Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Meanwhile both the kickers the Titans were trying out sucked so bad they waived one and claimed Sam Ficken from the Jets instead.

Weird day that I’m jealous of the Chargers’ kicking situation.

e: And a friendly reminder that the only reason the Titans are in this mess is because they rushed Succop back from injury and then cut him when he understandably sucked, after which he went on to, which team was it… Oh yeah, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

fartknocker posted:

It’s always worth noting that Coughlin massively toned all that poo poo down while also softening his approach a bit (From full :byodood: all the time to just some of the time) in 2007 and basically every player on the team said it made a big difference in how that season played out.

Yeah, and he only won two Super Bowls!

Meanwhile Belicheck won six Super Bowls solely by being an rear end in a top hat! And by good coaching, having solid teams, having Tom Brady as QB, not actually being that gruff an rear end in a top hat to his players, and some cheating, but it was totally 90% being a dick that won those Super Bowls

If anything, Joe Judge losing the team means he’s not being a big enough dick. That’s not how you establish The Patriot Way!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Vikings having a rough one

I can’t believe the only thing standing in the way of Rodgers winning another division is Andy Dalton.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I’m pretty sure Vrabel’s won as many playoff games as HC as the entire Belicheck coaching tree combined at this point.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The best sacks are sack lunches, like the kind Kelvin Benjamin stole from the Giants cafeteria.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Look at it this way: Would you rather sack Pat Mahomes on second down or third down?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

What if these drills cost Tebow a roster spot?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Maybe the plexiglass could protect him from choking in games too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Ravens should wait until after this season to lock Lamar up in case he gets injured or dies from COVID or constipation or whatever.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Trying out Eason or Ellington is going to be an improvement over Wentz, even if they both bomb.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Trade Drew Lock for Tim Tebow straight-up, who says no

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Bold prediction: Josh Allen will be the highest-paid QB of that draft (Baker will be mediocre and get a less-impressive extension, Jackson will either get a major injury this season or get hosed from COVID, lol Darnold and Rosen).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Tim Tebow has as many playoff wins as Kirk Cousins.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Every single bears offensive lineman is injured oops

Luckily Andy is used to not having an O Line.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I mean I posted a pretty harsh own here but I didn’t expect it to be that harsh.

Hope it’s nothing serious, Jefferson owns and I hope he gets to really shine once he gets a real QB throwing to him.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Cavauro posted:

fumblepoopski

Mega64
May 23, 2008

So another normal Bengals season

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Taunting owns.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Yet he still can’t have “Dr.” on his jersey.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Don't call it a setback.
They've been poo poo for years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I like how Minnesota and Michigan have given up all hope.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kalli posted:

Huh, good question, which NYG entry is the Jets? 24th or 28th? Either way I don't know why either team would be above the Falcons, Raiders or Panthers

Unlike those teams, the Giants actually have a shot to win their division.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The only thing I remember about Dion Lewis from his Titans stint.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The best quarterback is the most entertaining quarterback. That’s why the best quarterbacks are Mahomes, Jackson, and Fitzpatrick.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In terms of entertainment factor I don’t think anyone can ever match Jameis’ 30/30 season.

The ending of that season was perfect. Hitting overtime against the Falcons for a meaningless game for second place in the division, still at a cool 29 picks, then his first pass of overtime, his final pass as a Buccaneer, like his first NFL pass, was a pick six.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Can you blame him?

Baker set all sorts of rookie QB records, at least until Herbert broke them all, and helped win the Browns their first playoff game in decades, and against the loving Steelers no less.

Josh Allen is one of the hottest QB’s right now and got the Bills to the loving AFCCG after finally taking the AFC East away from the Patriots.

Lamar Jackson won the MVP in his second year and is an instrumental part of one of the hottest offenses in the league, plus he also just won a playoff game himself.

Darnold got to first base and no longer has to play on the Jets, plus he’s still a starter.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Preventing injuries by banning the peace sign, the NFL does the best things for its players.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Jags are gonna be so demoralized by the team cutting Tebow that I won’t be surprised if they refuse to play.

I mean, they haven't really played in the past several years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If I had to choose between my team having Jamal Adams and my team not having Jamal Adams, I’d prefer having Jamal Adams.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Guy has one bad season and he’s basically a practice squad body at best.

Meanwhile Darnold has three bad seasons and still has a starting job.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

blarzgh posted:

2010: Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow

Edit: Could fairly say, they "worked out"
An argument they "worked out"

Tim Tebow won more playoff games than Sam Bradford and has been relevant more recently in the NFL.

e: Looking at it, Sam Bradford has never had a winning season as a starter (unless you count his 2-0 record with the Vikings before getting injured) while Tebow went 7-4 in 2011.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 17, 2021

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Nobody wants to see a Giants game either, Mara should get fined for showing such disgusting filth on national TV.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Is there some significance for Redhogs I’m unaware of, because in a vacuum that name kinda owns.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

AndrewP posted:

John Mara is an incredible bitch

two of my favorite moments from the playoffs last year were the Winfield peace sign and the Ravens stomping on the Titans logo after the INT, because they were both the conclusion of some beef that had started months ago. why would you want to discourage that

I will never forgive the Ravens for their utter disrespect toward the flaming thumbtack.

Even as a Titan fan, that poo poo owned considering how it all built up from the regular season game and the poo poo that went down when Butler stomped on the Ravens logo. And as pretty much everyone else probably agrees, the Winfield taunt was probably the most iconic moment of that Super Bowl.

gently caress these whiny geezers too shook to watch football. Taunting owns.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I hope Flores succeeds just because he has some crazy loving plays sometimes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Gotta love no one giving a poo poo about brawls in joint practices, but taunting is unacceptable.

Someone please punch Mara in the face.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Is Saleh the injury curse?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kyle did alright, not many coaches get the opportunity to choke away a lead in two Super Bowls!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Offense. Defense had the excuse of at least being gassed. They also got a pick 6 so that’s part of that 28.

That’s the thing, this was an all-time top ten scoring offense, and they only put up 21 points. Granted, against a solid defense and against a mastermind of a coach, but still.

If Atlanta actually won, the pick six would’ve been the iconic moment of that Super Bowl instead of, well, everything after 28-3.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Depends which team you count Cole Beasley under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Patriots