Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Wesley Fofana's leg just got snapped in a friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I'd definitely rather be owned by the Glazers than I would spending a billion pounds of literal blood money every year as part of some Middle East sportswashing project, tbh I'd probably pack it in at that point and take up rowing or amphetamines again (whichever is cheaper)

At the same time, I'd rather be a fan-owned club in the Championship

Which is easy to say, of course, and we'd probably end up like Liverpool fans in the Joe Cole era, where "we're happy to be a mid-table club" as long as we only ever lose games to the top four and win the other thirty (lots of 8th-place clubs having 90-point seasons), but I'd probably get a nice certificate for my one share to put in my office

No fan owned club is surviving in the Championship these days. It's a money pit.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is that just because the government want them to follow the rules re: quarantines?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
MotD is shite.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Vinestalk posted:

Jack Wilshire's got a sad as hell interview with Ornstein about how tough it is when you're unsigned and fighting for a contract. It does give a lot of insight into life for the vast majority of people trying to make it in sport. For Wilshire it's different because he was such a star and public figure before being iced out, but a lot of the things he says and feelings he expresses are the sentiments shared by a lot of trialists.

He comes across as a nice enough guy and I hope he gets the chance to play somewhere else, because I do think there's a certain stigma he has in England that would make it hard for him to get the chance he wants.

He's still pricing himself out of a move to any club he's good enough to play for. Boo loving hoo. If he'd play for an average wage he'd be drowning in offers.