something like that would be able to be negotiated

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, it definitely wasn't like that last week