Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I was so drat impressed with this game. It's loving gorgeous! I mean, it's absolutely disgusting, but it's gorgeous. The RE Engine might be the best graphics in terms of realism that I've seen in a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Seriously, I'm hoping RE Engine can be made available to other companies (or for Capcom to use it on other franchises), because the things it can do are simply amazing.

While I mostly agree with this, I want them to be careful with what franchises they use it for. It'd be pretty weird for Street Fighter, and downright disastrous for Megaman. I love how it's used in DMC 5, though.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

If RGG Studios can use the Dragon Engine to make a port of Virtua Fighter 5, I don't see why Capcom couldn't repurpose the RE Engine to do a fighting game, its all about using the engine smartly and not taking the art design right out of a RE game for Street Fighter or Mega Man.

I hadn't thought about it in those terms, even though it's absolutely reasonable. I was just imagining near-photorealistic Mega Man and Street Fighter, and it was making me wince.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Despite being an arachnaphobe, I don't tend to have trouble with CG spiders. Shelob is the only one that's ever given me a full phobic reaction (gently caress, she was well done! :cry:). That said, when I first saw these ones, my first thought was "just what I needed, spiders in the RE Engine." They're... not nice.

CzarChasm posted:

Don't want to leave out the cannibalism.

Well yeah, that goes without saying.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I'm really not sure how to feel about this section. Update spoiler: On the one hand, neat puzzle. On the other hand, having a Resident Evil game take a hard right turn into SAW is really weird to me.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Since one of them was brought up in the video, are you guys planning to do the DLCs as well?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Sadly Ethan won't try it more than twice, saying that there are way too many combinations to try and it'd take too long. If you put in 1408 you get 1146, if you put in 1146 as your second guess it becomes the third one and the game throws you the finger.

Although hey that reminds me... a certain someone else in a recent video wouldn't attempt a combination lock because there were way too many possible combinations... hmmm... methinks Lucas just likes repeating the same tricks over and over and he's kinda running out of ideas.

To tell the truth, with the LOSER lock I'd be tempted to go through all the possible whole words, given the available letters.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I mean what's he gonna do come in there and kill ya?

Hell, if I'm gonna die anyway (I wouldn't trust someone like him to have an even remotely fair game), I might as well see if I can deprive him of his amusement. :dance:

...at least if he doesn't kill me in some horribly prolonged way. :ohdear:

...which he almost certainly would. :smith:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

The problem I have with this choice is probably a personal philosophy thing; I personally feel that if you're married to someone you have a responsibility that is greater than what you have to most other people. I don't mean that there's no good reason to choose someone else over your spouse, but to me it's a very important bond.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

CJacobs posted:

agribbly

So I've seen/heard you use the term "gribbly" in many a Let's Play, and I wanted to ask something. I can definitely tell from context what it means, but what specific criteria are there for determining the gribbly-ness of something? What makes a gribbly gribbly?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Given the power of Chris Redfield's Punch, and something or other you guys said in part 10, I made this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

azren
Feb 14, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

Uncle Joe fuckin rules

He absolutely does, but as of this video the question remains: can he punch a gator?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

That boss fight was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Looking forward to Village with great enthusiasm, this was great!