Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

gently caress that get him an account

And then probate anybody else who replies to one of his quotes without starting it "Now, Skip..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Defense is supposedly doing way better than offense in camp. We'll see if it keeps up.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Getting really ominous vibes from Bengals training camp tweets.

The defense has owned the offense for three or four straight days and there's no way they're that good.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Giovani Bernard showed up to camp clean shaven

I was promised a sweet ‘stasche :mad:

You monsters have had him for like 2 months and you've already broken them.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Let's see them reliably beat our secondary in practice before we crown their asses.

They have a ton of potential.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have no love for Urban Meyer or the Jaguars but if you're making an opinion based on a PFT headline that says more about you than them.

90% of PFT content is stupid clickbait headlines deliberately divorced from the actual content of the article.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now do Bates.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really want to know what the Texans organization thinks lowballing for Watson is.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The civil trial is likely to be pretty rough. He's admitted to being associated with his accusers and was caught deleting messages. The big thing I've taken away from all the domestic and sexual abuse allegations of the last few years is that it's really hard to predict which ones are going to be a prolonged national level narrative.

I'd expect it to flare up again either during the civil trial or whenever it looks like he's going to play, whichever comes first.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hey Bengals, maybe re-sign Bates BEFORE this deal is finalized?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

You don’t want a bat flipped on you? Don’t throw a meatball right across the plate

You don’t want someone grabbing their crotch and backflipping into the end zone? Don’t let them burn your rear end down the field

I hate taunting penalties so much. Remember that game where Denver decided they were just going to attempt to commit murder on Cam Newton, and the only person who got warned about an ejection was a dude who flexed or something?

Edit: lol warned about an injection.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trying to find the clip from this documentary where the hurricanes players are talking about the taunting rule video. So far no luck.

https://youtu.be/X6CELCtl0kk

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

iPhone Money posted:

Dak has it on lock.

Idunno, that seems like a stretch for a QB I would personally rate at #10 overall. That's just my opinion though.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Really pleasantly surprised by the defense. I don't care what else happened, allowing only 1 td is really good. Pleasantly surprised with the depth. The offensive line looked like a regular fire rather than a tire fire, which is progress. Most of the people who repeatedly hosed up aren't roster guys.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

This is a picture from a Bears practice this week, is it common across the league for the linemen to wear these in practice?

On the one hand that's absolutely a good idea and a beneficial practice. On the other hand oh my god that looks so loving lame.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Starting to think that Kawalimus may be right

Believing that Kowalimus is wrong about birds* should be grounds to have someone apply for power of attorney over you.

*Bird teams count.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The only people who care enough to spend the time and effort to be elected to school boards are crazy right wingers. Republicans figured this out in the 70s

Q people in particular love them some school boards.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's preseason for the concession stands too...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Can't you pretty easily visibly diagnose a torn achilles?

You can even see it on broadcast. Their calf will look all sorts of weird.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Al Davis is exactly the sort of owner who is fun as long as he's not managing your team

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the NVP eats Josh Allen's lunch I would never, ever stop laughing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Barter.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s funny how Madden is like Pokémon in that features are introduced and removed seemingly at random.

Lol I'm no Pokemon fan but you could force every game freak employee to drink half a handle of liquor before every shift and they would still produce a game better than Madden.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

To be fair if there's one guy on the planet who deserves to be apprehensive about getting a shot...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Before the draft I was telling my dad that I would rather take a lineman but the only way I could see Chase not being a good receiver is if he mentally collapses. *Tugs collar*

LOT of smoke. In addition to the lost opportunity the top 5 pick represents there's basically no plan b to stretch the field if Chase doesn't work out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

With the way burrow is seeing ghosts I’m not sure you need to worry about who the deep threat will be.

Burrow's been fine for a couple weeks now. He had like two bad practices in the first week of training camp.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

I read somewhere recently that Burrow, by scheme, was asked to make more difficult throws than most all QBs in the league during his limited time.

Edit:

https://theathletic.com/2782429/202...bound-and-more/

I am by no means a defender of Zac Taylor, I think he should have been fired. That said Joe himself was a big part of their offensive play calling, Joe basically brought over a bunch of play concepts from his time with LSU and they were incorporated into the game plan. Separation was an issue all last year but I honestly think that a lot of that is just the receivers that we had at the time and the fact that our lovely offensive line didn't allow plays to develop. The big reason there were a lot of fans comfortable with the Bengals drafting a receiver round one Is that are receiving room minus Chase is pretty slow and DCs didn't need to respect the deep ball at all.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm not really social media savvy but apparently these posts have been deleted.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I hope McCorkle is bizarro brady where he sucks against everybody but the Giants.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Burrow is playing versus the Dolphins.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Broncos have to be the best overall roster with the worst quarterback option, right? Maybe the Panthers I guess?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1430731881176260611

Who will be the first NFL player to miss a game over the milk crate challenge?

That's a really tough thing to predict for a number of re- Lamar Jackson, Quarterback, The Ravens.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

I've never heard any anti-vaccination themed rap.

I mean okay there's Chet Hanks, but I've never heard his music.

There's a podcast called qanon anonymous that basically documents modern conspiracy theorists and they included a rap from somebody who's pilled in one of their episodes. Dude was rapping about the January 6th incident and in the middle of his song he did basically a legal disclaimer - in meter - saying he was in DC but never entered the capital building.

I wish I could find the lyrics, it's hilarious.

If you've ever seen the Rick and Morty episode with the avengers rip off it had the exact same feel as that rap at the end of it where he starts asking about whether he'd been paid.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 27, 2021

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Imagine around this time last year being a top five draft pick and thinking you were going to be the god of sports in loving Miami Florida, and then one year later sweating potentially getting traded to Houston as a small piece of the compensation for a serial sex offender.

It's not always easy to have a ton of sympathy for a 20-something year old multi-millionaire but Jesus loving Christ.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bengals traded Billy Price for a conditional 7th and a giants defensive lineman I don't recognize. He actually had a pretty okay camp I'm surprised they moved him, but honestly I'm so sick of the constant stories about him turning it around this year honest that it's a bit of a relief.

I guess Tre Hill is making the team.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If any of y'all are invested in what's going to happen to Randy Moss's kid he'll probably make the 53 for the Bengals. His only real competition for the spot got hurt yesterday and Burrow flat out said he's a lock.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

my god i'm old

If it makes you feel any "better" he's actually not a rookie, he was on the football team's practice squad//injury list all last year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a patagonian cavy posted:

he’s going to be a Bengal

My cousin's a die-hard Auburn fan and they'd sell at least one jersey.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If I remember right from around the draft whop is actually a nickname because he liked Whoppers so much growing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

I thought it was a Chinese general

Football's been around for less than 100 years and multiple people have tried burying footballs to motivate people.

I'm sure more than one general has done that.