Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

White Coke posted:

Their willingness to course correct without rebooting the entire franchise is rather impressive.

That’s part of what I love about the Resident Evil franchise: no matter how many changes in genre or tone or perspective, everything is canon. Even the stuff that contradicts itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Sel Nar posted:

Had to fix that for you.

I dunno, the laser hallway from RE4 was a pretty explicit reference to the first movie, which came out three years earlier.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

RE6 would have been a fantastic action game with some better level design, and if it actually bothered to tell you how to play it and how the combat works. There are so many useful moves that the loading screen tutorials never bother telling you exist.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

That's the thing, RE6 is just amazing to watch; it's the biggest, silliest, most B-movie-like action story they ever did. The problem is actually playing the thing.

Oh yeah. I highly recommend Lunethex’ LP from a few years ago, it really shows off RE6 at its best.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Spoilers for Video 2: Rest in peace, Officer Deputy. You died as you lived: ignorant of obvious criminal activity.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Honestly though, this isn't the first time a Kennedy's ill-invented reputation has gotten the president killed so you'd think they'd have have seen it coming.

:golfclap:

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Jack is familiar with narrative beats, and he knows he has to wait to regenerate the rest of his head until he's found Ethan so he can demonstrate how his powers work.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Are we just going to ignore that Marguerite threatened to give her own daughter a double-mastectomy in that note towards the end of the video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

I know I’m a bit late on this, but Lucas looks almost exactly like Armake21, one of the earliest (and better) AVGN clones from the mid-late 2000s. He doesn’t sound anything like Lucas though.